The All-Time AAA11 Thread (sign-up, roster post, picks, etc)

Hedberg

MLD Glue Guy
Jan 9, 2005
BC, Canada
Toledo selects

Coach Barry Trotz
Nashville Predators:
Barry Trotz is the first and only head coach in the Nashville Predators’ history. His career points percentage as an NHL head coach passed the .500 mark in 2006-07, and based on the success of the club, Trotz earned fourth place in balloting (by the NHL Broadcasters' Association) for the 2007 Jack Adams Award, given each season to "the NHL coach adjudged to have contributed the most to his team's success." He also served as an assistant coach for the Western Conference All-Stars at the 2007 NHL All-Star Game, and was named the NHL’s coach of the year by The Sporting News, an honor determined through a vote of his peers.

Trotz enters 2008-09 with the second-longest tenure among the NHL coaching fraternity, behind only Buffalo’s Lindy Ruff. He also ranks 10th in NHL history among games coached with the same team and 13th among wins with the same club.

Coach Dick Todd
Wikipedia:
Richard "Dick" Todd got his start as a coach with the Peterborough Petes in the 1970s as a trainer and worked his way up, becoming the team's head coach in 1982. Unlike the vast majority of hockey coaches, Todd never played the game at a high level. He led the team for the next eleven years, winning the J. Ross Robertson Cup in 1989 and 1993. Todd was awarded the Matt Leyden Trophy as OHL Coach of the Year in 1987–88. He also led Canada to a gold medal at the 1991 World Junior Ice Hockey Championships. In 1993 Todd took a job as an assistant coach with the New York Rangers, winning a Stanley Cup with them in 1994. He retired in 1998, but came back as coach of the Petes in 2004. In his final two years with the team Todd recorded his 500th career victory. He did this faster than any other coach in Major Junior A hockey history, accomplishing the milestone in just 813 games. He also led the Petes to another OHL title before retiring again at the close of the 2005–06 OHL season.

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
Trotz enters 2008-09 with the second-longest tenure among the NHL coaching fraternity, behind only Buffalo’s Lindy Ruff.
From the moment he was hired, Trotz seemed like a minor league coach brought in to coach an expansion team.

Look how far he has come. :sarcasm:

He will remain a AAA-level all-time coach until the Predators at least win a regular season divisional title or playoff round. Unfortunately, there's only so much you can do with a one-line offense and second rate salary levels in a small market. It doesn't help to be playing in the same division as Detroit.

seventieslord

Student Of The Game
Mar 16, 2006
Regina, SK
You're being a bit too hard on Cooper, VI. No one's going to be counting on him to be a point-producing player. But as with any role-player, it is important to consider their ability to produce at the level below, when considering "recalling" them to this higher level.

Cooper's point totals tell us he had passable puck skills. On average, there were 35 defensemen in the NHL, and three times he was among the top-10 in terms of point production. (you are absolutely right that 1945 should be viewed in a different light, of course) Three times is pretty good considering most defensemen who have an NHL career (say, playing 4+ seasons) will never crack the top-10 in points.

From 1940-1947 he had the 13th-most points in the league among defensemen (he came up 12th in a hockey-reference.com report but I'm sure Clapper, listed as RW/D, would come out ahead)

From a "there were 6 teams so this makes him 2nd-3rd on most teams in an average season" perspective, that is not very special. But it's not like there were a TON of better players outside of the NHL with better skills than him, held back by the lack of roster spots in the small league. If there were better guys, they'd have taken other guys' jobs, and ultimately Cooper's.

If Cooper's NHL ballooned from six to 24 teams the year he finished 10th in points by defensemen, with the extra 18 teams filled with all the next-best players out there, what do you wager his placement would have been? A perfect geometric projection to 40th? I doubt you truly think that. That would mean that the next best three NHLs-worth of players were very similar in skill to the players already in the NHL. I understand that there would be some "offense-only" blueliners outside the NHL; guys who, if given the chance, would out-point Cooper but lacked his size, defensive ability, and physicality.

No, I would say he'd end up around 15th. He'd continue to be better than players he was better than, worse than players he was worse than, and better offensively than most of the extra defensemen who came in to fill out these other 18 rosters. The first two parts shouldn't really be argued; the third is of course speculation that you are free to disagree with and submit your own hypothesis.

VanIslander

Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
Look at his year by year numbers ON HIS TEAM ROSTER.
Look at how many games played of his teammates.
Compare his totals per season with those of teammates.

I broke down his career season by season. (I spent an hour doing so for the post on the last page. I stand by that analysis. It's all the time I'm spending on this matter.)

I'm done talking about that second pairing NHL defensive dman (on an at-best average team) who's no better than third pairing on any great NHL team of any era, let alone all time.

Lies, damn lies and statistics.

seventieslord

Student Of The Game
Mar 16, 2006
Regina, SK
Look at his year by year numbers ON HIS TEAM ROSTER.
Look at how many games played of his teammates.
Compare his totals per season with those of teammates.

I broke down his career season by season. (I spent an hour doing so for the post on the last page. I stand by that analysis. It's all the time I'm spending on this matter.)

I'm done talking about that second pairing NHL defensive dman (on an at-best average team) who's no better than third pairing on any great NHL team of any era, let alone all time.

Lies, damn lies and statistics.

That is fine.

But if you could answer this part, I'd appreciate it. "If Cooper's NHL ballooned from six to 24 teams the year he finished 10th in points by defensemen, with the extra 18 teams filled with all the next-best players out there, what do you wager his placement would have been? A perfect geometric projection to 40th?"

I just get the impression occasionally that you discriminate against guys based on the number of teams in their league, forgetting that the league contained the very, very best of all hockey players.

VanIslander

Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
I just get the impression occasionally that you discriminate against guys based on the number of teams in their league, forgetting that the league contained the very, very best of all hockey players.
BLIND PREJUDICE???????????? That's what I'm exhibiting by breaking down season by season career numbers compared to teammates instead of trusting a general stat?

As for the 'very best' argument, there is a difference between the offensive roles and defensive roles on a team and there were plenty of AHLers who had much better puck skills than the two or three least point getters on NHL teams but who didn't bring the sort of statistically-intangible skills of physicality, intimidation and/or defense that a Joe Cooper did.

seventieslord

Student Of The Game
Mar 16, 2006
Regina, SK
BLIND PREJUDICE???????????? That's what I'm exhibiting by breaking down season by season career numbers compared to teammates instead of trusting a general stat?

Don't be offended, I'm just trying to get to the bottom of this.

As for the 'very best' argument, there is a difference between the offensive roles and defensive roles on a team and there were plenty of AHLers who had much better puck skills than the two or three least point getters on NHL teams but who didn't bring the sort of statistically-intangible skills of physicality, intimidation and/or defense that a Joe Cooper did.

Absolutely. This is not the same as forwards in terms of offensive ability, because that is their primary function. You could be almost sure the top-20 forwards in the world were in the NHL back then. Top-20 defensemen too. Top-20 offensive defensemen? no. Like I said, "I understand that there would be some "offense-only" blueliners outside the NHL; guys who, if given the chance, would out-point Cooper but lacked his size, defensive ability, and physicality." So pretend the league goes up to 24 teams and gets shuffled and everyone assumes their new role in this new pecking order. Cooper was 10th out of 35 blueliners. Now there are 140. Where does he place?

One extreme school of thought says "the 10th best in the NHL is the 10th best in the world, so I say 10th".

the other extreme school of thought says "10/35 = 40/140. Do the math." Sometimes you appear to treat players from smaller leagues with this mindset.

A middle ground that I subscribe to, is that some of these extra players will have better puck skills, and most wont. It shakes out with Cooper finishing about 15th in the league. 15th in a 24-team league isn't too shabby. (in 1986, Denis Potvin was 15th in a 21-team league with 59 points, a season that most would call significant) But Cooper the player never changed. Only the circumstances surrounding him.

Come on, I'm truly curious what your thoughts are on this.

seventieslord

Student Of The Game
Mar 16, 2006
Regina, SK
LW Pete Horeck

RTEmagicC_horeck_pete-small.jpg.jpg

- 5'9", 158 lbs
- Stanley Cup Finalist (1948, 1949)
- 9th in goals (1946) - top-20 one more time
- 9th in assists (1946)
- 10th in points (1946)
- 6th in playoff goals, 1st in assists, 3rd in points (1948) - Led all Wings including Howe, Lindsay, Abel, Kelly!
- 224 points in 446 games
- 14 points in 34 playoff games

loh.net said:
Pete Horeck enjoyed a 426-game NHL career over eight seasons, beginning in 1944-45 as a member of the Chicago Blackhawks, who claimed him from Cleveland in the 1944 Intra League Draft. It became evident Horeck had a knack for scoring, netting 20 goals in each of his first two seasons with the Blackhawks. He had drawn the attention of the Detroit Red Wings, who acquired him in a trade with Leo Reise for Adam Brown and Ray Powell in December, 1946.

After three seasons in the Motor City, Horeck was traded to the Boston Bruins in a multi-player deal in the summer of 1949. He played two years there before finishing out his NHL career back where it all began in Chicago.

Although Horeck played on a Detroit team that advanced to the Stanley Cup finals in both 1948 and 1949, he never played on a championship winner, losing both years to the Toronto Maple Leafs.

Players: The Ultimate A-Z Guide Of Every Player Who Has Ever played In the NHL said:
The Michael Peca of his day, Pete Horeck packed a ton of meanness and physical punishment into his 158-pound frame… established a reputation as a ferocious checker who was both fearless and reckless… he became a fan favourite, the little guy who could…in the first round of the 1951 playoffs he had his most controversial moment, racing after a loose puck he collided with Al Rollins, who was lost for the series with ligament damage

seventieslord

Student Of The Game
Mar 16, 2006
Regina, SK
RW/LW Dallas Drake

dallas-drake.jpg

This guy will go through a brick wall to get to the puck.

- 6'1", 195 lbs
- Stanley Cup (2008)
- St. Louis Blues Captain for two seasons
- 477 points in 1009 games
- 33 points in 90 playoff games

The Hockey News said:
ASSETS: Loves to hit people in open ice. Has solid two-way ability and can score at crucial points in the game.
FLAWS: Is prone to suspensions because of occasionally dirty tactics. Is often hurt, primarily because of his kamikaze style of play. Doesn't own natural offensive skills.

Pro Hockey Play By Play said:
Drake leads with his face. Does anyone in the league get smashed in the mug more than Drake does?

Ken Holland said:
He's a very physical player who will add grit to our lineup and make our team even more difficult to play against.

Last edited:

seventieslord

Student Of The Game
Mar 16, 2006
Regina, SK
G Frank McCool

MCCoolTML.jpg

- 6'0", 170 lbs
- Stanley Cup (1945)
- Calder Trophy (1945)
- Tied with Harry Lumley for 2nd-best GAA in 1945 with 3.22, well behind Durnan but well ahead of 4th-place Mike Karakas (3.90)

Aside from McCool's brief NHL career in which he backstopped a cup winner, he competed for the Memorial Cup and the Allan Cup, ultimately failing to win either trophy.

The Leafs: The First 50 Years said:
The high point of the season seemed to be McCool's Calder winning season, but when the playoffs got underway Toronto amazingly beat Montreal and then Detroit in the finals, mostly due to McCool's shutting out the Red Wings for an amazing 180 consecutive minutes.

McCool was very prominent in the 1945 playoffs and would have been a worthy Smythe winner:

The Trail Of the Stanley Cup said:
(round 1 game 2) - Frank McCool was sensational and robbed the Habitants on many chances.

(round 1, game 6) - The Leafs, backed by the superb goaling of Frank McCool and the great play of Sweeney Schriner, eliminated the Montrealers in a closely-fought game.

(finals, game 1) - McCool was given excellent support by his defence and deserved his shutout.

(finals, game 2) - McCool shut out detroit for the second time being supported by a fiercely-checking team.

(finals, game 3) - McCool came up with his third successive shutout, handling 29 shots during the course of the game.

NY Times said:
(finals, game 2) - Protected, as he was in the first game, by an alert mass of defenders who forced the Red Wings to waste their shots on long distance drives, McCool held off every attack and made diving saves when threatened.

(finals, game 3) - McCool made several brilliant saves.

Last edited:

seventieslord

Student Of The Game
Mar 16, 2006
Regina, SK
C/D John Mayasich

JohnnyMayasich-1.jpg

- 6'1, 190 lbs
- Charter Member of the IIHF Hall Of Fame
- Member of the USA HHOF
- Olympic Gold (1960) - was USA's captain
- Olympic Silver (1956)
- 4th in scoring in 1960 Olympics with 12 points
- Led USA with 10 points in the 1956 Olympics
- World Championship Bronze (1962)
- Named Top Defender at World Championships (1962)
- Played in 7 international tournaments from 1956-1969 (age 22-36), scoring 27 goals and 17 assists for 44 points in 46 games.
- Led Midwest Collegiate Hockey League in scoring four straight seasons (1952, 1953, 1954, 1955)

Spitfire11 said:
Scored 144 goal and 298 points in just 111 games for the NCAA University of Minnesota, 2.6 points per game, and 1.3 goals per game and still holds all Minnesota's scoring records. He also led Eveleth High School to four straight Minnesota high school championships from 1948-1951, never losing a single high school game in four years, 10 of his records still stand.

VintageMinnesotaHockey said:
Mayasich is regarded by many as one of the best American born Ice Hockey players of all-time even though he never played professionally. Mayasich won the Western Collegiate Hockey Association scoring title in 1954 and 1955 and was an All-American three years in a row at his university. Mayasich's #8 is the only retired number today by the Historic Minnesota Golden Gophers hockey program. Mayasich was inducted into the United States Hockey Hall of Fame in 1976

John Mariucci said:
John (Mayasich) brought college hockey to a new plateau. He was the Wayne Gretzky of his time. And today if he were playing pro hockey, he would simply be a bigger, stronger, back-checking Gretzky

The First Miracle On Ice said:
Opponents simply had no way to shut him down. His moves were too crafty, his shots too hard. Mayasich had his own unique calling card -- a wicked slap shot that would have been the envy of any NHLer except Bobby Hull.

Jack McCartan said:
For my money, John Mayasich was the best American hockey player that I've ever seen.

seventieslord

Student Of The Game
Mar 16, 2006
Regina, SK
- Nice to see Golikov and Skvortskov get some recognition. I brought them up in the "arguably top-1000 thread".

- Another guy I brought up in that thread was Emile Francis. Someone explain why Tom Johnson is in the MLD and he's not - please!

- I like McCool, but it really hurt to miss out on Nabokov and especially Nicholson. that was the only pick where LF had to look beyond #1 on my shortlist. It should be no surprise this far down in the draft that I like my own goalie the best, but if I got Nicholson I'd have had two of the goalies that I consider the top-4 in this draft. (Zinger and Martin are the others)

- Gary Leeman? To complete the semi-notorious Leafs unit, OK, I'll buy that. He was, after all, in the top-10 in goals that one time. He's just about as "flash in the pan" as you can get, as far as scorers are concerned. He scored 1/4 of his career goals in one season!

- Steven Finn? Garth Butcher? Good, honest players, but faces in the crowd, IMO. What set them apart? Butcher was just 32 and was bought out by the Leafs. He was a career adjusted -72. Out of the 103 defensemen with at least 897 games since expansion, he is 90th in points and 96th in +/-. He was tough, though. 184 defensemen have played as many games as Finn since expansion. He is 183rd in points among them, and 180th in +/-.

- And with Richardson gone, I believe that's it for the HHOFers, correct?

seventieslord

Student Of The Game
Mar 16, 2006
Regina, SK
Regina is in the playoffs!

1939 or earlier: McDonald, Jordan, Marks, Smith, Gagne, Herberts, Brydge
1940-1965: Mickoski, Juzda, Fontinato, Shuvalov, Mayasich, Horeck, McCool
1966-1979: Guevremont, Brodeur, Kilrea, Saleski, Maloney
1980-1989: Driver
1990-1999: Drake
in 2009: Aucoin

Very old team, even for me. But if a couple of you would stop scooping up every post-expansion NHL forward you've ever heard of, I might have more balance in my roster!

VanIslander

Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
- Steven Finn? Garth Butcher? Good, honest players, but faces in the crowd, IMO. What set them apart? Butcher was just 32 and was bought out by the Leafs. He was a career adjusted -72. Out of the 103 defensemen with at least 897 games since expansion, he is 90th in points and 96th in +/-. He was tough, though. 184 defensemen have played as many games as Finn since expansion. He is 183rd in points among them, and 180th in +/-.
statistics (except a bit with PIM) don't reflect what guys like that do for a team, defensively, in terms of hitting, imtimidating, unsettling, etc.

I am not surprised that Butcher is ranked 6th on the Top-50 Canucks of all time. I saw him play. He was DOMINANT in a way that scoring and plus-minus statistics won't capture.

seventieslord

Student Of The Game
Mar 16, 2006
Regina, SK
RW/D Stanislav Petukhov

untitled-7.jpg

A versatile player and great team guy. Makes a great spare.

- 6'1, 200 lbs.
- Olympic Gold (1964)
- Olympic Silver (1960)
- World Championship Gold (1963)
- Had a point per game in all three International tournaments he played in, a total of 12-9-21 in 18 GP
- 5th, 7th, 7th in Russian League Goal scoring
- 173 goals in 388 Russian League Games

Kings Of the Ice said:
When Stanislav Petukhov first appeared in the Dynamo Moscow lineup, he was noticed right away. He was tall, well-built, and at the same time graceful and agile. He became a star because he had a number of exceptional abilities, including an excellent skating style, great speed, and a powerful shot. This winger's physical strength and consummate technical skill enabled him to play a good game in front of the opponent's net, where he always felt comfortable. As well, he had an exceptional ability to slap the puck into the net after it was deflected by the goaltender.

He had his own particular way of playing the crease, as well as a feel for the polished, diversified, and well-set-up plays. He never tried to take advantage of his huge frame. Always keeping his eye on the puck, he ignored attempts to push him out of the crease. Whenever he could, he would take a shot on goal without hesitation.

Petukhov's skill at the boards and in the corners of the rink - something most forwards lacked - also distinguished his style of play. This wasn't only because of his physical strength. His game near the boards wasn't a spontaneous reaction to what was happening there but a conscious strategy aimed at further developing plays. His tactical maturity was evident in the mutual understanding he developed with partners who had a different style of play.

Petukhov played major league hockey for 13 years, all of them with Dynamo Moscow. He was lucky to avoid any serious injury, loss of capability and conflicts with coaches. Petukhov began playing as a forward and ended his career on the defense line. This wasn't by choice but due to changes in team tactics. To his credit, Petukhov immediately accepted the coach's decision, putting aside his personal ambitions.

There are obvious differences between playing defense and being on the forward line, and Petukhov quickly mastered the new skills. His previous experience as a forward made his game in defense more polished and streamlined. But whenever he charged from one end of the rink to the other, you could feel that he was essentially a forward. yet when he returned to his own zone, he would meet oncoming opponents with a stiff bodycheck in order to get a hold of the puck or paste them to the boards like a true defenseman.

seventieslord

Student Of The Game
Mar 16, 2006
Regina, SK
RW/D Mac Colville

ColvilleMac.jpg

- 5'9", 175 lbs
- Stanley Cup (1940)
- Stanley Cup Finalist (1937)
- Allan Cup (1943)
- Top-20 in goals twice (1938, 1941)
- 12th in assists (1939)
- 4th in goals, 8th in points in 1940 playoffs
- 175 points in 353 games
- 19 points in 40 playoff games

loh.net said:
Mac Colville began his NHL career at the age of 19, signing a free-agent contract with the New York Rangers in 1935-36. He appeared in 18 games that season, scoring a goal and five points. Upon returning to the Rangers the following season, he was one of the best performers during the team's try-out sessions and was inserted into the lineup for 46 games. He responded by scoring seven goals and 19 points. The Rangers advanced to the Stanley Cup finals where they were beaten in a best-of-five final, three-games-to-two by the Detroit Red Wings.

In 1937-38 and 1938-39, Colville played in 48 games each season, both times scoring 28 points. In 1939-40, Colville scored 21 points in 47 games as the Rangers again made it to the Stanley Cup finals. This time, New York prevailed, defeating the Toronto Maple Leafs in a best-of-seven series, four-games-to-two. It was the Rangers' last Stanley Cup victory for a span of 54 years, the next one coming in 1994. The following season, Colville recorded a career-high 31-point season on 14 goals and 17 assists.

Fischler's Hockey Encyclopedia said:
A tireless worker.

NY Times said:
In the late 1930's and early 40's, Mac Colville on right wing, Neil Colville at center and Alex Shibicky at left wing formed one of the top lines in the National Hockey League, a unit known as the Bread Line because it was considered the bread and butter of the Rangers' offense.

Mac scored two goals in the opener of the Rangers' semifinal playoff series in 1940 against the Boston Bruins, and the Rangers went on to win the Stanley Cup against the Toronto Maple Leafs. The Rangers did not win another championship until 1994.

Neil Colville was more the scorer while Mac, 17 months younger, paid attention to defensive play.

''I did all the backchecking,'' Mac told The Globe and Mail of Toronto in 1986. ''Old Lester Patrick told us never to give the puck away because the other team couldn't score if we had it,'' he added, referring to the Rangers' general manager.

VanIslander

Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
Halifax selects a skilled role player with size and mobility and plenty of championship experience in 6'3, 218 lbs. left winger Fredrik Modin, tourney top scorer and all-star forward at 2004 World Cup of Hockey with 4 goals, 8 points in 4 games in addition to his Triple Gold Club membership with world championship gold (1998), Olympic gold (2006) and 19 playoff points in the 23 game successful Stanley Cup run (2004). Injuries have curtailed his offense since then, but from before his 2001 all-star game appearance until after 2004 he was worldclass in his mobility and effectiveness, displaying remarkable quickness and power.

060224_hockey_hmed_8a.standard.jpg

ASSETS: Possesses one of the NHL's hardest slap shots. Is very sound defensively and does the little things that win hockey games. Complements talented forwards.
http://forecaster.thehockeynews.com/hockeynews/hockey/player.cgi?1209

Last edited:

VanIslander

Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
Halifax selects coach Bryan Murray, 6th all-time in NHL wins with 620 in 1239 NHL games, seven times coaching the Capitals to the playoffs, two times to divisional titles, once as the Jack Adams trophy winner (1984). He also coached the Red Wings to a divisional title and the Ducks to a divisional title and Stanley Cup finals appearance. The knock on him is that he only once coached a team past the second round of the playoffs, but the fact is that eleven (11) times he coached teams to great regular season records, and it's at least in the opinion of this hockey fan that coaching is more about getting the guys to the big dance than it is about getting over the hump, that coaching is more about motivating teams to excel in November and January and oiling the machine on a day to day basis than it is about providing the difference in close playoff series. Coaching, aside from special teams play, is almost beside the point by the time April and May roll around, in my opinion. Murray is an all-time great coach who, like Reay, hasn't the icing to put on the cake.

bryan+murray.bmp

in other news...

HALIFAX EUREKAS! CHALLENGE CUMBERLAND COUNTY COOL BLUES

Last edited:

Triffy

Jun 23, 2006
Helsinki
Sorry...

I thought I'd let you know. I can't finish the draft. My mind is completely somewhere else now. I might be back some other time if I'm welcome.

Take care.

VanIslander

Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
I thought I'd let you know. I can't finish the draft. My mind is completely somewhere else now.
add to this: chaosrevolver is now eight picks behind and when i sent a reminder he spent the next couple of hours surfing other boards around here, eg., 'prospects', as you can tell by clicking a username

:( i have NEVER had a GM bail out over halfway through a draft (a couple of times early, but that's different)

today is a bad day

Hedberg

MLD Glue Guy
Jan 9, 2005
BC, Canada
:( i have NEVER had a GM bail out over halfway through a draft (a couple of times early, but that's different)

today is a bad day

Could we perhaps still finish off Triffy's team and use it in the first round?

Toledo selects C Darryl Sutter
sutter_darryl_chi_tall.jpg

Chicago Blackhawks Legends:
Darryl's best season was his rookie NHL season of 1980-81. He scored 40 goals and 62 points. Although he had probably the softest hands of the family, Darryl knew that he would have a tough time duplicating 40 goals again. The Hawks were a weak team and many of Darryl's goals came with the game already well in hand for the other team. Plus Darryl played a lot with excellent center Tom Lysiak, who was winding down his fine career.

There was little doubt that Darryl could score goals though. Darryl was on pace to score another 40 in year 2, but he missed half the season when he took a Doug Wilson slapshot to the face, crushing his cheek bone and eye socket. He would score 31 goals in 1982-83.

That year proved to be his last injury free campaign. Over the next 4 years Darryl constantly pushed the 20 goal despite playing in an average of 50 games a year, many of those games in great pain.

In 1984-85 Darryl was the talk of the playoffs as he scored 12 goals in 15 playoff games, breaking Bobby Hull's team record for goals in the playoffs in the process.

and D Niklas Kronwall.

nhl_g_kronwall_412.jpg

- Member of the Triple Gold Club- 2006 Olympics, 2006 World Championships, 2008 Stanley Cup
- A devastating hitter
- Led the 2008 Stanley Cup Champion Red Wings in defense scoring during the playoffs (4th overall on team)
- 2006 World Championships Best Defender
- 2006 World Championships MVP

TOLEDO CHALLENGES OTTAWA HC

Last edited:

VanIslander

Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
Could we perhaps still finish off Triffy's team and use it in the first round?
if chaos doesn't make eight picks today then we'll just run with 5 teams + Dawson City (assuming all 5 of us submit training camp invitees lists today)

i really don't like finishing off abondoned teams but we'll get an interim GM to do so (maybe eagle or leafs forever could, since it's just for a few days - NOT just the picks, but all GM responsibilities for the next few days)

so if someone steps up to claim interim GM status with Prague, it's there to be done (but none of us with teams shall do so, we need an outsider to)

seventieslord

Student Of The Game
Mar 16, 2006
Regina, SK
Jeez, Triffy had put such effort into his team, too. Complete with a roster post linked to his bios, seventieslord/EB style. I'm surprised he couldn't at least come in and make his last 4 picks just so his team was complete, and then check out after that.

As for chaos, I really hope he gets in here and makes 8 picks. This is not like him at all.

What a waste it would be to make picks for 8-10 days and then just abandon it.

Triffy

Jun 23, 2006
Helsinki
Listpick Goalie F.S. Stocking
Just the first one from my head, Coach Ivan Hlinka

Seventieslord asked me to do the last two picks via PM. That I can do. The Bartenders will run without extra skaters unless you decide otherwise.

I'll probably be lurking around at some point but I've got more important things in my life at the moment and can't handle the draft.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad