OT: The All-Purpose Video Game Thread: Part III

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
It literally causes me anxiety when it takes that long to beat something. Invariably something new and interesting comes out, or something happens in my life where I can't really play for a month, or whatever. I mean Horizon Forbidden West probably took me 2 months to beat, and then another month-ish to platinum. If I didn't absolutely love that universe and fall in with the Discord server I don't think I could have done it.

I mean I know it's all in my head. I just grew up where you could beat a game 100% in one playthrough and it didn't feel like you had to commit a substantial chunk of your life to it. Even though I've been playing for well over three decades now, I have never adjusted. :laugh:
This is sort of how I feel. I want to play Cyberpunk and Red Dead 2 but I paid for Elden Ring and feel I need to finish it before justifying a new purchase. And that’s months away. I’d almost rather studios build half the game for half the price. But this is the market now.

Reactions: nyr2k2

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
This is sort of how I feel. I want to play Cyberpunk and Red Dead 2 but I paid for Elden Ring and feel I need to finish it before justifying a new purchase. And that’s months away. I’d almost rather studios build half the game for half the price. But this is the market now.
I'm looking forward to Stellar Blade. I like the whole aesthetic, the combat looks interesting, it's apparently pretty linear, etc. Only problem is I don't think I can find a community for that game that isn't primarily interested in the T&A component. :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad