RDS: The All Encompassing Bergevin Thread: "I know where we are going"

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavePeak

What a goal Mann!
Jul 15, 2009
Montreal
Between those 3, Bouillion, Therrien, and not recognizing in 2012 that "P.K. Subban is already in Shea Weber territory" (boy is that line ironic now) it was clear Bergevin wasn't going to get the job done.
Hmm... in that article you quoted, the author stated that:
As to the system, I'd be willing to bet you, Travis, that given any kind of publicly-accepted, and mutually agreed-upon criteria, none of the Oilers D, outside of Petry, outproduce Subban over a 5-year span of their respective careers.
:laugh::help:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
He just said the whole Bergevin not able to pull trades was total BS.

Smacks of a packaged counter-offensive by Habs' management to ridicule BGL's assertion to the contrary and a blatantly conniving use by the Habs' Dept. of one of the most incompetent and unfiltered conduits of the Montreal media market in Renaud Lavoie. Lavoie is a convenient propagandist with dubious journalistic ethics but which I suspect are compromised first and foremost by a restricted intellectual capacity, making him the perfect mouthpiece when Donald Beauchamp has a score to settle or wants to send a particular message.

Nice try, Donald. We know you're behind this. Now, do the honorable thing and hire Lavoie as part of your PR staff so we can put an end to this sorry charade.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
BTW, if you listen to Renaud's quote, he starts by saying that Bergevin has Junior's full confidence (yeah, like Junior's quotes about wanting the Nordiques back lol), which means nothing, really. Then he adds that Bergevin is there to stay.

I don't think Junior would have gone that far. It's just Renaud being Renaud.

I don't think Lavoie has that kind of wherewithal. Don't underestimate the long tentacles of the Habs PR Dept.

Reactions: dinodebino

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I was at the game tonight. I got tickets as a gift and I went because I hadn't left the house in 3 weeks due to my surgery.

The arena had so many empty seats. But worst of all, it was so quiet. Nobody gave a ****. It was seriously so sad to see. I have not seen the arena like that maybe ever. Even the animator in the fan zone was maybe giving a 10% effort. I wanted to record her "dancing" because it was so ****ing pathetic how little she cares about this game.

Best wishes for a prompt recovery, which is so much more important than all of this Habs BS.

Reactions: Lshap

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
I was at the game tonight. I got tickets as a gift and I went because I hadn't left the house in 3 weeks due to my surgery.

The arena had so many empty seats. But worst of all, it was so quiet. Nobody gave a ****. It was seriously so sad to see. I have not seen the arena like that maybe ever. Even the animator in the fan zone was maybe giving a 10% effort. I wanted to record her "dancing" because it was so ****ing pathetic how little she cares about this game.

That's weird because the crowd seemed pretty turnt to me

Sure you weren't wearing your cynical hfboards habs fan glasses?

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
Hmm... in that article you quoted, the author stated that:

:laugh::help:
Subban is already in Shea Weber territory, but no one knows it. Subban has an advantage -- he's four years younger than Weber. Oilers fans were willing to give Weber all of the money in the world, they should be willing to do so for Subban too. To give you an idea of how good he is, he's turned both Hal Gill and Josh Gorges into possession killers over the last two seasons.

I've polled everyone I know who is remotely related to Montreal hockey and none of them understand why Subban would be deemed a bad person. He's a consummate teammate, and he's got more ability than any Oilers defenseman since Tom Gilbert. His results drive possession like no Oilers defenseman since...Chris Pronger

How Habs fans forget. Gill was a slow-footed boat anchor who'd have been destroyed without Subban and Gorges was a decent defensive dman turned into a killer defensive Dman with a pretty paycheck thanks to P.K Subban.

And this is before P.K Subban went 38 pts in 42 games and the 53 pts in 82 games in the two seasons after this article was posted. Now that Subban's settled in at Nashville, he's back into his 15 goal, 50-60 point form.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
I don't get it...Molson said so himself.
Can I become an insider if I say a very reliable source told me Bergevin does not want to rebuild? (Source being Bergevin himself..in his last presser).

Why is this a thread or news? Molson said he trusted Bergevin.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
You guys get upset so quickly for nothing. I am actually happy if this is true.

1. You can't fire Bergevin at the trade deadline. I'm sorry but he's not that bad to fire him 24 hours before it let's be serious.

2-3 weeks after to give new guy time to prepare for draft and such? At end of season to allow Bergevin a bit more dignity by finishing up the year? Sure either/or. Just not now.

2. If you're not firing him now. Who exactly would Molson be telling "hey I lost faith in this guy I'm gonna fire him soon" ? The answer is no one. There aren't 20 different positions between Molson and Bergevin. If anything there are 0. No one to be aware of this until Molson actually fires him. Last thing I'd want is for Molson to be telling nobodies about his plans to fire Bergevin.

So yeah
No need to get upset?

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
Still running with my hypothesis that Molson doesn't actually give a f*** what product gets put on the ice, just so long as the money keeps rolling in. I don't think the ''most knowledgeable fans in the NHL'' have the ability to even make Molson notice that they're upset.

New GM's, and front offices and potentially new coaching staffs that go with them are expensive AF. A new GM isn't putting us in the playoff hunt immediately anyways. We can tank with Bergevin just fine. I don't see how the fans can actually make Geoff's bank roll hurt more than hiring a new front office.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
You guys get upset so quickly for nothing. I am actually happy if this is true.

1. You can't fire Bergevin at the trade deadline. I'm sorry but he's not that bad to fire him 24 hours before it let's be serious.

2-3 weeks after to give new guy time to prepare for draft and such? At end of season to allow Bergevin a bit more dignity by finishing up the year? Sure either/or. Just not now.

2. If you're not firing him now. Who exactly would Molson be telling "hey I lost faith in this guy I'm gonna fire him soon" ? The answer is no one. There aren't 20 different positions between Molson and Bergevin. If anything there are 0. No one to be aware of this until Molson actually fires him. Last thing I'd want is for Molson to be telling nobodies about his plans to fire Bergevin.

So yeah
No need to get upset?
Habs will have finished in the bottom 10 or 5 in two of the last three seasons, but ya, sure, no need to get upset. Things are peachy.
Why even post on a Habs forum if you don't even care enough about this team to be upset with the utter incompetence displayed over the past few seasons? Argue for the sake of arguing? Having fun playing devil's advocate?

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
After the nightmare that was Jeffrey Loria, a lot of people didn't trust Gillet. A lot of people thought he would be a new Loria. But in hindsight he was really good. The team sucked horribly before he came. And now that he left the team is back to what it was back in the late 90s and worse. Woohoo.
Gillet built the practice arena in Brossard and built the Habs back up from their woeful state in the 90s. By far the most effective person we've had in this organization in awhile. That's the difference between a real businessman who knows how to manage, versus yet another hail-mary owner/GM whose only qualification is wishful thinking.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Time to play Follow That Rumour! Okay contestants, the next question is worth $500, or the equivalent three beers and a hot-dog at the Bell Centre. Here we go! Which one of these rumours is true:

- Everyone's on the table except Price and Mete.
- Nobody's on the table because Bergevin has been shut down by Molson.
- Bergevin has Molson's trust again and is out shopping.

Okay contestants, Follow that Rumour!

Reactions: Runner77

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
Can't wait until he likely whiffs again on a big C this summer and still keeps him job. Unbelievable. Since subban's arbitration, this org has been in a downwards trajectory

Reactions: E82

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Would be very sad if true. An owner should really be questioning his GM after the last couple of seasons and off-seasons. The team has not only stalled but fallen so far behind with no real pool of talent coming up to help. The team will also be stuck under the added weight of Price's contract next season to go with Weber's. There will be no easy way out and I, like many of you, fear that Bergevin is not the guy that will properly turn this team around.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
Time to play Follow That Rumour! Okay contestants, the next question is worth $500, or the equivalent three beers and a hot-dog at the Bell Centre. Here we go! Which one of these rumours is true:

- Everyone's on the table except Price and Mete.
- Nobody's on the table because Bergevin has been shut down by Molson.
- Bergevin has Molson's trust again and is out shopping.

Okay contestants, Follow that Rumour!

dhc.gif

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
Only a fool would keep Bergevin employed after this season. If he is still here come September, all hope is lost with this franchise.

Reactions: Runner77

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
That's not reversible. Reversible would be a kid trashing his parents house and it needing to be fixed with some new windows and a fresh coat of paint. This team is the equivalent to the house being condemned and demolished.

Insurmountable and irreversible imply that the team will never recover. The team will recover.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Wouldn’t the demise of Bergevin and any other personal mean Lavoie is screwed as far as his “insider knowledge”? This guy must be terrified of what could be coming.

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad