Speculation: The 3RD Annual Alberta O' Reilly Fan Memorial Trade Deadline Contest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
I looked back a week ago and saw a few names I thought were close to winning but I've been waiting to see out-of curiosity who won lol. I know I myself was way off.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
5. 2024 4th round pick
4. Lysell
3. Gryz
2. Swayman
1. DeBrusk

Swayman wouldn't have been on this list until his arbitration comments today came out. I'm less optimistic a long term deal gets done and he could help bring in a C.

DeBrusk and Gryz UFAs. Gryz definitely shouldn't be part of the long term picture, a contender looking for depth would give up a solid pick. DeBrusk could be part of the future, he's become a solid PK guy and when he's on he's a solid top 6 forward, but the inconsistency is frustrating and perhaps both parties want to change things up.

Lysell was in the headlines for questions about his commitment. Had attitude concerns at the draft + underwhelming AHL performance. I'm totally fine dealing him in a package for proven NHL talent.

The 4th will definitely be flipped for a random depth piece, like the Mike Reilly deadline deal a few years ago. I can't see Sweeney sitting in 1st and not trying to add. Hopefully there's a bigger move to go with this one, but I feel like this is a safe bet.

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
5. 2024 4th round pick
4. Lysell
3. Gryz
2. Swayman
1. DeBrusk

Swayman wouldn't have been on this list until his arbitration comments today came out. I'm less optimistic a long term deal gets done and he could help bring in a C.

DeBrusk and Gryz UFAs. Gryz definitely shouldn't be part of the long term picture, a contender looking for depth would give up a solid pick. DeBrusk could be part of the future, he's become a solid PK guy and when he's on he's a solid top 6 forward, but the inconsistency is frustrating and perhaps both parties want to change things up.

Lysell was in the headlines for questions about his commitment. Had attitude concerns at the draft + underwhelming AHL performance. I'm totally fine dealing him in a package for proven NHL talent.

The 4th will definitely be flipped for a random depth piece, like the Mike Reilly deadline deal a few years ago. I can't see Sweeney sitting in 1st and not trying to add. Hopefully there's a bigger move to go with this one, but I feel like this is a safe bet.
Love the enthusiasm but 2024 trade thread is still in production

• Haha
Reactions: UConn126

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
All Dollar Store Donny has left after years of trading picks & prospects is:

1. A few meager magical leftovers in Donny’s pockets
2. A short circuited wand, useless
3. A dried up magic potion, powerless
4. The tiny stubs of a hundred or so magic candles
5. And a few last handfuls of magic feed corn