GDT: The 2024 NHL Trade Deadline Thread | March 8th | 3:00 pm ET

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
Getting Hanifin signed and shipping out Cirelli would be a good move. It's pretty clear at this point Cirelli isn't good enough offensively to be a 2nd line center and 6.25M is way too much for a third liner. Hanifin would probably solve a lot of our defensive woes.

Still very much doubt they would trade Cirelli but I'm all on board for shipping him out for Hanifin.

LTIR Trickery

Plz stop pucks
Jun 27, 2007
Scrip Club
Vladdy to Florida? I guess that helps. I don't see how they're going to get him enough ice time to really be impactful in the playoffs if they're not moving another body out, but I guess when its between Vladdy and Nick Cousins its a bit of a no brainer.

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014
Getting Hanifin signed and shipping out Cirelli would be a good move. It's pretty clear at this point Cirelli isn't good enough offensively to be a 2nd line center and 6.25M is way too much for a third liner. Hanifin would probably solve a lot of our defensive woes.

Still very much doubt they would trade Cirelli but I'm all on board for shipping him out for Hanifin.
If trading Cirelli means that we can re-sign Stamkos (at a reasonable cost) and aquire a FA that is offensively competent it might work.

Steal for Florida. Maybe they are still in on Hanifin?

Zwui21

Aug 31, 2019
If those are the asking prices in Ottawa, JBB take the phone and trade for Kubalik.

He's not been good in Ottawa, a change of scenery could do him good and he has the potential to be a good middle six (with top 6 upside) wing. Test him out for the reminder of the season, extend him if he gels. Little risk, decent potential reward.

Edit: oh, forgot Senko had a NTC so he might have forced his way there. Hence the low return

Tampa22

Eternally grateful TBL enforcers!
Oct 11, 2010
Buenos Aires, Argentina

Not a fan of Hanifin. I read some praise about him and don't know why, but that trade would be perfect for us. Sadly, Cirelli become expensive and doesn't worth that contract, is a win-win situation for both teams and of course I also send Perbix and try to get a pick or something more.

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014
Man, Florida kept all their top assets and got retention. If you're the Lightning and you really like Hanifin, the pressure just picked up big time to not let him go to Florida. If they get him as well....forget it.

NatoGhost

Jun 27, 2013
That won't win us the cup in 2024

No but Serg is on LTIR so we have cap this year. People saying giving Serg or Cirelli back the other way otherwise we lose Stamkos. Not necessarily because we could make trades agter the season ends and make an off-season trade of Cirelli (or a healthy(healthier at least) Sergachev) if JBB wants to.

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
Tank would have been nice for the second or third line here. Probably only wanted to go to Florida. The ghost of Dorion still making trades for Ottawa.

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
Panthers will be tough to beat.

Unless Vasy wakes up suddenly...don't see any iteration of this team beating them. Hanafin doesn't help us 5v5(which we are terrible).

Circle of life.

Reactions: Crunchrulz

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
I would have been fine with Tank and Kubalik coming back at the expense of Cirelli. Good to know my dumb ass way overpaid and I am unfit to be a GM

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
We should try and trade back for Killorn with salary retained. Solves a lot of problems and he was obviously the real leader in the locker room.

And most importantly we get back our favorite drinking game (drink when 17 falls down).

Reactions: The Gongshow

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004

Frank Seravalli: I think it’s a limited market, I mean the speed is always a factor and teams are always interested in that. But it’s been a tough go this season for Duclair and I think he would be one of the first to acknowledge that. The fact he has gotten up to 16 goals and is closing in on the 20-goal threshold, probably what you’re looking at is a return not all that different that you just ended up seeing Florida pay for Vladimir Tarasenko in terms of what goes back.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
No first round picks dealt yet. Wish we had home draft capital this year. There's quote a few interesting names floating around this TDL and some big fish to catch too. With the unfortunate Serg injury this year could have been a good yesr to capitalize. Unfortunately we're boned, mostly because of our cap and terrible bloated contracts

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad