GDT: The 2023 - 2024 New Jersey Devils GDT Sign-Up Extravaganza!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Based Anime Fan

Himedanshi Bandit
Mar 11, 2012
Tokai
It is that time again.

But this year, the off-season felt shorter.

Because we were in the 2nd round bay-bee.

Hockey season is right around the corner again and as is tradition around here we will spend 82 days arguing over whether or not it is proper to use HP sauce on a steak, or if RangerDoggo is indeed a human, or a small being in a cute dog automata.

Right now, everyone who's seeing my Username and the GDT tag (and knowing my GDT style) are doubly shitting themselves
f8a6b065fd224f6716f2573e283b10a13d83e912r1-1280-720v2_hq.jpg

Because even the mainboard had to deal with one of my GDTs. And they hated it.

Also, do we want to run with Starlight Brigade as our victory song again, or go with something new?

BelieveInYourDreams.jpg
BelieveInYourDreams.jpg
BelieveInYourDreams.jpg

1. The GDTs are open for posting to anyone, even non-Devils fans.
Yes, even non-Devils fans can post a GDT, but just know we will likely laugh at you, unless the GDT is quite special. If you are popping in for a game, keep it honest and fair; if you're being a loser about it you will likely get kicked and the GDT deleted. I'm no mod, but I suspect I can guess how that will go for you.

2. Make it original.
Your GDT should pop and look pretty. Find your niche and stay to it. Some people stick to more normal things, some people have their known meme, and some... are on drugs. I am in the 3rd category. Even if it's painful to look at, if the effort is there it will be a good GDT.

3. The GDT should be posted a few hours before the game.
We'd like to see it by noon the day of. If there's nothing up by like 2 hours before the game, someone will step in and make it. If you signed up for a specific game and you don't do it... well, I can't really do much but you will be kink-shamed.

4. There is a win-streak system in play*.
So yeah. If you start a GDT and the team wins, you're on the hook for the next GDT. Rinse and repeat until the next loss, unless:
a) you ask to stop your streak, so someone else can GDT it up
b) the next game is a reserved game; that game will be posted by the reserved game-holder, then regardless of outcome of that reserved the next game is yours.

5. Playoffs are special.
The playoffs do not follow the normal structure. The first game of the play-offs are always spoken for regardless of Game 82. Each Round's game 1 is a reserved system. So if there's a sweep someone's making 4 GDTs in a row.

@TrufleShufle always gets the Finals.

Special Reserved games:

1) Jan 11th, 2024 - Based Anime Fan
2)
3)
4)
5)

Reactions: My3Sons and Guadana

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
3. The GDT should be posted a few hours before the game.
We'd like to see it by noon the day of. If there's nothing up by like 2 hours before the game, someone will step in and make it. If you signed up for a specific game and you don't do it... well, I can't really do much but you will be kink-shamed.

Don't we have an unwritten rule that the GDT shouldn't be posted before midnight? Maybe it should be written.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Can I claim the Rangers game on November 18th?

I’ve never done one of these before. It’ll be my first time. I’ve got plenty of time to make this a good one.

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
I can do this upcoming Friday against the Caps

I have some material ready. If it’s all good with @Devs3cups as he is doing them currently
1699247774047.jpeg

GO AHEAD AND COOK!!!

I’ll probably post the Colorado one at 12AM Tuesday, but whatever happens Tuesday, the Friday GDT is yours!

Reactions: NjDevsRR

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I’m down for another. Whenever.

I definitely wanna stay away from doing the Blue Jackets game though, as that’s just gonna turn into me bashing the shit out of the franchise. They already have enough bad going on for me to pour a bunch of salt on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad