Speculation: The 2022 NHL Trade Deadline Thread | March 21st | 3:00 pm ET

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
It seems like Ottawa screwed up. They didn't give the details, or the correct details, of the modified no-trade to Vegas.

The league doesn't register them.
But it’s on freaking capfriendly. Ottawa messed up but Vegas didn’t do their homework. Even more so if not going to cap hell is depending on this trade. And let’s take a second to acknowledge that the league did potentially approve an illegal trade too lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2020 Cup Champions

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
It seems like Ottawa screwed up. They didn't give the details, or the correct details, of the modified no-trade to Vegas.

The league doesn't register them.

It's VGK's diligence to find out the clauses of their own players before trading them. I know Ottawa is not a great organization, but blaming someone else when they had half a season to know everything is an even worse look. Never assume anything. Ever. In my experience as an RN no one gives a shit when the ER forgets to run a PTT on a patient with a blood clot and a standard heparin drip is ordered. You hang it without looking at numbers, it's YOUR ass.

If I could figure it out in 6.2 minutes they should've been able to figure out all the details of their player in 62 games. Its their responsibility regardless of who f***ed up

The Lightning would never EVER make a mistake like this

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
It's VGK's diligence to find out the clauses of their own players before trading them. I know Ottawa is not a great organization, but blaming someone else when they had half a season to know everything is an even worse look. Never assume anything. Ever. In my experience as an RN no one gives a shit when the ER forgets to run a PTT on a patient with a blood clot and a standard heparin drip is ordered. You hang it without looking at numbers, it's YOUR ass. You wanna do something, you do the homework. They spent all that time screwing around with Eichel KNOWING they gotta trade someone and don't even double check.

If I could figure it out in 6.2 minutes they should've been able to figure out all the details of their player in 62 games. Its their responsibility regardless of who f***ed up

The Lightning would never EVER make a mistake like this

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
But it’s on freaking capfriendly. Ottawa messed up but Vegas didn’t do their homework. Even more so if not going to cap hell is depending on this trade.
It is on CapFriendly, but the no-trade lists aren't. CapFriendly is also an unofficial fan/media resource.

Ottawa could have sent over the wrong info. Vegas could have mixed-up no-trade lists. They're looking at a lot of stuff on deadline day. Vegas isn't blameless in this, but Ottawa is very likely a factor.

Friedman was saying a few hours ago that there had been some type of belief that the m-NTC had been voided somehow. Dadonov has the receipts that his list for this season was in on time.

What I think may have happened was that:
Dadonov files his list with Ottawa in June.
He gets traded to Vegas on July 27th, Ottawa figures that since the lists are with the team, they'll get him to submit a new list to them. You don't really put your current team as a Y/N option, do you? We hear about teams asking players to update their lists.
Vegas can't find any lists, so they figure he didn't submit one in time, and can be traded anywhere.

It's a big leap to think that a guy would willingly give up an m-NTC. Vegas should have looked into that.

Last edited:

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Not sure how any of this is Ottawa's fault? They got his list before the season and traded him to a team not on it. From that point on its up to Vegas to figure out the teams on the no trade list, he's their property now. If you had any clue you might be moving a player you should be checking on their list and if a team is on it ask them if they're willing to waive it. Vegas just tried to do a deal behind the players back without checking all the details and got caught with their pants down.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Not sure how any of this is Ottawa's fault? They got his list before the season and traded him to a team not on it. From that point on its up to Vegas to figure out the teams on the no trade list, he's their property now. If you had any clue you might be moving a player you should be checking on their list and if a team is on it ask them if they're willing to waive it. Vegas just tried to do a deal behind the players back without checking all the details and got caught with their pants down.
It'd be traced back to the OTT/VGK trade. If VGK is on the hook for this Anaheim trade (and they should be), then Ottawa would be on the hook for the prior trade *if* there were any issues, as there have been claims of.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad