Speculation: The 2021 NHL Trade Deadline Thread | April 12th 2021 | 3:00 pm ET

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
Yzerman is collecting day 2 picks like crazy . I don't think DET has any pieces that will net a 1st they want to trade. Perhaps Mantha but that would be dump. I wish we could trade JOHNSON plus a roster player for Mantha plus 22 1st and 4th. He has some size sand skills we would need.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
I think its safe to say we are tapped out after that trade unless jbb has any more tricks up his sleeve. Would assume Stammer is going to ltir in that situation? I would prefer we don't do that and get Stammer back soon to get some consistency going with this roster into the playoffs. Plus it seems like we are always hobbling to the finish line with a player hurt going into the playoffs. Would be nice to not have that for once even tho kuch kind of already clinched that situation.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Am I the only one that hasn't liked any of the moves the Leafs have made this year?

Simmonds? Foligno? Thorton?

Not needle movers, imo. Might bring some grit for the playoffs though which they need cause Matthews, JT, Nylander and Marner eint physical

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Foligno to the Leafs, San Jose being used to drive the cap hit down.

Dubas is always copying JBB.
And taking a player from a Blue Jackets team that eliminated them in the playoffs. How original :sarcasm:
Am I the only one that hasn't liked any of the moves the Leafs have made this year?

Not needle movers, imo. Might bring some grit for the playoffs though which they need cause Matthews, JT, Nylander and Marner eint physical
I hate to say it but I actually like this move for Toronto. They’re too easy to play against. They needed some sandpaper and some nastiness.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
And taking a player from a Blue Jackets team that eliminated them in the playoffs. How original :sarcasm:

I hate to say it but I actually like this move for Toronto. They’re too easy to play against. They needed some sandpaper and some nastiness.
Grit and toughness is needed for the playoffs, but depth and defence are HUGE. Our grit guys (the 3rd line) at least won us games.

Look at what Perry did for Dallas. Can Faligno and Wayne Simmonds win them some games? We'll have to wait and see.

I still don't buy the Toronto hype.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Grit and toughness is needed for the playoffs, but depth and defence are HUGE. Our grit guys (the 3rd line) at least won us games.

Look at what Perry did for Dallas. Can Faligno and Wayne Simmonds win them some games? We'll have to wait and see.

Save to say they’re better than last season, at least on paper.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Save to say they’re better than last season, at least on paper.
I agree with this.

They upgraded on D for sure, they have a hot goalie and some more leadership experience with the old guys. I just feel like they haven't had any challenges to face with that Division (which, also on paper) should have been much more competitive.

They might get a rude awakening in that semi final round

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL

I need to see them play a team outside of their division with an actual defense that can skate and hit.

Reactions: The Gongshow

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011

Yeah this doesn't make a ton of sense to me. Doesn't fit their speed style, isn't a great PKer or anything.

Feels like caving into the cries for "toughness" without considering fit.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
Yzerman is collecting day 2 picks like crazy . I don't think DET has any pieces that will net a 1st they want to trade. Perhaps Mantha but that would be dump. I wish we could trade JOHNSON plus a roster player for Mantha plus 22 1st and 4th. He has some size sand skills we would need.

3 years from now yzermans team will be stacked

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl

Yes but they needed a defenseman

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Yes but they needed a defenseman

That's what I said. They didn't seem to agree with that but I think they think they have that fixed based on what they have been able to do against that division but I don't think that is a smart way to think about it. If I was them they add another d to the fold for depth.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
That's what I said. They didn't seem to agree with that but I think they think they have that fixed based on what they have been able to do against that division but I don't think that is a smart way to think about it. If I was them they add another d to the fold for depth.

we don’t know how good they are that division sucks for sure

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
CBJ is in a really good position to build. If they strike gold on a pick or two, their future will look bright.

Reactions: NatoGhost

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
3 years from now yzermans team will be stacked

Probably closer to 5 years. They're further away from contention than we were. At least with us, he had Hedman and Stamkos in place to build around. Larkin and Mantha don't strike me as cornerstones.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
CBJ is in a really good position to build. If they strike gold on a pick or two, their future will look bright.

It'll be even better if they decide to sell high on Laine. I hate to say it but that was probably the hardest place he could land in the whole league.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
It'll be even better if they decide to sell high on Laine. I hate to say it but that was probably the hardest place he could land in the whole league.

Yes and no. If they're rebuilding, I don't expect Torts to be there long. Don't get me wrong, I think he'll find another job more/less instantly this time. But he's more the guy you want coaching talent that has already been developed. Not so much the guy you want developing them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad