GDT: The 2021 NHL Entry Draft Thread! Round 1, 8pm EST on ESPN2!

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
I can see a team like LA or Vancouver offering up the 8th or 9th OA in a deal involving Bert.

I just dont see Bertuzzi being in Detroit longterm

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
Despite the age difference, I think acquiring Nedejelejokajevich (mods please fix) does slightly decrease the odds of drafting Wallstedt. BPA, blah blah blah. It wasn’t highly likely to begin with, and now the pressure just isn’t as high to get that “stud” goalie now. We can draft 1 or 2 later in the draft.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Despite the age difference, I think acquiring Nedejelejokajevich does slightly decrease the odds of drafting Wallstedt. BPA, blah blah blah. It wasn’t highly likely to begin with, and now the pressure just isn’t as high to get that “stud” goalie now. We can draft 1 or 2 later in the draft.

I would like Kolosov or Gerasimyuk in the later rounds... personally.

deca guard

Jun 22, 2019
www.reddit.com
I can see a team like LA or Vancouver offering up the 8th or 9th OA in a deal involving Bert.

not sure if it means anything as a gm cant always speak exactly how it feels but in that freepress video i linked yzerman talks about how they love tyzzi and want him a redwing long term . he says lots about everything in that vid in frkits 21/22 thread , vids 25 minutes of reporters questioning yzerman .

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Nedejelejokajevich

Tempted to get this put on a jersey.

Despite the age difference, I think acquiring Nedejelejokajevich (mods please fix) does slightly decrease the odds of drafting Wallstedt. BPA, blah blah blah. It wasn’t highly likely to begin with, and now the pressure just isn’t as high to get that “stud” goalie now. We can draft 1 or 2 later in the draft.

Vasilevskiy was drafted in 2012 and then months later Yzerman traded for a 26-year-old Ben Bishop.

Not saying history repeats itself, but Yzerman has done this kind of thing before.

Last edited:

Ed Ned and Leddy

Brokering the Bally Sports + Corncob TV Merger
Apr 1, 2019
Detroit to DC
Since the Wings have stopped being a competitive team, this has really become one of my favorite hockey nights of the year.

Obviously it will be nice to have an exciting new crop of Red Wings prospects to keep an eye on, but it's also really cool to see players like Beniers who I've watched for a few years now take that step up into professional hockey.

I've found the league is a lot more fun to watch when you're able to recognize guys from juniors/NCAA/European leagues and see how they've developed. I definitely prefer some prospects over others in terms of actual hockey ability, but really I hope to see all these kids continue to grow their game and find NHL success.

golffuul

Oct 24, 2011
Tempted to get this put on a jersey.

Vasilevskiy was drafted in 2012 and then months later Yzerman traded for a 26-year-old Ben Bishop.

Not saying history repeats itself, but Yzerman has done this kind of thing before.
Yzerman doing Yzerthings. Also I think you should totally get a velcro name plate for Ned's "new name.".

Reactions: Bench

OgeeOgelthorpe

Sparkplug
Feb 29, 2020

For what it's worth, Yzerman stated that he'd like to keep Bert in Detroit long term during his presser last night. Yzerman is pretty quick to wheel and deal though, so I take that with a grain of salt.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
If I am lucky, Bench will throw in a case of Pig's Eye.

That could be tricky. I'm pretty sure they shuttered awhile ago.

But I'll keep this on snow for you:

DuNordMixed-BloodBlendedWhiskey.jpg.webp

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad