The 2019-20 Tank Command Thread - Part 2: The Tank is back on?: 30th place | 69.8pt projection

2019-20 Tankathon: Who are the tanking teams

• ANA

• ARI

• BOS

• BUF

• CGY

• COL

• CBJ

• DAL

• DET

• EDM

• FLA

• LAK

• MIN

• MTL

• NSH

• NJD

• NYI

• NYR

• PHI

• PIT

• SJS

• STL

• TBL

• TOR

• VAN

• VGK

• WSH

• WPG

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
I think we're riding some pretty unsustainable goaltending at the moment. We'll come back down to earth soon enough methinks.
Well, this might be controversial but I don't think Pageau will score 50 goals. Hot take, I know but he might not be able to sustain that pace.

Reactions: NyQuil

SPF6ty9

Feb 22, 2016
Caca Poopoo Peepee Shire
Exactly, we'll be fine for the tank in the long run, no need to overtly trade players, it'll take care of itself. That said, if you can get something good for Pageau...

Crosside

Aug 1, 2018
God I hope they dont make trades to push for the playoffs.
I have no problem with that if we keep Pageau, Demelo, Names , Brown and Demelo at good price. But if we trade for a good player I want the player have a contract at least of 5 years

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Taking a look at our schedule makes me feel better about our tanking chances.

Played NYRx3, DETx2, LA, MIN and NJ already. Went 6-2 against the worst the NHL has to offer, but are 5-8-1 against teams that don't completely suck.

We play the Jackets and Wild in 2 out of our next 3 games, so we may keep winning for a little awhile, but when the schedule starts to put us against better teams, we should be able to rack up some losses then.

Reactions: Deku

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007

Played NYRx3, DETx2, LA, MIN and NJ already. Went 6-2 against the worst the NHL has to offer, but are 5-8-1 against teams that don't completely suck.

We play the Jackets and Wild in 2 out of our next 3 games, so we may keep winning for a little awhile, but when the schedule starts to put us against better teams, we should be able to rack up some losses then.
Losing? Think of the culture!!!

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
It's fine. There is no way they can sustain this level of energy. Surely they will start to lose again. This a temporary blip on the radar. We can soon return to identifying them as only a bunch of overrated prospects, shiny new toys, and a slew of bad trades by PD. :sarcasm:

But seriously, the last big Quebecois player we drafted 1st overall was a Daigle? amiright?!?

Maybe we don't want to be having the last Laf.

Last edited:
Reactions: guyzeur

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005

If you want to be factual about it, we've had the 19th most difficult schedule so far. So roughly average, maybe slightly easier than average.

NHL Strength of Schedule Rankings

The Sharks are all the way down at 26th.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Live look at the tank:

5fbc373e689ecaf5272124e1d00609d5.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad