The 2018 World Championships

AustonsNostrils

Apr 5, 2016
that they left Mittelstadt off the USA World Championship team in favor of Brian Gibbons, Tage Thompson, Blake Coleman because Eichel maybe with the influence of the Sabres turned down the invitation?

AustonsNostrils

Apr 5, 2016
We would never know, petty politics exist in every organization/business humans involve themselves in.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
that they left Mittelstadt off the USA World Championship team in favor of Brian Gibbons, Tage Thompson, Blake Coleman because Eichel maybe with the influence of the Sabres turned down the invitation?

That is so .....

They didn't invite him because USA hockey does a lot of baffling things with their rosters and have for years.

Reactions: Aladyyn

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
We would never know, petty politics exist in every organization/business humans involve themselves in.

USA hockey has had an incredible relationship with the Pegulas and the Sabres for several years. Its beyond ridiculous to think USA hockey would do this.

What would even be the point? To piss off one of USA hockey's biggest supporters (the Pegulas) who host a multitude of USA hockey events? As well as piss off one of their top players (Jack)? All because Jack wants to fully rehab his ankle and body?

I can't stress how incredible daft this suggestion is.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Rough.

This makes a whole lot more sense than USA spitefully cutting a player because Eichel isnt playing for team USA. :laugh:

Yes, USAH has had moments of odd political machinations, but I have never heard of something where someone who has represented them 7 times in the last 6 years taking time to get 100% healthy would cause them to make a move to short-change their own team. That's laughable.

And with the announcement that Casey is dealing with a groin injury, it makes sense.

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
Kind of a disappointing IIHF this year for me.. No Dahlin, Middlestadt, Asplund or Olofsson.

I mean its cool O'Reilly and Larsson are playing but I already know what they can do.

EDIT: I guess I can watch Pilut, I just thought about him.

Reactions: Kyndig

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad