The 2018 World Championships

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
So it is that time of year again...

O’Reilly has said yes for Canada and if I read it correctly Lehner for Sweden along with early invitees Asplund and Olofsson. Jack sounds like a soft no, due to ankle recovery.

Who else should get a call? Ristolainen?

RobRayzor

Jun 23, 2016
Helsinki
Girgensons for sure,but i guess most of people here don't care about him :D
Eichel has done it in past and US tends to send pretty young roster anyway,so i guess he will represent US again.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Girgensons for sure,but i guess most of people here don't care about him :D
Eichel has done it in past and US tends to send pretty young roster anyway,so i guess he will represent US again.

Jack's already hinted that he likely isn't going so he can fully recover his ankle injury.

Reactions: Eichel15

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
Our entire team just needs a break from hockey. Not good.
Eichel - injured during the season
Reinhart - doesn't have a contract
Ristolainen - highest ATOI of his career (what the actual f***, really??), can't even remember the last time he went

Kyndig

Jan 3, 2012
Wonder if Mittelstadt will get the Borgen treatment. Probably less likely given how weak USA is at center usually...but who knows with the old mans country club.

If he does play will it be 2C?3C?4C?

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Wonder if Mittelstadt will get the Borgen treatment. Probably less likely given how weak USA is at center usually...but who knows with the old mans country club.

If he does play will it be 2C?3C?4C?

Figure he is more likely to get the Brickley than the Borgen.

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
I think Casey did enough in his cup of coffee to get some decent even strength time and definitely a look at pp1 for a likely USA team

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
I think Casey did enough in his cup of coffee to get some decent even strength time and definitely a look at pp1 for a likely USA team
He'll be great on the big ice. During a short tournament like that he can probably perform like a first line NHLer with the space he'll have to create.

Reactions: sabrebuild

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
He'll be great on the big ice. During a short tournament like that he can probably perform like a first line NHLer with the space he'll have to create.

He's also used to the big sheet because that's what he practiced on and played home games on for the Gophers.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
  • Goaltender: Darcy Kuemper (Saskatoon, Sask./Arizona)
  • Defencemen: Thomas Chabot (Sainte-Marie-de-Beauce, Que./Ottawa), Vince Dunn (Lindsay, Ont./St. Louis), Joel Edmundson(Brandon, Man./St. Louis), Aaron Ekblad (Windsor, Ont./Florida), Darnell Nurse (Hamilton, Ont./Edmonton), Colton Parayko (St. Albert, Alta./St. Louis) and Ryan Pulock (Dauphin, Man./New York Islanders)
  • Forwards: Mathew Barzal (Coquitlam, B.C./New York Islanders), Anthony Beauvillier (Sorel-Tracy, Que./New York Islanders), Jordan Eberle (Regina, Sask./New York Islanders), Bo Horvat (Rodney, Ont./Vancouver), Connor McDavid (Newmarket, Ont./Edmonton), Ryan Nugent-Hopkins (Burnaby, B.C./Edmonton), Brayden Schenn(Saskatoon, Sask./St. Louis), Jaden Schwartz (Wilcox, Sask./St. Louis), Ryan O’Reilly (Varna, Ont./Buffalo) and Jean-Gabriel Pageau(Ottawa/Ottawa)

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
Jack didn't say anything about his ankle. He said he needs 'to get his body right' and wont be going. Could be anything or nothing. I guess we just take it at face value.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Jack didn't say anything about his ankle. He said he needs 'to get his body right' and wont be going. Could be anything or nothing. I guess we just take it at face value.

We know that the last ankle issue took time beyond his return to get to 100%. Is there any issue with him getting it back fully and then getting after his off-season regimen, all fired up from this humiliation? Beyond pointing at "our guy" playing for the national team, isn't it better in the long-run to get him back to 100% instead?

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
Zadina is prepared to go, just waiting for the call. NT is aware but waiting how the NHL situation shakes out and which players will be available.

Reactions: Chainshot

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad