GDT: The 2018 Stanley Cup Playoffs ( All General Talk )

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
I came to the conclusion that I wish every team to win their home games for this series. Knights winning the cup in game 7 would be an insane story.

Then Ovi can win it next year.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
That's a dirty hit. I'm sorry but there's no reason for him to deliver that hit, the puck is long, long gone and he just decides to blast a guy. That should've been 5 and game misconduct.

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002
Much ado about nothing, re: Wilson hit. Two minutes for interference is fine with me, and in truth, I wouldn't have had a problem if there was no penalty. All of this suspension/ejection stuff is overkill, IMO.

Look, it sucks when you're not expecting a hit and then get tagged. We've all been there. It's part of hockey. But that hit, while perhaps a wee bit late, wasn't otherwise aggregious in the least. Next.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
That's a dirty hit. I'm sorry but there's no reason for him to deliver that hit, the puck is long, long gone and he just decides to blast a guy. That should've been 5 and game misconduct.

If anybody else in that game other than Wilson made the hit it would not have even been a 2 minute penalty.

Not a single thing about the hit was dirty.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Vegas' 4th goal is a prime example of why I hate playoff officiating. Let's hope the refs won't completely ruin what is shaping up to be a great series.

For real. If Wilson’s hit is so “dirty” why isn’t Reaves? He cross checks Carlson in the numbers way away from the puck. So clearly that should be a penalty then right?

Reactions: 2bowhunt

Thepoolmaster

Dec 3, 2011
Great play by Mcnabb on that one. Sucks to see him so successful while Hishon somewhere in Europe crying himself to sleep that he turned down that $30 off hot yoga coupon ROR's dad offered him all them years ago.

Yeah saw the replay after I wrote that. Still think he should have put that in though. Looked like a bit of a slash, so I think if Eller is stronger on his stick he could have still put it in. But not as egregious as when I first saw it.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
That was an amazing game last night. I wouldn't mind six more of those.

Wilson's hit isn't suspension worthy because he avoided the head for once. It was late though and another example of an unnecessary hit you'd expect from a trash player.

Reactions: McMetal

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
It doesn't elevate to the level of a suspension, but that doesn't mean it wasn't a dirty, unnecessary hit. He's lucky that didn't cost his team a power play instead of a 4 on 4.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Was driving back from a visit to Colorado and listening on the radio, what a crazy game.

Custance did a piece in The Athletic about the Knights and how they've (possibly) changed how teams will build their rosters moving forward. It's well-written enough but he gets a lot of quotes from John Chayka. Really? Chayka? I mean, get a couple soundbytes and what not but how about getting more than one source, and maybe someone who has helmed a team with a winning record perhaps...?

Hennessy

Ye Jacobites, by name
Dec 20, 2006
On my keister
Washington D is having a really hard time with the speed of Vegas. Getting beat to a lot of pucks or skated around. They're relying on a lot of clutch and grab, which may not be called much in the postseason, but it's going to come back to bite them. Granted, better to mug a guy than to have him do what Neal did there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad