GDT: The 2018 Stanley Cup Playoffs ( All General Talk )

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002
Game 1 is scheduled for May 28th. Game 7 (if necessary) is scheduled for June 13th.

Two days off between games FOUR times. 17 days to play 7 games.

The NHL really sucks sometimes.

Thepoolmaster

Dec 3, 2011
If I had to guess it's because most teams/arenas don't anticipate making the finals, so they have other events (concerts etc.). It would be pretty risky to miss out on business opportunities in the hopes of making the finals.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
I will not be rooting for either team in the SCFs....or maybe I will be rooting for both?

All I know is that I'm good with either of these teams winning and am looking forward to one spectacular series. This is going to be some fun hockey to watch.

Hennessy

Ye Jacobites, by name
Dec 20, 2006
On my keister
Against almost any other team I'd be cheering for Washington and for the idiotic narratives about Ovechkin to die. But it's nearly impossible not to want to see Vegas go all the way. Either because you genuinely like the Cinderella angle, or because it's a beautiful troll job.
That said, I won't be rooting against a team, either. If the Caps win, I'll be satisfied.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Man, I actually don't know who I want to win this Cup more. Vegas has been such an interesting story, given how they've defied the rhetoric all year, and of course now the Capitals have finally broken through and reached the Finals.

I think I'm leaning more towards the Caps, because I believe Carlson would be more in the mindset of leaving Washington now that he has his Cup (and I want the Avs to make a huge run at him).

Reactions: Waingro

Quicklime

Sep 25, 2006
Denver, CO
My other favorite team is the Islanders, so I'm a fan of neither the Caps or Knights...that being said, I'd rather see Ovi win than Fleury.

Capitals in 6...*maybe* 7.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->