GDT: The 2018 Stanley Cup Playoffs ( All General Talk )

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Gallant says he doesn't hold his players accountable for making mistakes:

That strategy works great when you have a group of players hungry to prove everyone wrong, and you're at the tail end of a cinderella season going to the Stanley Cup Final. It doesn't work so well when you have a normal season with some bumps in the road, or a down season which happens every few years, and the players are a little complacent, or not as motivated.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
This, yes Wilson likes to tap dance over the line but I think we need a guy like that to strike fear in the opponent (didn't seem like Z did that this year as much)
I would rather see Z hitting heavy and clean than Wilson hitting dirty even once. No thanks to having a Cooke on this team, we're better than that.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Golden Knights vs Capitals would be McPhee vs team that was built by McPhee.

I know Vegas is a good story, but if Washington makes it to the final. I'm not sure how you can root for Vegas unless you are a Washington rival fan, or a straight up native Vegas fan. The band wagoners should be fully on the Caps train.

Caps/Knights just seems like destiny right now though. Tampa is out playing them IMO, but can't buy a goal.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
I know Vegas is a good story, but if Washington makes it to the final. I'm not sure how you can root for Vegas unless you are a Washington rival fan, or a straight up native Vegas fan. The band wagoners should be fully on the Caps train.

I guess it depends on if you like Ovechkin or not.

I'm not a fan of him and other athletes being Putin puppets since I think sports and politics should be separated and Putin isn't exactly a democrat. But at the same time I do enjoy him on the ice.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
I guess it depends on if you like Ovechkin or not.

I'm not a fan of him and other athletes being Putin puppets since I think sports and politics should be separated and Putin isn't exactly a democrat. But at the same time I do enjoy him on the ice.

I've never bothered to pay attention to that side of it. If anything Backstrom deserves it just as much if not more for how underrated he is.

Reactions: McMetal

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
People didn't seem to mind having Claude Lemieux who crossed the line a lot

Yeah. Honestly dont think Wilson should be mentioned in the same breath as Cooke either. Wilson plays hard and physical which sometimes leads to dirty hits. I think his reputation is significantly worse then what he actually is.

Cooke was an entirely different kind of dirty. He made a lot of dirty plays that weren't a results of just big hits gone wrong and IMO it was very clear a lot of the time that the things Cooke did were on purpose. I really dont think that's the case with Wilson. I think he's just a product of being big and playing a physical game sometimes going across the line.

I really, really dont think he deserved a single suspension so far in the playoffs and yet he's been suspended for 3(?) games and other people have been calling for 3-4 more suspensions.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad