The 2016 World Cup of Hockey Thread

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Sedins lost.

Hansen lost.

Marchand scores the winner.

As if this season wasn't going to be painful enough for us. Awful results already :(

This wasn't painful at all. Very satisfying! Canada with pure hockey domination. About the only enjoyment I've had in hockey since the 2014 Olympics.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Canada with pure and utter dominance at the Best on Best world level. 16-0 in the past 16 games. Bergeron and Marchand the heroes tonight! Boy did that Marchand look great this tournament, and he's a guy who shows up for the big games. Big game player who scored the golden goal tonight.

I love my country!

Raincouver

Mar 2, 2014
Canada with pure and utter dominance at the Best on Best world level. 16-0 in the past 16 games. Bergeron and Marchand the heroes tonight! Boy did that Marchand look great this tournament, and he's a guy who shows up for the big games. Big game player who scored the golden goal tonight.

I love my country!

Even if we lost the past 16 games I would still love my country.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
haven't enjoyed the World championships the last 2 years? they have been pretty fun.

Good point. Yes I've enjoyed those too, but there's something more satisfying about winning a tournament when it is best on best. Even though Canada (and the US) was handicapped this tournament from not being able to pick from their full pool of players, this was still a satisfying victory.

DFAC

Jan 19, 2008
Canada had no business winning this game but good teams find a way to win.

Team Europe really surprised me with how well they played tonight, esp their fwds

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Would take WCH over baseball or football any day of the week.

Hell, I'd watch that grainy, periscope, preseason feed of the Canucks/Sharks game over baseball or football.

That said, this isn't the Olympics - no matter how bad they tried to make it so. It was fun to have some hockey on the TV, and I'm glad Canada won, but I'm ready for the preseason and regular season to get well and truly underway.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Canada had no business winning this game but good teams find a way to win.

Team Europe really surprised me with how well they played tonight, esp their fwds

Absolutely. And it helps when you have big game players, and Canada is littered with them. Marchand, as much as I have despised him over the years, is someone who really does show up in the big games. 2 goals in the SCF game 7 against us, 2 goals against Russia in the WC SF, and the GWG tonight. That's how you win, with big game players like that.

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
Pickle Time Deli & Market
I'd watch a AHL game over that final.

The only games I watched were the NA games, as soon as they got knocked out I stopped caring.

Canada's dynasty is slowly becoming a dead meme

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad