Prospect Info: The 2014 Draft Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
I see a consistant pick with most of the mock drafts. NJ selects Lemieux. I have seen him play at least 30 times the past 2 seasons. it will be interesting if NJ does anyhting with him. skill wise he has skills, I have seen players go nuts trying to get at him. On the other side I have heard that the Barrie Colts had to have team meetings to get him straight and narrow more than once.

What other OHL players that are projected to go in the first few rounds have you seen in person and have feedback on?

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
I have recently completed a mock draft, and as a Leafs fan who frequents the Leafs board, I’d appreciate the input from fans of other rooting interests. Best of luck to you Devils fans over draft weekend! I hope some of you take the time to read and enjoy it. I have included blurbs about each draft prospect and selection. This is my best guess of actual picks (not including trades) and I’m curious as to how correct I am come draft day. I mostly follow the OHL as an avid fan of the Frontenacs but I have seen most of the first round prospects play atleast a game or two. Any feedback is appreciated and I am happy to answer any questions you may have. Thanks!

[thread]1695743[thread]
[thread=1695743]Click Me![/thread]

I could see the Devils drafting the players you mentioned, with the exception of the Swede defenseman, no way.

MoonDragn

Mar 28, 2007
Maryland
I can see teams saying "we won't draft this guy in the first round", but "do not draft"? I don't buy it. If a first rnd talent is there in the 2nd rnd, and the only real issue he has is ego? U draft him up.

If anything, it is about time we draft somebody with some passion. He sounds like he wants to work hard and win. Ego aside I think he'll fit right in. That ego can be tamed once he faces tough challenges. Especially on the Devils where scoring is a challenge.

He mentions that he'll follow the rules just to play hockey. Aside from that overinflated ego, I really don't see any other risks in drafting him. He could be a game changer for us.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
KaossKing;86928249[B said:
]I hope we dont draft solely on nostalgia[/B]. Claude did alot for us, doesnt mean we have to draft his son. Brodeur with a 7th rounder is one thing, but this is a first. if we take him there, wont bother me too much, but it will if we pass on one or more better prospects simply on nostalgia factor

Who would draft on Nostalgia? I don't think anyone would do that . Check out his highlights and read what people have to say about him.

He is good defensively, he can score, he can skate...And I've heard him say him would love to play for a team his father played for :)

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
An interview from the combine. scroll to about the 1:30 mark :)

Last edited:

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
this is what im talking about. passing on Goldobin, Pastrnak, Bleackley, Ho-Sang. not sure I like it. but ill take it. better than not having a pick I guess :/

Passing on Bleackley would be a real tough decision for me. No so much on the others.

Matter of fact, I would pass over a couple of those names with our first two picks.

GhostofKenKlee

Schmalz to the Rangers. How many Rangers Schmalz jersey would they sell?

I really think Learned the lesson of bypassing Stastny and lineage of players. Pepe's son please. Is Willie Nylander elgible this season or next?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad