THE 2010 DOUBLE-A DRAFT (sign-up, roster post, picks, discussion, etc)

Hedberg

MLD Glue Guy
Jan 9, 2005
BC, Canada
Is anyone listening?

Yes. Schock probably should get an OVR in the mid 80s, making him an elite 3rd liner, not an elite player in general. However, Breen should be an elite player, with a higher OVR than Gallinger.

With the modern players in the database, I think we should keep the ratios of individual attributes the same, but increase or decrease them equally to obtain the new OVR.

seventieslord

Student Of The Game
Mar 16, 2006
Regina, SK
Yes. Schock probably should get an OVR in the mid 80s, making him an elite 3rd liner, not an elite player in general. However, Breen should be an elite player, with a higher OVR than Gallinger.

this is all before even discussing what the overall ratings should be. I'm just saying let's use some common sense when putting together their overall skills packages.

You said you entered in VI's rankings. You didn't really make Marks a 15 in defense/offense, did you? Because he didn't really mean to call Marks a one-dimensional cherrypicker. He was misinterpreting what it meant.

Hedberg

MLD Glue Guy
Jan 9, 2005
BC, Canada
You said you entered in VI's rankings.

I haven't; only Yakushev and Knuble (which was only a slight increase from his in-game ratings) to see what overalls his ratings created.

I also did the two goalies, but the game is very, very weak in differentiating goalies.

Hedberg

MLD Glue Guy
Jan 9, 2005
BC, Canada
this is all before even discussing what the overall ratings should be. I'm just saying let's use some common sense when putting together their overall skills packages.

Yeah, but VanI wanted Schock to be around a 92, which meant his individual skills were all too high. I was agreeing that having some low skill levels are necessary to create a reasonable projection.

Hedberg

MLD Glue Guy
Jan 9, 2005
BC, Canada
Here's my suggestion:

1. Everyone submit a ranking of the teams 1-6
2. We have only the top two teams play in the final. We can either do this by sim or by voting (depends on what the GMs of the finals team would like).

Optional:
3. We have the sim All-Star series of the AA so everyone's picks are represented. Full write-ups provided.

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
3. We have the sim All-Star series of the AA so everyone's picks are represented. Full write-ups provided.
Two teams. 24 per all-star squad, 48 total. 6 teams. = 8 per team

Everyone could select their team's best 8 picks (obviously the 1st and 2nd team all-stars will be among them) and then two conference all-star squads could be formed.

FORWARDS: Viktor Yakushev, Brian Gionta, John Marks, Ron Schock, Mike Knuble
DEFENSEMEN: Marcus Ragnarsson, Don Sweeney, Sean Hill, Dmitri Mironov, Al MacNeil
GOALIES: Leif Holmqvist, Guy Hebert
COACHES: Bob Hartley, Dave Tippett
We have the starting goalies and coaches: Tippett (Whalers) vs. Hartley (Blue Jays); Holmqvist (Panthers) vs. Hebert (Shieks)

So,

TEAM TIPPETT
Whalers & Shieks & _______
vs.
TEAM HARTLEY
Blue Jays & Panthers & _______

GMs of the Ice Muskies AND Road Runners could decide which team to send their 8 top selections to.

Last edited:

VanIslander

Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
Johns Hopkins Blue Jays 8 selections for TEAM HARTLEY: Martin Rucinsky (lw), Viktor Yakushev (c) , Sergei Svetlov (RW), John Marks (LW), Billy Breen (C), Al MacNeil (D) , Dmitri Mironov (D), Ron Plumb (D).

Hedberg

MLD Glue Guy
Jan 9, 2005
BC, Canada
Picking 8 is a bit problematic as we need full teams.

I think I'd like to see Nilsson, Pettersson, Lundvall, Davidson, Flett, Berry, Dukowski and Hannan, which leaves the team needing another goalie.

Perhaps every starting goalie gets on the team? Ideally we could carry 26 players (World Cup Roster style), with each team having 15 forwards, 8 defencemen and 3 goalies?

Example of Middlebury (still need to pick)/Madison/John Hopkins:

G: Holmqvist, Roloson, Wakely
D: Flett, Dukowski, Hannan, MacNeil, Mironov, Plumb, Sweeney, Middlebury
F: Rucinsky, Yakushev, Svetlov, Marks, Breen, Nilsson, Pettersson, Lundvall, Davidson, Berry, Middlebury, Middlebury, Middlebury, Middlebury, Middlebury

Pettersson, MacNeil, and Sweeney with the letters

Last edited:

MadArcand

Whaletarded
Dec 19, 2006
Seat of the Empire
You should make it 27 per team, so everyone is equally represented (5 F + 3 D + G per team), or something.

In such case for my team, I'd choose: Wregget - Hill, McLaren, Norton - Carter, McEachern, Koivu, Cole, Hunter

VanIslander

Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
Edmonton Road Runners (5 F + 3 D + G): Brian Gionta, Mike Knuble, Mike Cammalleri, Marco Sturm, Shawn Horcoff, Marcus Ragnarsson, Mike Rathje, Bryan Marchment, Tommy Salo

seventieslord

Student Of The Game
Mar 16, 2006
Regina, SK
make that six rankings.

ok, here are my submissions for the summit roster.

I think I should send 6 + 2 instead of 5 +3. that way our summit roster has 16 & 8 instead of 15 & 9, which is probably defense overkill.

I'll focus mainly on bottom-six players as I grabbed all the best ones. ;)

Frood, LW
McKechnie, C
Schock, C
Grier, RW
Malone, C
Boutette, RW
McEwen, D
Hart, D
Hebert, G

VanIslander

Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
I'll focus mainly on bottom-six players as I grabbed all the best ones. ;)

Schock, C
Grier, RW
Malone, C
Boutette, RW
Oh cut the hyperbole. I have 1st team all-star third liners Marks and Breen. And I think unselected Migay and M. Hunter are better than all your bottom-six except Schock. And why did you pick Boutette over Fonteyne?

Guess we should leave this stuff to playoff match-up thread discussions.

Hedberg

MLD Glue Guy
Jan 9, 2005
BC, Canada
All-Star Rosters

TEAM TIPPETT (Whalers/Shieks/Road Runners)
G: Guy Hebert, Tommy Salo, Ken Wregget
D: Gerry Hart, Sean Hill, Bryan Marchment, Mike McEwen, Kyle McLaren, Jeff Norton, Marcus Ragnarsson, Mike Rathje
F: Wayne Babych, Pat Boutette, Mike Cammalleri, Jeff Carter, Erik Cole, Brian Gionta, Mike Grier, Shawn Horcoff, Dave Hunter, Mike Knuble, Mikko Koivu, Greg Malone, Shawn McEachren, Walt MacKechnie, Ron Schock, Marco Sturm

TEAM HARTLEY (Blue Jays/Panthers/Ice Muskies)
G: Leif Holmqvist, Dwayne Roloson, Ernie Wakely
D: Duke Dukowski, Rod Flett, Scott Hannan, Al MacNeil, Paul Martin, Dmitri Mironov, Joni Pitkanen, Ron Plumb, Don Sweeney
F: Brent Ashton, Bob Berry, Billy Breen, Shirley Davidson, Jim Fox, Ales Hemsky, Lars-Erik Lundvall, John Marks, Nils Nilsson, Ronald Pettersson, Vaclav Prospal, Darcy Rota, Martin Rucinsky, Sergei Svetlov, Viktor Yakushev

Last edited:

VanIslander

Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
seventieslord, you didn't pick 2nd all-star team Wayne Babych. Please honour the process and drop a forward from your selection list.

VanIslander

Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
All 1st team and 2nd team all-stars should not only be IN the all-star game, but they should be in the starting line-up!

Hedberg

MLD Glue Guy
Jan 9, 2005
BC, Canada
All 1st team and 2nd team all-stars should not only be IN the all-star game, but they should be in the starting line-up!

I think the All-Star Event with be a 7 game series. Everyone will play with the All-Stars being the only guys to be immune from being scratched (except for the goalies, they will start all but 2 games. Probably Holmqvist/Hebert gm 1, Roloson/Salo gm 2 Wakely/Wregget gm 3 then Holmqvist/Hebert gm 4 onwards).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad