The 2010 All-Time Draft (sign-up a team here)

DoMakc

Jun 28, 2006
we could mix things up and pick certain rounds and make all gms pick a player from a certain decade

I don't like any kind of restrictions. It's fun for me to build a team I like, it's not the same if I'd have to pick somebody just because he's the lesser evil from the certain era, and not a player I like. I think I wouldn't participate if you decide to play this way.

jarek

Aug 15, 2009
The format is fine as it is. Some people just need to take a break from it. There will always be others waiting in the wings to take the places of those that decide not to participate.

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
There will always be others waiting in the wings to take the places of those that decide not to participate.
exactly. when BM67 stopped the draft lost a great guy but yet others joined and the subsequent drafts were just as good as the previous ones, all in all. it's an ongoing process.

God Bless Canada

Jul 11, 2004
Bentley reunion
If this is it for me, I just want to say thanks to everyone who's been a part of it. It really has been a blast. Learned a lot. Made some good friends. Won't name names, but you know who you are. Especially want to thank raleh for the opportunity to work with him in five ATDs and two MLDs, and Murphy for the chance to do an MLD.

70s and BRG, give me a shout if you're ever passing through Estevan. We'll go grab beers.

Reds4Life

Dec 24, 2007
I can not join this ATD, I am not gonna have much time and I would only cause delays. I will join the next ATD, if possible :)

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006
I enjoyed the ATD last time I participated, but there are times where it feels like a bit of a chore. I'll keep an eye on it and participate in some discussions, but I can't commit to managing a team. If a participating GM vanishes for a few days or something like that, I'm willing to fill in and make a selection or two assuming I'm available.

seventieslord

Student Of The Game
Mar 16, 2006
Regina, SK
This might be my last one, too.

As you all know, I am an expectant father. Life's gonna change. And I'm going to have a lot less free time come July 1st. The only way I'll know for sure just how much less free time I'll have, is to let life happen.

My guess is, yes, I'll still have time. My spare time (not sleeping, busy at work, being with family, playing hockey) won't go down to zero, it will just decrease. And the ATD is still how I love to spend whatever spare time I have.

In the state of mind I'm in now, I hope I'll have the time to participate in further drafts. But by this time next year, that state of mind may change. Whether it does or doesn't, I wouldn't have it any other way than the way it goes.

VanIslander

Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
Since this may be the last draft for several of us, here's a whythehellnot proposal:

A GM can choose to manage TWO teams (that would get us to 32 teams!) but if so...

i) antitrust trade restrictions: no trading between the two teams, no trading by both of the teams with a GM (e.g., if GM Jones manages team A and B then if team A trades with GM Smith then team B can't trade with GM Smith) and no pick from the one team to end up through multiple trades on the other team.

ii) both would not be in the same conference

VanIslander

Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
we have 20 teams. we could go with that.

i have PM'd over 50 past GMs and over 30 History board frequent posters.

the well is going dry.

perhaps you guys can invite a friend, do some recruitment yourself

Hedberg

MLD Glue Guy
Jan 9, 2005
BC, Canada
The ATD seems to be dying (we'll get enough this time, but the amount of GMs who have either quit or will quit after this draft is depressing) :(

VanIslander

Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
previously when GMs have quit they haven't announced it on the board :( (let alone projecting their intentions to quit) it's a real downer

makes one think, why bother?

markrander87

Jan 22, 2010
a 15 post newbie,... welcome!

Haha I Knew that was coming...well I guess you have to start somewheres, and im just finishing up university/Starting the 9-5 thing so HF provides plenty of entertainment for my hours at the office.

VanIslander

Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
...I'd prefer two teams than 24. 24 teams really limits creativity.
so two votes for, one against (re: idea of allowing GMs to choose to manage two teams)

it's a way to get to 32 teams plus adds extra excitement without changing the dynamics of the draft, plus is optional, surely many GMs won't choose to do it, some will

Last edited:

papershoes

Dec 28, 2007
Kenora, Ontario
so two votes for, one against (re: idea of allowing GMs to choose to manage two teams)

it's a way to get to 32 teams plus adds extra excitement without changing the dynamics of the draft, plus is optional, surely many GMs won't choose to do it, some will

if we do go with two teams / gm -- i'd like to also manage the st.catharines teepees

TheDevilMadeMe

Aug 28, 2006
Brooklyn
I'd prefer 24 teams to GMs doing 2 teams each.

Let's wait a bit and see if anyone VI PMed gets here before making a decision.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad