The 2010 All-Time Draft (sign-up a team here)

vancityluongo

curse of the strombino
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2006
Edmonton
I'm out too. Hate to do it, but I have too many other priorities, and you guys and the draft don't deserve to have people half-assing it/missing clocks. However, if any of you guys need an assistant GM, send me a PM, I'd love to help out whenever I can. Just remember, I likely won't be around to make any picks, so I'm not volunteering to be a co-GM.

pappyline

Jul 3, 2005
Mass/formerly Ont
I am out also. Felt a bit jaded with the last couple of drafts and feel I need to focus on some more important things. Best of luck to all the participants.

God Bless Canada

Jul 11, 2004
Bentley reunion
I'll likely end up regretting this, but...

I think it was about a year ago, Seventieslord said he wondered what a "raleh only" team would look like...this will be my last one, I think.

And if GBC decides he wants to join the draft at any point, I'll move over and share the team with him.

But I'll take my team name from my first ever draft, the Springfield Indians.
Glad to see you're sticking with it, brother. Don't expect a GBC comeback, though. That's not to say I won't feel the itch in Round 4 and start clamouring to come back. But right now, I think I'm done. (I don't want to be known as the Brett Favre of the ATD).

The fact that pappy is dropping out kind of confirms that I'm doing the right thing. pappy, raleh, reckoning and I came into this thing together in ATD 5. reck dropped out a few drafts ago. Now raleh's the only one left from that group who all came in at the same time.

seventieslord

Student Of The Game
Mar 16, 2006
Regina, SK
Wow, what's going on? We're supposed to be just rarin' to go by now. Spreading these out was supposed to increase excitement and anticipation... seems it's just decreasing.

raleh

Oct 17, 2005
Dartmouth, NS
Wow, what's going on? We're supposed to be just rarin' to go by now. Spreading these out was supposed to increase excitement and anticipation... seems it's just decreasing.

I think the big issue is that this is the 14th installment of this thing and it's basically the same thing over and over again. Something needs to happen to breath new life into this.

Hedberg

MLD Glue Guy
Jan 9, 2005
BC, Canada
I think the big issue is that this is the 14th installment of this thing and it's basically the same thing over and over again. Something needs to happen to breath new life into this.

I know what you mean. I probably prefer the AA draft to the ATD because there's new players to "discover". We've almost exhausted the potential of new ATD players by now.

jarek

Aug 15, 2009
So why not try something bold? Like try to acquire a 2nd 1st round pick without giving up your own 1st round pick for a massive jump in other rounds. See what you can do with that. Imagine starting a team with Morenz and Clarke, for example.

Jungosi

Jan 14, 2007
Rendsburg / Germany
So why not try something bold? Like try to acquire a 2nd 1st round pick without giving up your own 1st round pick for a massive jump in other rounds. See what you can do with that. Imagine starting a team with Morenz and Clarke, for example.

Happened before. VanI had a team with Bourque and Beliveau. Hell Nalyd had both LEMIEUX and HOWE. Mario and Gordie of course ;) Claude and Mark would be too easy.

Leafs Forever

Jul 14, 2009

Pretty tough to do change things though.

Just going to think out loud here, these aren't very serious or anything..

More teams? Leafscentral vs HF ATD theme? Multiple drafts at once? (Each division/conference/whatever get's it's own, seperate, smaller draft, teams face offl ike that.)

Just brainstorming- I know there are problems with each.

jarek

Aug 15, 2009
Happened before. VanI had a team with Bourque and Beliveau. Hell Nalyd had both LEMIEUX and HOWE. Mario and Gordie of course ;) Claude and Mark would be too easy.

Mario Lemieux and Gordie Howe on the same team? Good God.

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
Mario Lemieux and Gordie Howe on the same team? Good God.
Lemieux, Gretzky, Bourque and company just barely beat the non-NHL Soviets.

Having a few great players doesn't the greatest team make. I indeed started with Beliveau, Bourque and Bower and was bounced early in the playoffs.

vancityluongo

curse of the strombino
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2006
Edmonton
I'll be working with AugerLovesBurrows (aka Hedberg) for this draft as assistant GM (or whatever else I'm assigned to) of the Tidewater Sharks. ATD 12 finalist, ATD 13 champions? Oh yeah.

jarek

Aug 15, 2009
Lemieux, Gretzky, Bourque and company just barely beat the non-NHL Soviets.

Having a few great players doesn't the greatest team make. I indeed started with Beliveau, Bourque and Bower and was bounced early in the playoffs.

The beginnings of a great core, but it all depends how you draft throughout.

Stoneberg

Bored
Nov 10, 2005
Halifax
I **** the bed last time when the playoffs came around as work and my courses picked up and I just couldn't find the time (I was bound to get spanked anyway). This one is going to run right through tax season (I'm an accountant), and Module 3 of my CA courses so I will be extremely busy.

Of course I am definitely interested, but am not sure that when things get hectic I will be around frequently enough. Then again, if I can budget my time better than I have in the past it wouldn't be a problem.

I'll tentatively commit as the Mooseheads again though, but I think it might be best if I found a co-gm.

chaosrevolver

Snubbed Again
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2006
Ontario
I'm back as the Montreal Shamrocks

shamrocks.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad