Blue Jays Discussion: That's it: Jays win, but don't get help from TB/WSH & are eliminated from playoff contention

Status
Not open for further replies.

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
Not according to Bennett, apparently people hated him because of the colour of his skin too
I had problems with Cito but colour was never one of them. I can’t stand montoyo because he’s a trash manager. I thought he was a good hire coming from a good system. That hasn’t changed because I suddenly figured out he isn’t white. Like if I hate montoyo for being Hispanic I’d also have to have some pretty important players that I like very much. It’s such a weak argument that’s just used because of what’s happening in the world now. Like there couldn’t be a possibility that fans just don’t think he’s good at his job. That’s the tall tale apparently.

Maestro84

May 3, 2018
Toronto
I know Yankee fans are Yankee fans but why did they hate Giancarlo so much the dude is an absolute beast when healthy

Maestro84

May 3, 2018
Toronto
I'm rooting for the Red Sox here. I'm old enough to remember when they were the cursed perennial chokers who only knew heartbreak and devastation but I've never seen the Yankees be bad ever

Reactions: as Pure as Evil

phillipmike

Oct 27, 2009
Hmm are any of our catchers worth much? Florida is looking for a catcher.

I doubt Kirk or Jansen go anywhere expescially the way Jansen finished the season. Jays would jump at an opportunity to trade McGuire for something of substance.

Wonder if Miami would trade Lewin Diaz (lefty 1B) or Brian Anderson (3B with back to back bad seasons) or Magneuris Sierra (defence first CF with a lefty bat to replace Grichuk). Other than that, maybe a prospects.

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
Not sure who I wanted to lose more but I can't complain about a Yankee elimination :yo:
(I do like Cole though, shame he didn't last longer)

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
He’s a great pitcher that I want no part of having on our team. I just can’t stand the pettiness from an incredibly wealthy person. Like give it up man you made it

Yeah I really liked him in Toronto but he's been somewhat irritating since leaving

I am probably the most pro-Stroman guy here even I can't defend that one.

Still would bring him back though if the money was right (which it won't be).

^ agreed

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
It sounds like Semien is more inclined to return than Ray is, and if I had to pick one I think I'd go with Semien - he seems more likely to repeat the great season he had.

Reactions: Puckstuff

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
It sounds like Semien is more inclined to return than Ray is, and if I had to pick one I think I'd go with Semien - he seems more likely to repeat the great season he had.

Ray looking for that big payday for a pitcher.
I get it but I’ll take back Semien.
Just have to replace Ray’s arm in free agency.

Reactions: jetsforever

TopChedder

Oct 2, 2013
Red Sox win a WS every 3-5 years. This might be the year they go on a run.

I honestly don't know how they keep doing it. I am not saying that haven't had great teams before, but lately they have had holes, but still always find a damn way.

TopChedder

Oct 2, 2013
I know Yankee fans are Yankee fans but why did they hate Giancarlo so much the dude is an absolute beast when healthy

Key words are

"When healthy"

"MASSSSSSIVE CONTRACT"

Dude is one dimensional AF and thank god the Jankees are paying him lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad