Post-Game Talk: Thats all she wrote.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
You can blame whoever you want but having 7 shots on net in the last 30 minutes is abysmal.

Then mix in that Andersen let in 2 awful goals, 1 very questionable...

And then mix in that your best forward was a complete ghost for pretty much the entire series.

Ouch. Very ouch.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Oh god. I thought this would be bad but this is beyond bad in here. See you “fans” next season

GodEmperor

Oct 12, 2017
Andersen giveth and Andersen taketh.

Guy is total garbage, I guess we have to insulate him so he can have 1-2 big games a series and then take the rest of it off like he did in game 1-2-4 and 7.

Inb4 it's the D's fault that he lets in floaters from the blueline or it's the D's fault a guy on a rush gets a 5 hole goal.

Babcock cost us early with his awful lines, Andersen reciprocated by putting up awful performances and Nylander and Matthews were completely MIA.

I'll give Matthews a bit of credit as he actually could've had 3-4 more points relatively easily, not so sure about Nylander who was useless this series, is older than Matthews and was raised around Hockey so he knows what playoff Hockey is all about.

Reactions: Keanu Reeves

Morlu

Nov 4, 2011
Nylander needs to go for a defenseman. There’s no way we can fix that core internally. Andersen is either a wall or a sieve. Can’t win with that kind of goaltending.

GoonieFace

Jun 24, 2013
The Matrix
It will be fun to read all the insane overreactions on here

Facts

Andersen sucked
Gardiner sucked
Matthews sucked

Other than that, they will be back next year, we’ll most of them anyway, so relax people

Reactions: SprDaVE

Raym11

Oct 6, 2009
If Matthews wasn't playing most the year and playoffs with a life threatening injury, this is the most disappointed i'll be in a long, long time.

My favourite player. Completely lifeless. 1-2 shifts a game he attempted something, outside of that he was the furthest from a #1 overall pick franchise player you'll ever see in a playoff series.

Looks like he had no passion for the game the way he played against the Bruins.

So besides that, Gardiner and Andersen lost us the game, but Nylander and Matthews never actually showed up. Bozak outscored both combined.

I'm so happy i never have to watch JVR stand around in a Leafs jersey, but right now i'm concerned about what the f*** happened to 2 of our best players.

Leafblooded

Jul 27, 2012
T.
Good effort by team. Game tying goal and game winner were weak. You expect to win scoring 4 goals

LeafsFan89

Jan 2, 2011
Feels bad. Another game 7 comeback for Boston. We need to address defense this offseason.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad