Post-Game Talk: That was an NHL game. Cats 2-0 over the Sens

Status
Not open for further replies.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
The Panthers have been in a free fall since losing to the Flyers on a buzzer beater March 7th. They're 5-7-2 since that loss and off the top of my head in 2 of those wins, the Flames game was way closer than the score but Stolarz was great and Bob was ridiculous vs Dallas, a game where they should have given up 8+ goals. The past 2 games have shown some signs of life as Florida destroyed Ottawa and lost a coin flip game in OT vs Boston all while missing their 3rd best forward and 2nd best dman. With a matchup vs Toronto essentially locked up, we'll see who plays and who sits these last 4 games as Florida tries to continue to regain the form that had them as the Cup favorite for the first 75% of the season.

sinDer

Nov 22, 2006
Drummondville, QC
We’re not beating Toronto.

We played damn good last playoffs and our run was well deserved. But let’s be honest, it was also a mix of luck and everything was aligned with the stars (sorry, We just witnessed a total eclipse today here in Montreal lol).

Bob will not be as good as he was. Same with Tkachuk.

Our 3rd line is going to be a problem.

I’m not that worried about our last 10-15 games. They’ll be fine once PO start imo. They’ll be good, but not good enough.

Toronto in 6.

Felidae

Sep 30, 2016

We played damn good last playoffs and our run was well deserved. But let’s be honest, it was also a mix of luck and everything was aligned with the stars (sorry, We just witnessed a total eclipse today here in Montreal lol).

I’m not that worried about our last 10-15 games. They’ll be fine once PO start imo. They’ll be good, but not good enough.

Toronto in 6.
Obviously i don't expect Bobrovsky to top what he did last postseason. But he's been legitimately great for almost the entirety of this season. He's currently 10th in sv% and 17th in goals saved above expected per 60.

Not to mention we have Stolarz who actually leads the league in sv%, and goals saved above expected per 60. He's arguably the best backup goalie in the league right now, and the best backup we've had in a long time.

I'm not even saying they will continue that level of play going into the playoffs. Maple leafs are one of the best offensive teams in the league after all and I wouldnt be surprised if they make our goaltending look bad. But its lower on my list of concerns, especially with our improved defensive squad.

I'm more worried about our offense tbh. Tkachuk and Montour have been nowhere near as good as last year, and they were integral parts of our offense. Reinhart can only keep up his insane shooting % for so long, and Barkov has yet to prove he can lead a team offensively in the playoffs.

Last edited:

Idiot Stick

Youre back on the case Bobrovsky!
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2023
You Got, Florida
1712664654252.jpeg

brady tkachuk hatty confirmed

• Haha
Reactions: BabyBennettov

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica

Toronto in 6.
You should be ashamed.

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida

Toronto in 6.
Toronto may very well beat us but this defeatist attitude before even playing a game is wild. Tkachuk wasn’t even healthy half the season. If he was, he’d probably have more points than last year lol.

This line is for sure a problem and an X factor on why we wouldn’t beat Toronto.
Florida is better than last year and Toronto is not as good defensively as last year. Plus the have shitty Samsonov in net. The guy is cheeks.

Idiot Stick

Sponsor
Oct 22, 2023
You Got, Florida
Toronto may very well beat us but this defeatist attitude before even playing a game is wild. Tkachuk wasn’t even healthy half the season. If he was, he’d probably have more points than last year lol.

This line is for sure a problem and an X factor on why we wouldn’t beat Toronto.
Florida is better than last year and Toronto is not as good defensively as last year. Plus the have shitty Samsonov in net. The guy is cheeks.
to his credit hes been good since they waived him
18-3-1 since then, .915sv% 2.43GAA
Not elite but more than good enough to stop us especially if we hit one of our common dry spells or if we get into a shootout type game.
Also vs us in both series we faced him he wasnt terrible by any stretch.

But hopefully it doesnt come to that with Bob and our much better defense (minus kulikov kulifarting)

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
to his credit hes been good since they waived him
18-3-1 since then, .915sv% 2.43GAA
Not elite but more than good enough to stop us especially if we hit one of our common dry spells or if we get into a shootout type game.

But hopefully it doesnt come to that with Bob and our much better defense (minus kulikov kulifarting)
That game we played, if we didnt hit the post or have pucks bounce off him onto the goal line we would’ve put up 8. Also last night in Pittsburgh again he had those weird awkward saves where the puck stops at the goal line and he gets lucky to make a save. Hes been lucky. Samsonov was awful last playoffs and has been in most playoffs. If Toronto beats us, it won’t be because of Samsonov, it’ll be because they played better as a team.

Reactions: Mellanby27

Idiot Stick

Sponsor
Oct 22, 2023
You Got, Florida
That game we played, if we didnt hit the post or have pucks bounce off him onto the goal line we would’ve put up 8. Also last night in Pittsburgh again he had those weird awkward saves where the puck stops at the goal line and he gets lucky to make a save. Hes been lucky. Samsonov was awful last playoffs and has been in most playoffs. If Toronto beats us, it won’t be because of Samsonov, it’ll be because they played better as a team.
a post is a save no matter what, weve gotten a few that have gone our way.
In fact a lot of luck goes into winning.

Im def taking Bob over him any time of the day and us in the series, but they can win with him and not in spite of him unlike earlier in the season. Im not confident in our scoring depth/offense that we could make him really unravel.

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
a post is a save no matter what, weve gotten a few that have gone our way.
In fact a lot of luck goes into winning.

Im def taking Bob over him any time of the day and us in the series, but they can win with him and not in spite of him unlike earlier in the season. Im not confident in our scoring depth/offense that we could make him really unravel.
It’s not about making him unravel. Samsonov just isn’t good. He’s a bad goalie on a good team. If we don’t light him up then that’s something we have to address in the offseason (third line being useless).

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
The key to beating toronno is the same as last year and every time. Stop AM, WN and MM and the rest are impotent. JT can’t slay Panthers anymore.

Idiot Stick

Sponsor
Oct 22, 2023
You Got, Florida
It’s not about making him unravel. Samsonov just isn’t good. He’s a bad goalie on a good team. If we don’t light him up then that’s something we have to address in the offseason (third line being useless).
Hes just average, not bad like fourgiev on the Avs. Doesnt help his defense is also, well, leafs quality.

I just remember everyone saying the same before the caps playoff game, not like we blew him out even though our team was all offense, granted we were like the leafs back then but still.

Really want to see how this team does playing their game with their full lineup, got flashes vs the Sens but its also the sens. I think the Tank trade will really pay off if Reino can get that 3rd line going.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
The key to beating Toronto is just playing like they played most of the year. There's nothing to panic about, either they play like we know they can and it should be short work, or they play like they have recently and it'll be short work for Toronto lol.

Obviously Okposo has nothing to do with this stretch of play but I hate adding these career losers, I said it in the trade thread and I still mean it.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
The key to beating Toronto is just playing like they played most of the year. There's nothing to panic about, either they play like we know they can and it should be short work, or they play like they have recently and it'll be short work for Toronto lol.

Obviously Okposo has nothing to do with this stretch of play but I hate adding these career losers, I said it in the trade thread and I still mean it.

OEL - 25 playoff games
Okposo - 24 playoff games
Rodrigues - 16 Playoff Games

We've had a career loser this whole season though.

We are so doomed

Idiot Stick

Sponsor
Oct 22, 2023
You Got, Florida
OEL - 25 playoff games
Okposo - 24 playoff games
Rodrigues - 16 Playoff Games

We've had a career loser this whole season though.

We are so doomed
I mean, thats mostly cause the teams they were on sucked, OEL w/ the coyotes, Okposo and Erod with the Sabres most of their careers. Not saying theyre amazing players, but playoffs comes to team success. OEL has looked much better here than he did with vancouver (that OT game aside), Erod cant finish worth a damn but is solid otherwise. I havent seen much on Okposo to really say anything, hopefully at worst just another vet presence.

Barkov only had 26 before last years deep run

Great8Cam

Nov 2, 2008
Playoff seats are on sale. Starting at $120 ish with fees. Not bad but gone are the days of $25 playoff tickets
They only allowed season seat people have 2 seats a piece up in the 300 level. At first they allowed for 6 tickets max per account.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
I mean, thats mostly cause the teams they were on sucked, OEL w/ the coyotes, Okposo and Erod with the Sabres most of their careers. Not saying theyre amazing players, but playoffs comes to team success. OEL has looked much better here than he did with vancouver (that OT game aside), Erod cant finish worth a damn but is solid otherwise. I havent seen much on Okposo to really say anything, hopefully at worst just another vet presence.

Barkov only had 26 before last years deep run

Which is precisely what it means to be career losers lol.

Okposo's successful years came in New York. In fact, Okposo has more games played in New York than Buffalo :laugh:

ERod's were in Pittsburgh and Colorado

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad