Thank You, Flames!!! 2014-15 Season Appreciation Thread

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
^Yup, that's what I was going for. :)

Seriously, though, just think about what this season will do for our mentality next year. We'll be going into games knowing we were in the top 8 in the league this year, and we'll be expecting to win rather than trying to avoid losing.

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
I just want to say your team had a heck of a year and are definitely a team on the rise with a bright future.

roccerfeller

jets bromantic
Sep 27, 2009
British Columbia
Congrats on the run Flames and Flames fans!

Gotta respect what this team accomplished this season - I followed them in the playoffs (hard not to when you live in Calgary) and really enjoyed watching the team.

evdog

Oct 15, 2014
San diego
Amazing to think that in training camp, we were wondering if Johnny Gaudreau should be played in the NHL at all this season. We were wondering who Josh Jooris was. We were wondering what we could get for Dennis Wideman. We were wondering if we should trade one of our goalies at the deadline once we were out of it. Unbelievable. After so many years of being that "one team had to lose" team, we were the "one team had to win" team, and it was ****ing awesome.
And how long has it been since you heard him referred to as "that Gaudreau kid"....!?!!

I can't remember the last season I was this stoked on the Flames. And not just for the start of the season, but when the stoke level carried on through the whole year. It seems like a long time since the Flames have had home-grown prospects make much of an impact. So many players stepped up to make the team and contribute the past couple seasons. And it just continued to the end with Ferland and Bennett stepping up in the playoffs. Can't wait to see who makes the team next year!

Doesn't need to be said but I was loving the work ethic and determination of this team. And almost more important, the team got its killer instinct back. Every game was fun to watch because even when down a couple goals there was always a chance of a comeback. Aside from a few teams that always kill us the Flames seldom seemed out of a game. There have been a lot of seasons lately where even a two+ goal lead seemed precarious, nevermind coming back once they were down.

Hard to say if they will be able to replicate this year's success. But with a bunch of young guys pushing to make the team, no doubt I'll be setting aside game nights to watch for sure.

pezcore

Jan 13, 2012
St-Hubert, Qc
Flames were such a fun and exciting team to watch this year, I was rooting for them the whole way. The young core will only get better. My only concern is between the pipes but the future looks bright in Calgary, Aside from 2 games a year and a possible rematch from '89 you got this guy's support

Mr Lebowski

Go Flames
Feb 18, 2014
Toronto
Flames were such a fun and exciting team to watch this year, I was rooting for them the whole way. The young core will only get better. My only concern is between the pipes but the future looks bright in Calgary, Aside from 2 games a year and a possible rematch from '89 you got this guy's support

thanks, I'm pulling for the Habs. Always nice to see Canadian teams do well, except the Oilers and the Leafs :laugh:

FlamesFan18

Frank the Tank
Feb 26, 2010
Calgary
group-hug-o.gif

It was fun and I cant wait to post on the GDT's next season with all of you.

I had a hard time feeling sad about losing to the Ducks because the better team won and I was more than happy to be where we were. Going to be an exciting core to watch for my 20's. Feels like its been forever since I have seen the Flames play, I miss it already.

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
Oi, what a season. What an amazing season.. Really pumped to argue about how we're still not "for real" all offseason :sarcasm:, keep proving them wrong Flames ;)

danmcd15

Jul 11, 2014
This year was absolutely tremendous. So many good stories and positive things happening. But I gotta say, there is nothing I am more excited about than the play of Kris Russell. That guy is just everything a team needs on the back end. Definitely my favourite story of the season, even over the play of our amazing kids.

Laista

Apr 21, 2012
Gävle
I watched the Calgary games now when i got the time and Johnny Gaudreau is really
made for playoff hockey as well. Thats some quick dude! And great balance!
If Flames got him some real linemates he is going to take this team to at a Cup Final soon.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I watched the Calgary games now when i got the time and Johnny Gaudreau is really
made for playoff hockey as well. Thats some quick dude! And great balance!
If Flames got him some real linemates he is going to take this team to at a Cup Final soon.
Real linemates? Good god what do you want two hall of famers? Monahan is a 20 year old 30 goal scorer and Hudler finished top 10 in league scoring.

Oregon Duck

May 14, 2015
Long time listener, first time caller.

Have to send some love and respect to the 2014-15 version of the Calgary Flames. They embodied everything that is right about pro sports in general and the NHL specifically. No prima donnas pouting about their contracts, no whiners *****ing about their ice time, no millionaires coasting on past glories and no track-suit wearing puck-punks Tweeting pics of their payday. Just a group of dedicated, hard-working professionals with few expectations who came together as a true team and laid life and limb on the line night after night. They bought into a brilliant coach’s system, overcame seemingly insurmountable obstacles, defied the odds set by couch-coaches and “experts’ and made it to the final seven standing as a result. What is not to love about that? So thank you for a season that will not be forgotten and thank you for reminding me of everything that is right and good about pro sports in general and the NHL specifically. Bring on 2015-16!

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
Real linemates? Good god what do you want two hall of famers? Monahan is a 20 year old 30 goal scorer and Hudler finished top 10 in league scoring.

But are they real?

Or is Johnny Hockey so good, he conjured them up out of thin air. The real Huds and Money are tied and gagged in a unnecessarily deep wooden chest in Johnny's room.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad