Thank You, Flames!!! 2014-15 Season Appreciation Thread

StreakingRed

Jan 4, 2007
Calgary, Alberta
As disappointing as it is to lose, tip of the hat to the Flames. In year 2 of a rebuild, who would have thought we'd be playing meaningful hockey in May? Hell of a season and one that will go a long way in the development of this young team. Couldn't be prouder to be a Flames fan!

JurassicTunga

it is what it is
Mar 21, 2010
What a fun year. We still have a ton of cap space, and a quite a few picks in the top end of this draft. Should be a fun off season too.

Real proud of the team.
Go Flames Go!

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Still very angry, will have something nice to say tomorrow after I calm down.

Banner

Jan 12, 2012
What a season. Even if we had not made the playoffs I would've been happy, and eliminating those rotten canucks was already all I could ask for. Thank you flames, the future looks bright!

Mr Lebowski

Go Flames
Feb 18, 2014
Toronto
It hasn't sunk in that I won't see another Flames game until October but I've had a really bad year dealing with medical issues. The Flames kept me going and it reminded me how rewarding it is to follow a team through 82 games and then the playoffs. This was a special team and we'll be back next year, stronger

Kanye

Life of Pablo
Feb 25, 2012
Chicago
Hell of a run. Loved every bit of this season, except the 8 game skid.

One of the most exciting seasons since 04, and watching our rookies/sophmores play lights out is very exciting to see. A lot to look forward to.

GFG

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
Nice season by an entertaining and upcoming team. So glad to see your team succeeding in something the Oilers have been trying for years to do. Loved Iginla and Kipper as a younger fan and hope a lot of succes for your team. Bright future ahead.

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
I have nothing to be angry about. Boys put on a hell of a show this season. Didn't expect to make the playoffs. Didn't expect to beat the Canucks. Didn't expect to WIN A GAME against the Ducks.

Can't wait until October!!!

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
Awsome season. Loved it.

Again, I want to know who all was playing with injuries through this playoffs.

flamesforcup*

my funnest year as a flames fan. Thanks for everything. Cant wait for the draft love how we beat the canucks and still get to pick ahead of them :laugh:

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Best regular season I've watched of the Flames

My Top 10 moments:

1. Hudler scoring the empty netter against LA in the second last game of the season
2. Stajan's GWG against the Nucks in Game 6
3. Gaudreau's hattrick against LA to completely turn around our season
4. Kris Russell's GTG goal in Ottawa to make it 4-4
5. Gaudreau's GTG goal + Backlund's OT goal in Game 3
6. Kris Russell's goal with 29 secs left to give us our first playoff win since 2009
7. TJ Brodie's OT goal against Boston
8. David Schlemko's SO goal
9. Joni Ortio's purple patch where he was a world beater for 4 out of 5 games
10. Ramo's amazing save against NYR

Bonus: Being sustainable for 82 games :)

Mr Lebowski

Go Flames
Feb 18, 2014
Toronto
the Oilers board is pretty funny, you should check it out. I hope we see pretty much the same group of players next year, and I look forward to being unsustainable for two years

Mr Lebowski

Go Flames
Feb 18, 2014
Toronto
Best regular season I've watched of the Flames

My Top 10 moments:

1. Hudler scoring the empty netter against LA in the second last game of the season
2. Stajan's GWG against the Nucks in Game 6
3. Gaudreau's hattrick against LA to completely turn around our season
4. Kris Russell's GTG goal in Ottawa to make it 4-4
5. Gaudreau's GTG goal + Backlund's OT goal in Game 3
6. Kris Russell's goal with 29 secs left to give us our first playoff win since 2009
7. TJ Brodie's OT goal against Boston
8. David Schlemko's SO goal
9. Joni Ortio's purple patch where he was a world beater for 4 out of 5 games
10. Ramo's amazing save against NYR

Bonus: Being sustainable for 82 games :)

my top 8 is exactly the same.

Gritty

Nov 28, 2011
What a season!

I'm still upset and heartbroken after tonights loss, but what a season to reflect on! This coaching staff has instilled work ethic, commitment, and a never quit attitude! There are lots of holes, but we have lots of time, cap space, and an attractive team for upcoming FA's.

Thank-you, Calgary Flames for a great season!

Gritty

Nov 28, 2011
Who, the Oilers? They’ve had all the luck in the world in the last 6 years, so a), it’s a tad trite for them to be calling us lucky, and b) I hate them with a fuelled passion, so, uh, no, not feeling sorry.

No kidding!

:handclap:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad