Thank You, Flames!!! 2014-15 Season Appreciation Thread

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Guys, we're now at that point when watching these videos gives you a rush once again:

[nhl]811775[/nhl]

[nhl]808768[/nhl]

[nhl]815967[/nhl]

Sean Monahan

JIMMIES ARE RUSTLED
Nov 25, 2011
Murrica

another gem done by A.C. and yes once you start the video you will realize 30 minutes go by fast

Monahan is so ******* good in front of the net

Wayne Primeau

Stay Gold
Apr 22, 2014
Ottawa
[NHL]808813[/NHL]

Fun story:

I was in the BP on 17th watching this game and feeling rather depressed before Jones scored. Being my favourite player, I was wearing his jersey. I immediately got up, and started jumping around. Being a teen, I wasn’t, ahem, inebriated like many of my peers there, so I wasn’t totally ready to get up on the table that they were beckoning me to get up on but I did and for the rest of the night I was known as the ‘Jones Guy’. Needless to say, I probably got the most high-fives of anyone later that night when Boston Pizza erupted at Russell’s goal.

So, I’m totally not claiming responsibility for that win, but… :nod:

Last edited:

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
^**** yeah, Jones! I remember having a similar cloud hanging over me until that goal, Scorps. I was like "so I guess this is what the playoffs are like :("

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
I can't wait until hockey starts again.

+1.

Watching some highlights of the season, looking at our roster... this year is going to be an exciting one, for sure. Hard to not be pumped for this team, kids are another year older, more competition for roster spots coming up and... umm, adding two MAJOR pieces in the summer.

Too excited for this one to get going. I keep looking at the Penticton tournament and thinking about going just to get my taste... but I doubt I'll make it after buying a new home and getting possession early in September :laugh:

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
I've spent so many hours watching our playoff highlights ever since our run ended. Too many times I've found myself still awake at 3am watching Captain Canada's Game 6 video on YouTube (although unfortunately he had to take it down now due to copyright issues :()

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Only thing that puts a bit of a damper into my excitement for next season is the stark realization that basically every other team in the West is as good this season, with the exception of Arizona. It's going to be awesome, but we can't ignore the possibility that it may be frustrating at the same time.

Espeon

Apr 4, 2015
Is it just me or does this feel like the longest off season ever? Which is especially funny considering we played a month longer than we have in years

Espeon

Apr 4, 2015
That's still too long for me :laugh:. I think I'm just super excited cause we will see a full year of bennett, a (hopefully) uninjured gio, and the hamilton and frolik additions and what they bring to the team

Wish You Were Here

Mar 14, 2015
Calgary, Alberta
The last 1-1/2 seasons have been the most enjoyable for me to watch since the last SCF run.

Above average conditioning, hard work, never say die attitude, and strong team-play stand out for me.
I cannot remember another Flames roster that had so many forwards coming back to support the defense.

Win or lose, this team is extremely entertaining to watch.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad