Toronto FC: TFC 2017 MLS CHAMPIONS!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
Almost had a heart attack in the final minutes!

Altidore is already a TFC legend. He's been clutch for us in the playoffs since he's been here.

And now, a chance for redemption...

al secord

Mustard Tiger
Jun 26, 2013
Toronto
I don't like our chances if we continue to play the way we have the passed 3 games. Too many turnovers in bad spots. We need to protect the ball better in our own end and in the neutral zone.

Hope Jozy's good to go. Even as a super sub if need-be.

Clark4Ever

Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
I don't like our chances if we continue to play the way we have the passed 3 games. Too many turnovers in bad spots. We need to protect the ball better in our own end and in the neutral zone.

Hope Jozy's good to go. Even as a super sub if need-be.

I think it was sloppy at times at both ends of the pitch. The league has to figure out a way to avoid these extended breaks during the playoffs as that is the primary cause.

Reactions: al secord

Clark4Ever

Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
That's kind of the nature (and I suppose, appeal) of the MLS though, isn't it?

In general, yes.

However, in terms of possession and fluidity, TFC has been in a class above most of the teams in MLS during the regular season. I don't think they have looked as organized in the playoffs because of all these extended breaks.

LeafsTFC

Mar 3, 2011
The Annex
So awesome to see Jozy score last night :) the tears of these dumb US soccer fans are so tasty. Booing Bradley and Altidore as if their performance was the exclusive reason the US didn't qualify. Somehow I'm not surprised that guys like Dempsey aren't getting booed :P

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
The biggest joke of all is that we as a country don't already have a sanctioned league to call our own.

Well, let's not drag this down the road of Club system and OPDL and Academies and all of that.

There's a reason we aren't organized on the pitch as a country....

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
In general, yes.

However, in terms of possession and fluidity, TFC has been in a class above most of the teams in MLS during the regular season. I don't think they have looked as organized in the playoffs because of all these extended breaks.

It was a nail bitter for sure. I honestly don't know how Columbus missed on some of their chances.

This game could have easily ended 1-1 with Columbus moving on......

BUT they didn't :)

Clark4Ever

Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
It was a nail bitter for sure. I honestly don't know how Columbus missed on some of their chances.

This game could have easily ended 1-1 with Columbus moving on......

BUT they didn't :)

As a long suffering fan base, we deserve all the breaks we can get. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad