Post-Game Talk: Teeth

3 Stars

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
The thing that gives me pause about Fox/Miller is I’d rather not watch Fox have to hang back because Miller is the one deep in the zone with the puck

It could work, they could figure it out, but usually the “offense paired with defensive guy “ is because of the whole one puck problem

But still, good players could make it work

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
There also isn’t a crime in paying Lindgren to be an excellent 3rd pairing guy with the occasional promotion, much as Kevin Klein was.

Besides matchups it doesn’t matter much, he’d get his minutes and do well with them

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Lots of negativity and I get it they havent been great lately but I figured I'd share a stat that blew my mind. For the first time since the 78-79 season the Rangers didn't have back to back losses in October and November. This is loss stat and not a win stat so if anything the shootout and overtime made it harder as there are now more opportunities to lose.

Last edited:

mrmovies779

The Greatest Teacher,Failure is.
Feb 5, 2013
Lavi had some nice things to say about Breads line in the post game presser.Singled out all 3 and even commended Bread and Laf for their defensive play.That's why he had Laf out there the past 2 games late defending the lead with the goalie pulled.He also called them the line driving our entire offense.He is such a breath of fresh air over Caveman Gallant

Cmox

Jan 22, 2010
In the woods
Lots of negativity and I get it they havent been great lately but I figured I'd share a stat that blew my mind. For the first time since the 78-79 season the Rangers didn't have back to back losses in October and November. This is loss stat and not a win stat so if anything the shootout and overtime made it harder as there are now more opportunities to lose.
The longest angriest poster winner telling us to be more positive should really make us reflect. Lets enjoy this season, guys and gals.

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
Johnny Brodz probably feelin' right now, confident and making it seemingly impossible for them to send him back to the AHL. Can't wait to see the look on his face when they dump him for Whacko Kakko.
I’ve always liked Jonny and never understood the hate for him around here. It also seems like something has clicked for him recently.

He was 1.5PPG in the A this year. Currently PPG in the show right now. And didn’t he have a nice tournament in the summer too?

The guy deserves to be playing with the big club.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Johnny Brodz probably feelin' right now, confident and making it seemingly impossible for them to send him back to the AHL. Can't wait to see the look on his face when they dump him for Whacko Kakko.
If this continues, it will create a bit of dilemma for Drury. I don't think trading Kakko away is the smart thing to do asset management wise, considering his value is pretty low right now.

Blasds

Feb 15, 2020
If this continues, it will create a bit of dilemma for Drury. I don't think trading Kakko away is the smart thing to do asset management wise, considering his value is pretty low right now.
It's better to play with Panarin and Jonny against Kakko than vice versa. Sell.

MysticLeviathan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 7, 2013
gonna be a rough weekend. Rangers should beat ottawa, but like last week we’re looking at 3 games in 4 nights and it’s another trap game letdown type of situation against a mediocre team. Next weekend the same thing, though the competition is way tougher. Traveling back from a night game Saturday against Warshingtin to face LA who face the Islanders on Saturday. We travel, they don’t. Then on Tuesday we’re home against Toronto who’s another really good team. 3 games in 4 nights is tough.

We have a bit of a gauntlet coming up.

Reactions: Cmox and duhmetreE

LionsHeart

Mar 25, 2009
Queens, NY
The Rangers have played 9 games in the last 15 days. The schedule and travel the last few days is even more insane. It matters. Fatigue causes defensive breakdowns. Yet they still managed 4 points this weekend.
Not enough people are looking at this. The schedule has been really brutal to start the season, and yet they’re still winning. These guys are high level athletes, but they’re still human beings.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
An entertaining game, to say the least. Just wanna finally say, I told ya' so, about Tro. He's finally getting the recognition he deserves, Lavy and Troubs giving him a great shoutout. Way back before he got picked up by Carolina, I wanted Tro on this team. When we were in DIRE need of a center, Drury couldnt have made a better choice. I remember many here that they com plained of his salary. Anyone still complaining? Question; why weren't we paying attention to getting better at the dot last year? Possession, that doesn't matter (sarcasm). You don't go to jail nor score goals if you don't have possession.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Yeah, whereas once upon a time you got a point for a tie, and no chance at a loss. Hated ties, like the preverbial saying....."it's like kissing your sister. No satisfaction". Get rid of shootout, 10 minute O.T. 4 on 4. 1st goal wins. After 5, switch sides (after play stoppage) with 5 minute break. Then next 5. Still tied, then it's a tie.
Win, lose and tie as a TEAM. NO loser points. Fight to the end.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
We're 18-4-1. It's pretty crazy if you take a step back and look at it.
Literally did that prior to here. Just gazing, staring and totally enjoying that unbelievable record. Solid, so solid and not an illusion. Guess this is what T.B. and Boston fans have been somewhat used to. Me likey!

Don't they have the option to send him down? Like said, Brodz deserves to be here, not that KK doesn't BUT, many thought he could have used some time there to gain major confidence. That seems to be part of it, the others are him missing a fellow Finnish and NOT having any Finish.

Peltz

Oct 4, 2019
That was a dumb game. But we won, and lots of goals were scored, so yay I guess. Always nice to see a hattrick.
Defensively we were terrible.

3 stars would be Panarin, Tro and then meh (maybe Miller?)
Cuylle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad