3 Stars

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
Miller-Fox scares the shit out of me. Fox is a true blue offensive D-man. Miller wants very much to be an offensive D-man. The reason why is relatively works now is because Lindgren is the "stay at home" guy when Fox goes offensive. Same thing with Trouba being less offensive and more defensive when Miller wants to move up on the offense.
I think Fox is just as good defensively as he is offensively, they've played very well together before and I think they compliment each other tremendously. Their strengths are each others weaknesses. Fox is one of the highest IQ players of all time but with pretty weak athleticism and physical tools. Miller can be a clumsy oaf sometimes but is one of the best athletes in the league, insane reach, size, speed.

boxbox

Sep 8, 2022
just wanted to say how much I love Jack Harlow ! ... I mean Artemi Panarin not Jack Harlow...actually love em both

Reactions: Machinehead

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I'm not against keeping MIller and Trouba in the top 4, just not together.

Trouba is not a puck-mover and never was. When he and Miller are together, we have no way to transition out of our defensive zone.

Lindgren is a weird player. When he's playing well (which he's not), I have no problem with him making the correct first pass out of danger and doing it with efficiency. Then he gets into the offensive zone and it's like he's never played hockey before.

Miller is that same weird player, but the opposite. He obviously has a ton of skill and is good at finishing chances whether it's shooting or making a decisive pass. When he's in danger in his own end, he moves the puck like a glacier pushing a slower glacier. I think Fox's ability to move the puck would be perfect for him as opposed to Trouba who doesn't have that ability at all.
Miller-Fox scares the shit out of me. Fox is a true blue offensive D-man. Miller wants very much to be an offensive D-man. The reason why is relatively works now is because Lindgren is the "stay at home" guy when Fox goes offensive. Same thing with Trouba being less offensive and more defensive when Miller wants to move up on the offense.
Fox is one of the more defensively-deployed defensemen in the league.

And even if he wasn't, assessing your pairs as "this guy does offense, this guy does defense" is missing a ton of nuance. It's exactly the thing that led to Miller and Trouba stinking up the ice. They're ostensibly offense and defense, except they're not.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I want a children’s book with pop-outs as an explanation instead of these fancy schmancy nerd graphs. Not all of us got our grade 10, Lahey.
Those charts are grade 3. It's literally blue good red bad. It's Dr. Seuss.

Red chart, blue chart, one chart, two chart.

• Haha
Reactions: Kupo and romba

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
nonsense. fox is a great all around dman. none of our dmen are 4th forwards. miller is also one of the few dman in the world with the speed and athleticism to be caught up ice and still be able to get back defensively.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
The days of a Leetch and a Beukeboom have gone by the wayside. With Miller and Fox, you have a tank and a more cerebral player. They're great compliments to each other.

With Miller and Trouba, you have two tanks who are completely lost as soon as they have to do something quickly or think about something besides the very next step.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Also, just to be fair, Miller and Trouba were are only good defensemen in that game. It's just something that's bothered me for a long time.

We sucked in that game because Lindgren gave up 20 shots.

Whoot Whoot

Biased Rangers Fan
Feb 28, 2007
Los Angeles
Lindgren scored the game winner yesterday I don’t get the analysis

He could use a few days off after getting boarded 2-3 straight games in a row

Reactions: tlk

Row I Goon

Nov 14, 2018
The man enthusiastically checking his waistband under a blanket on the 72nd St Q platform had a better night than I did attending that game.

What a slop fest.
Yes - but what about the game?

Trocheck just totally rocks as a player. Love everything about his game.
IMG_9004.jpeg

Remember when we sucked on face-offs?

hardnosed

Feb 27, 2017
You are 100% correct. How many coaches do we need in here that haven't put Miller with Fox? Why hasn't anyone done it? Because it's stupid. If you want Miller to grow into a stud offensive defenseman, you don't put him with Fox. You would be wasting his offensive skills. Let someone else be Fox's lackey.

Reactions: FUZfan and tlk
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad