Teemu's Powerplay Time Decrease...

jepjepjoo

Dec 31, 2002
The 1st PP unit is facing the opposition's 1st PK unit, and Boudreau knows the goals are going to come. All you care about is Selanne. Boudreau cares about the team.

jepjep, would you even be saying anything if it was Selanne on the top unit, instead of someone else? Somehow I doubt it.

Yes, I am, but the obvious in this case is that both of our PP units have looked good. Maybe you should consider that the team is more important than Selanne.

That's the third* ad hominem from you in our little (pointless) exchange now.

I'll retire.

*Same subject thogh

Last edited by a moderator:

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
And I'll continue to reitterate it. Boudreau's goal is not to make Selanne look good. It's to win hockey games.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
The goal of the PP is to score. If they get Selanne away from the better defenders, that's an effective way to create scoring. Most of the TOI disparity is coming from dominance by the PP1 with puck possession.

Also (another reason stats without context are worthless) - when a PP scores, the PP ends for TOI. If the PP2 is scoring faster but the PP1 is out their entire shift, you'd expect the PP1 to have a larger TOI.

Last edited:

Sean Garrity

Quack Quack Quack!
Dec 25, 2007
Dee Eff UU
:laugh:I love how we complain about everything despite the Ducks being in first place in the division, second overall, and the #1 PP at the moment. That is the beauty of the times currently.

Now if we really want something to complain about, lets start a Penaly Killing thread. :help:

caliamad

Mar 14, 2003
Visit site
I love the 1a/1b with the units and that 1a gets pulled after 1 minute (as soon as the defense clear it that is).

I just don't understand some of the personal choices. What I remember last game was:

1a) Getzlaf Perry Bonino Fowler Beach
1b) Koivu Selanne Ryan Souray Lovejoy

I would change replace Bonino w/ Palmieri and Lovejoy with Sbisa or let Souray play extended minutes (he's not as active on the PP as others... basically waits to shoot at top of the blueline) .

Sean Garrity

Quack Quack Quack!
Dec 25, 2007
Dee Eff UU
Last game Palmieri got hurt. He and Beauch had flip flopped the prior game and Palmieri had moved to the point on the first unit.

hirawl

Used Register
Dec 27, 2010
BB obviously plays the percentages. PP1 keeps the puck and uses up time and wears out PK1 then PP2 scores at the end of the 2 minutes. Those 2 minutes are minutes in which the opponent scores very rarely. Percentages. Genius stuff.

agent082

Feb 11, 2012
2nd PP unit should start powerplays more often so that would balance PP-time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad