Teemu Selänne (On Fire)

Status
Not open for further replies.

hifk88

Nov 2, 2005
Helsinki
Teemu has looked wonderfull so far at the tournament....
Maybe even better than Nagano 1998 Olympics. :bow:
----------------------------------------------------
2gp. 4g+1a=5pts.
:banana: :banana: :banana:

Last edited:

Coffee and 7's*

hifk88 said:
Teemu has looked wonderfull so far at the tournament....
Maybe even better than Nagano 1998 Olympics. :bow:
----------------------------------------------------
2gp. 4g+1a=5pts.
:banana: :banana: :banana:

Yeah lets make a couple of more threads about it.

Coffee and 7's*

psycho_dad said:
this is the first one I saw about it.

But no he does not look better than in Nagano, but very good though.

Ya I deleted the one I made. I am really surprised about Selännes play! a Selänne like this is just what Finland need. They have all the defense in the world so I believe they can make it to the Finals no doubt.
Another thing surprising me is that Czechs lost to Swiss...gotta suck to be a Czech right now :amazed:

Coffee and 7's*

Jussi said:
I thought everyone was too busy making threads about Forsberg stepping on the ice in team training? :p:

Yeah, if you ask me it cracks me up how people are insane with Forsberg...I whould rather have Nylander on the team...but I might change my mind once Forsbergs starts playing.

Padawan

Former power tripper
Dec 31, 2002
Jyvaskyla, Finland
www.jypht.fi
dakdak said:
Yeah, if you ask me it cracks me up how people are insane with Forsberg...I whould rather have Nylander on the team...but I might change my mind once Forsbergs starts playing.
Yoi might have to wait a while. Our tv commentator said that he heard from swedish journalists that Forsberg is heading back to Philly since he can't play.

Anyway, Selänne has been on fire. It seems like the old finnish flash has come back. Not just in the olympics but in the NHL as well. Great news! I just hope Selänne can keep it up for the whole season.

shawn_kemp*

I won't jump on the Selanne bandwagon until he actually scores against a big team like Canada or the Czechs.

Coffee and 7's*

shawn_kemp said:
I won't jump on the Selanne bandwagon until he actually scores against a big team like Canada or the Czechs.

Switzerland is an even bigger team than Czech Rep. They prooved that today.

C-J...*

Yeah he managed to score against a couple of "blueberrynations", he must be the best hockeyplayer in the world at this point.

:dunce:

psycho_dad*

Jul 14, 2003
Saint John, N.B
Visit site
Starshollow said:
Yeah he managed to score against a couple of "blueberrynations", he must be the best hockeyplayer in the world at this point.

Well, Andy Murray said not a long time ago that he is one of the best forwards in the game today, so you are not that far off, at least according to Murray...

Raipe

May 25, 2004
Starshollow said:

Well, he is one of the best right now.BTW After selänne goal ,teemu
is talking to saku in bench and saku had face like :please dont talk to me i dont like you .:blush:

Matti_A

Sep 21, 2005
Starshollow said:

Let's ask the Czech's what kind of a "blueberrynation" team Switzerland is. :sarcasm:

The_Eck

Jan 5, 2006
Montreal
TEam Finland is my darkhorse for winning the gold. Never underestimate the Finns, they played tough against canada in 2002.

Matti_A

Sep 21, 2005
The_Eck said:
TEam Finland is my darkhorse for winning the gold. Never underestimate the Finns, they played tough against canada in 2002.
Oh yeah, few people seem to remember how close that game was.
If only Hurme hadn't allowed that soft goal on a Sakic back-hand..... :shakehead

C-J...*

psycho_dad said:
Well, Andy Murray said not a long time ago that he is one of the best forwards in the game today, so you are not that far off, at least according to Murray...

Thats just a polite thing to say, noone in their right mind would even consider Selänne being top-10 amongst forwards.

More like top-50.

On a good day.

:snide:

;)

Raimo Sillanpää

Mar 11, 2003
Espoo, Finland
Matti_A said:
Oh yeah, few people seem to remember how close that game was.
If only Hurme hadn't allowed that soft goal on a Sakic back-hand..... :shakehead

close?

Let's get serious. Canada held an impregnable 1-0 lead, then 2-0 and we qucikly pulled it back to 2-1. Then they got serious again.
We had control of the puck, but we never got out of the corners. We didn't have a single decent scoring chance.
And we lost like 99/100 faceoffs in the third period to Sakic. Every faceoff Canada won, took us a minute to gain control of the puck, then we went into the corners.. then there was a stoppage. Repeat.

That wasn't close. It was like trying to score against Italy once they lead 1-0 in a soccer game and there's 20 minutes left. Catenaccio you to death. Take the Brazil-Italy final of 1994. Brazil has "imaginary" control, they attack and get stopped by the best defensive line ever to grace a grass patch. Repeat ad nauseum.

Canada 2-1 Finland 2002, was not close. It looked close, but it was not. Had we had a few real chances, it could be described as close. But we didn't and it wasn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad