Teemu Selänne (On Fire)

Status
Not open for further replies.

psycho_dad*

Jul 14, 2003
Saint John, N.B
Visit site
Starshollow said:
Thats just a polite thing to say, noone in their right mind would even consider Selänne being top-10 amongst forwards.

More like top-50.

On a good day.

:snide:

;)

And LA Kings coach needs to be extremely polite on commenting a ducks player...for what reason exactly?

I 'd say he is in the top 15 maybe. Just above Näslund's etc.

Canuck21t

Feb 4, 2004
Montreal, QC
Raimo Sillanpää said:
close?

Let's get serious. Canada held an impregnable 1-0 lead, then 2-0 and we qucikly pulled it back to 2-1. Then they got serious again.
We had control of the puck, but we never got out of the corners. We didn't have a single decent scoring chance.
And we lost like 99/100 faceoffs in the third period to Sakic. Every faceoff Canada won, took us a minute to gain control of the puck, then we went into the corners.. then there was a stoppage. Repeat.

That wasn't close. It was like trying to score against Italy once they lead 1-0 in a soccer game and there's 20 minutes left. Catenaccio you to death. Take the Brazil-Italy final of 1994. Brazil has "imaginary" control, they attack and get stopped by the best defensive line ever to grace a grass patch. Repeat ad nauseum.

Canada 2-1 Finland 2002, was not close. It looked close, but it was not. Had we had a few real chances, it could be described as close. But we didn't and it wasn't.
Wow, you have a good memory. All I can remember about that game was that at no moment did I worry about Canada. Selanne as always was on fire for Finland but in general, I never felt threaten.

Raimo Sillanpää

Mar 11, 2003
Espoo, Finland
Canuck21t said:
Wow, you have a good memory. All I can remember about that game was that at no moment did I worry about Canada. Selanne as always was on fire for Finland but in general, I never felt threaten.

What's strange is that I saw the match from like 4am to 7am after having stayed up all night at a bar.. I don't think I would've been in driving condition until like 4pm..

Caz

Hedonist
Feb 16, 2006
Brussels, Belgium
Chimp said:
I first want to see Selänne perform against something else than blueberry teams before I say anything about him.

That's fair enough. I also want to see Foppa play against any
team before I can say my opinion whether he's good or not.

:D

TK79

Jul 5, 2002
Helsinki, Finland
Visit site
Starshollow said:
Thats just a polite thing to say, noone in their right mind would even consider Selänne being top-10 amongst forwards.

More like top-50.

On a good day.

:snide:

;)

Don't pay any attention to this guy. I think his past posts show that he's extremely biased against Finnish players. This is the same guy who claimed Kronwall is better than Pitkänen :biglaugh: I think Selänne's play for the Ducks this season and in this tournament speaks for itself.

Caz

Hedonist
Feb 16, 2006
Brussels, Belgium
edd1e said:
That didnt make any sense.. did anyone say Foppa is on fire?

Chill out, it was a joke :)

Selanne has scored 4 goals in two games.
Blueberry-teams or not, but four goals
of 9 shots is pretty much on fire.

Plus I want to see Foppa in these games.
It should be the best of the best.

psycho_dad*

Jul 14, 2003
Saint John, N.B
Visit site
Caz said:
Chill out, it was a joke :)

Selanne has scored 4 goals in two games.
Blueberry-teams or not, but four goals
of 9 shots is pretty much on fire.

Plus I want to see Foppa in these games.
It should be the best of the best.

Yeah and that shot of Selänne, on the 6-0 goal....wow. It would not have mattered who was in goal for that one.

Joe MacMillan

Aug 10, 2005
Helsinki
TK79 said:
Don't pay any attention to this guy. I think his past posts show that he's extremely biased against Finnish players. This is the same guy who claimed Kronwall is better than Pitkänen :biglaugh: I think Selänne's play for the Ducks this season and in this tournament speaks for itself.
Actuallly I find Starshollow's posts pretty funny. :innocent:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad