Teams looking at Glendening

kliq

Dec 17, 2017
About the same chance if the Lions winning the Super Bowl.

Doubt that.

Then a 2nd and Glendening, or two 3rd's. Or Green and Glendening for Liljegren and a 2nd or a 1st. My point is, I wonder what it would take to get him.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
BLOCKBUSTER:

to TOR:
-M. Green
-L. Glendening
-G. Nyquist

to DET:
-1st round pick (2018)
-2nd round pick (2019)
-3rd round pick (2019)
-Kasperi Kapanen
The Leafs have a lot of cap to work with for the deadline, but not that much.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
BLOCKBUSTER:

to TOR:
-M. Green
-L. Glendening
-G. Nyquist

to DET:
-1st round pick (2018)
-2nd round pick (2019)
-3rd round pick (2019)
-Kasperi Kapanen
Leafs only have $5.5 million in cap space, Even if Holland retained half on both Green and Nyquist with Glendening added Toronto doesn't have enough cap space Detroit would need to take back a player making at least $2.5 million for it to work cap wise for the Leafs.

HisNoodliness

The Karate Kid and ASP Kai
Jun 29, 2014
Toronto
Doubt that.

Then a 2nd and Glendening, or two 3rd's. Or Green and Glendening for Liljegren and a 2nd or a 1st. My point is, I wonder what it would take to get him.
I honestly really like the idea of something around Green (50%) + Glendenning + 2nd for Liljegren + 1st

Reactions: kliq

dragonballgtz

Jul 30, 2014
I don't see much reason to trade good, under-30 players for shots in the dark.

Then the Wings have nobody to move besides Green. Unless you want to keep holding off from getting more picks you better move your under 30 role players. That is all Detroit is made of right now, role players

Redder Winger

May 4, 2017
Then the Wings have nobody to move besides Green. Unless you want to keep holding off from getting more picks you better move your under 30 role players. That is all Detroit is made of right now, role players

Most people seem to think that Tatar and Nyquist won't fetch much anyway.
So why not just keep them until their last year and then decide if it's worth keeping them or not.

I want to see Khan or Custance report that the Wings hope to move "Abdelkader or Helm" before the deadline. Or Kronwall or Ericsson.

But instead we get Tatar or Nyquist.
Instead, we're talking Mrazek instead of Howard.
Instead, we trade Sheahan instead of Helm.
Instead, we trade Jurco and keep whoever.
Instead, we have waive Pulkkinen and keep Miller and Brad Richards.

BinCookin

Feb 15, 2012
London, ON

Oh stop crying... u know they cant dump our shit hole contracts...

And Jurco and Pulkkinen??? Jesus man... they are not in the NHL at all... and NO ONE wants them at all.

dragonballgtz

Jul 30, 2014
Most people seem to think that Tatar and Nyquist won't fetch much anyway.
So why not just keep them until their last year and then decide if it's worth keeping them or not.

I want to see Khan or Custance report that the Wings hope to move "Abdelkader or Helm" before the deadline. Or Kronwall or Ericsson.

So the two guys who could potentially get you the best return you want to hold onto in favor of trying to move players with less value?

We should find new homes for Tatar, Nyquist, Mrazek, and Howard.
We traded Sheahan because Helm's contract is harder to move
We traded Jurco because he is not an NHL roster player on a good team
We waived Pulkkinen because he is not an NHL roster player on a good team

Datsyukian Deke

The Captain is Home!!
Apr 5, 2012
Middle Tennessee
Fine by me. The more picks we can get for this draft while ridding the dead weight, I'm all for.

If only Helm, Abdelkader, Kronwall, Nyquist, Tatar, & Ericsson could, as well.

Redder Winger

May 4, 2017
Oh stop crying... u know they cant dump our **** hole contracts...

And Jurco and Pulkkinen??? Jesus man... they are not in the NHL at all... and NO ONE wants them at all.

No, I don't "Know" that.

We have 3 contracts we can retain on.

Does Darren Helm become a tradeable asset at $3M instead of $3.85M? How about Nielsen? If he's at $4M instead of $5M, how much better does that deal look?
How about Abdelkader? What about Ericsson? What about Howard?

Right now, trade
Howard, $1.5M retained.
Trade Ericsson, $1.5M retained
Trade Helm, $1M retained.

Boom.... You've freed up about $10M and gotten rid of some guys who are never going to win a thing in Detroit.

After next year, the Howard retention ends. So you can trade Nielsen
After the next year, Ericsson retention ends. So you can trade Abdelkader.
And after the next, Helm retention ends.

That's how you rebuild.
You suffer with the kids for a year or two.
You dump the shitty deals to overprice vets and let the kids play in their stead.

And when your kids start to look like they can play, you sign vets and trade for vets.

HIFE

May 10, 2011
Detroit, MI
I would be ecstatic trading Glendening for Kapanen. A 21 year old who's shown he can play in the NHL, exactly the type of players we need to be gambling on/investing in while the rebuild kicks off. I liked KK on the 4th line for the Leafs last PO's, not sure why he didn't stick.

The Wings are winning nothing; we don't need another grinding shutdown guy who can't pass or score on any consistent basis. I'd concede the contract is fair but Babcock's, and then Blashill's, dependence on stone-hands Luke to me epitomizes our fall from playing enjoyable, well balanced hockey. It was embarrassing then and still is. We already have a $13 million shutdown line. I will laugh my ass of if we can dump him back with Blabcock.

chances14

Jan 7, 2010
Michigan
No, I don't "Know" that.

We have 3 contracts we can retain on.

Does Darren Helm become a tradeable asset at $3M instead of $3.85M? How about Nielsen? If he's at $4M instead of $5M, how much better does that deal look?
How about Abdelkader? What about Ericsson? What about Howard?

Right now, trade
Howard, $1.5M retained.
Trade Ericsson, $1.5M retained
Trade Helm, $1M retained.

Boom.... You've freed up about $10M and gotten rid of some guys who are never going to win a thing in Detroit.

After next year, the Howard retention ends. So you can trade Nielsen
After the next year, Ericsson retention ends. So you can trade Abdelkader.
And after the next, Helm retention ends.

That's how you rebuild.
You suffer with the kids for a year or two.
You dump the ****ty deals to overprice vets and let the kids play in their stead.

And when your kids start to look like they can play, you sign vets and trade for vets.
the issue with trading the contracts is the length, not the cap hits. teams will be reluctant to take on those long term deals even at reduced cap hits. plus, all those players you mentioned are on the downside of their careers with no upside.

The only deals where retaining might make a difference is howard and Ericsson and that's because there's only a couple years left on their contracts

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Holland doesn’t think a 4th liner is worth a second does he?

Either way. Your crazy if you don’t take a 2nd for him and Toronto is crazy if they do trade a 2nd

Reactions: Winger98

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009

A goddamn 5th rounder?

A 4th line shutdown, PK center for a coach who loves him returns a pick that more often than not doesn't produce a player who'll play in the NHL?

Garbage. I get it's a negotiation, but that's laughable.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Why is a 4th liner worth a 2nd round pick? As any teams GM, I would never pay that much for a 4th line player. Glendening is good in his role, but lets not over-do values here. If we got a 3rd for him, that would be as much as you could expect I think.

Reactions: StargateSG1

saska sault

Jun 5, 2010
Sault Ste. Marie
Glendening isn't holding Bert back, at all.
Luke himself isnt but the old boys club is. Ill admit I like Luke and what he brings to the table but moving him out opens a PK spot for a young guy. Or a 4th line centre spot for Turgeon next year. Small changes are at least changes in the right direction ...

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Turgeon is the replacement, if Gledening is gone. It's pretty obvious. He was already there at centering the 4th line when Glendy was injured.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad