Teams looking at Glendening

Laser Rayzor

Cautiously Optimistic
Dec 8, 2012
The Underground
p20AehN.gif

I'm ok with any situation that allows me to post this gif.

Credit to Red_Lee

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
you can draft pretty good player in second round , but most likely we will pick someone who never play in NHL.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Good player for his role, and a reasonable contract, but if somebody is willing to part with a 2nd rounder in this draft, I'm all aboard.

Reactions: Filppula

Redder Winger

May 4, 2017
How high do you value this guy?

It's not just a question of how high do a value the guy, it's also a question of how high a value a pick in the 45-60 range, vs in the 75-90 range.

I don't see much reason to trade good, under-30 players for shots in the dark. And when you get to 75 to 90, that's what you start to get.
I haven't studied it, but my guess is that you'd do just as good signing undrafted prospects as you do drafting 80th overall.

So might as well keep Luke Glendening until someone is willing to pay a better price.

If someone fattens up the offer with a legit prospect who still shows NHL promise 2-3 years after being drafted, I'd consider that.

Reactions: SirloinUB

Redder Winger

May 4, 2017
Quite highly apparently lol...

Glendening is one of the best at his role, Detroit isnt good enough to take advantage of that and he probably plays more than he should. On a team with forward depth like Toronto he would be an asset, on Detroit he isnt

And by setting a high price for Luke Glendening, you're also setting a market for more problematic contracts.

Sure, you want Glendening but you don't want to pay a 2nd. Well, for a third or fourth, you can have Helm.

And if Glendening costs a 2nd, don't come knocking for Tatar or Nyquist with halfbaked offers.

There's no urgent need to giveaway under-30 players.
That shouldn't be the priority. If someone knocks your socks off, entertain the offer.

Jul 30, 2005
I mean, what is location, really
It's weird, because it's not that he's a bad player. He's got a really useful, very specific niche. But you can only have a guy like him on a team with the depth to shield him. That's just not Detroit right now.

But if you're Toronto and you have your main building blocks in place, he's a nice piece to round out your group of role players.

BinCookin

Feb 15, 2012
London, ON
Glendening would be a great 4th C for many teams.

I do not think a 2nd or decent prospect is an unreasonable ask.

1.8 for 3 more years means he isnt a rental... you get him for all of his prime!

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
Quite highly apparently lol...

Glendening is one of the best at his role, Detroit isnt good enough to take advantage of that and he probably plays more than he should. On a team with forward depth like Toronto he would be an asset, on Detroit he isnt

Absolutely spot on here. With what he excels at, he should have much more value to a truly competitive playoff team than a rebuilding one. He can change the fortunes of a good playoff team, but he can't change the fortunes of a rebuilding one.

kliq

Dec 17, 2017
It's weird, because it's not that he's a bad player. He's got a really useful, very specific niche. But you can only have a guy like him on a team with the depth to shield him. That's just not Detroit right now.

But if you're Toronto and you have your main building blocks in place, he's a nice piece to round out your group of role players.

He would be a nice upgrade for them over Moore, who I would guess would come back to us with a draft pick if they can't trade him (he's an upcoming UFA).

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
Last year I would have taken a 3rd or 4th... maybe a 5th + project prospect.

This season he is having a career year and with the cap going up his contract is really good. It'll take a 2nd rounder.

kliq

Dec 17, 2017
Does anyone think TO would part with Liljegren? Not one for one of course, but maybe we trade Glendening and a pick for him? (like a 3rd or 4th rounder)

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
BLOCKBUSTER:

to TOR:
-M. Green
-L. Glendening
-G. Nyquist

to DET:
-1st round pick (2018)
-2nd round pick (2019)
-3rd round pick (2019)
-Kasperi Kapanen