Rumor: Teams interested in Koskinen?

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
...I've never liked Holtby, even when he was supposedly good, but he's still a level above Mikko Damn-It's-In...he was another level of bad last year and he turns 33 in two days, so he's not gonna get any better, only worse...

Then you only watch this season's Kosko. Dude has been crazy streaky much like Mike Smith.

Again, stats say Kosko is better and if he was a bit more consistent then he'd be a decent 1A/1B. I just worry about that glove hand of his.

There's no good argument for saying Holtby is any better... just blind homerism/bias.

Reactions: spaghtti

Brown Cat

Hates OP
Jan 7, 2021
vKUUqdK.jpg

LMAO

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
Then you only watch this season's Kosko. Dude has been crazy streaky much like Mike Smith.

Again, stats say Kosko is better and if he was a bit more consistent then he'd be a decent 1A/1B. I just worry about that glove hand of his.

There's no good argument for saying Holtby is any better... just blind homerism/bias.

I only mentioned THIS season, cuz he's not getting younger...and Holtby was better this year by watching games; fancy stats only tell part of the story while not telling that the difference between the Oil's possession game was light years above Vancouver's...I believe Holtby had a better High-Danger save percentage as well, but I can't recall specifics (I'll look)...

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
I only mentioned THIS season, cuz he's not getting younger...and Holtby was better this year by watching games; fancy stats only tell part of the story while not telling that the difference between the Oil's possession game was light years above Vancouver's...I believe Holtby had a better High-Danger save percentage as well, but I can't recall specifics (I'll look)...

If we are talking about this season.. yeah Kosko was not good. Barely a backup. He had an okay stretch of games but Smith saved the season.

member 329811

I gotta say Koskinen was fantastic for my fantasy points early last season - and when Smith went active I dropped him like Campbell on Umberger.

CanadianPantherFan

Cats are Here!
Jun 6, 2004
Calgary
The worst glove hand in the sport. Each and every goalie wears a glove and has to utilize it each and every game. Let that sink in. Do you still want him at any retention?

Iwishihadaspacebar

Apr 27, 2021
Buffalo needs a goalie and we could use Reinhart. Make it happen Adams

I thought the same when reading the title but there are two problems, one is Koskinen's M-NTC which covers 15 teams (of which Buffalo could easily be one of) and the other is that the return for Rheinhart and taking Koskinen is probably more than Edmonton want to pay. You'd think Holloway would be the first name mentioned.

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011
The Oilers would hold out for less and risk going into the ED as is with Koskinen. Can you guys do the same? Every sample Expansion I have seen has you losing one of those 2 goalies.

My counter last minute would be:

Koskinen(1 million retain)
Cooper Marody
the 2022-2nd if we don't give it up for Keith or 2023-2nd.

This is a 2nd a b-prospect similar to the graves deal with a backup goalie that Seattle won't likely pick.

Nevwe ever!! Giving up a prospect and a second roundwr out ofthe wibdow for a one year contract at 4,5, or 2 years of just 1,5? Absolutley not! Holland would just buy him out, and save the money.

Its closer with Kosikinen 50% retained + 5th rounder. Take it oe leave it. Koskinen still has so e good games, wxcept when his glove is haevy

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
I gotta say Koskinen was fantastic for my fantasy points early last season - and when Smith went active I dropped him like Campbell on Umberger.
He was much better when Smith came back.

MinimaMoralia

May 1, 2015
He’s a guy who is awful hard to trust out there, even with retention. The entire league knows to go glove high and you’ll burn him eventually. At 32, it’s hard to think he really has much room to improve, regardless of coaching.

Reactions: CanadianPantherFan

BLNY

Aug 3, 2004
Dartmouth, NS
Just curious what would Edmonton be willing to add if montreal were to offer Allen and pick up all of koskinens salaries?
It would have to be a lot for this habs fan. For Montreal to take the older goalie, making $1.7m more, they'll have to pay up. There are significantly better UFA options out there in the even we lose Allen. We need a goalie that can be relied on to play 25 games and win. Allen's play while Price was injured was excellent, and I've got no confidence in Koskinen to be able to replicate that.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

member 329811

He was much better when Smith came back.

Well, it stands to reason. He started how many games in a row at the start of last season? He was worn out... but all those starts, shots against, and the odd win here and there made him an early season fantasy stud. No goalie can keep that starting streak going without his game falling apart.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Koskinen is only 1 year so the Oilers are not going to bend over backwards to move him. They'd likely retain and get minimal return.

The rumor sounds like teams have genuine interest and would like to give him a shot. He had good stats at one time. A similar position to what Talbot was here.

Send him down saves a million this year and next season the 3.5 million extra will pay for Nurse raise and most of Puljujarvi .

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
Koskinen at 2.25 is really not that bad. He’s pretty good when he’s not being asked to be a starter.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario

3165e7ec4349e0decda83e8901eb8a71.png

Holtby was bad with a capital B.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad