Rumor: Teams Calling on Brock Boeser (Per Rick Dhaliwal on Chek TV)

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Minnesota really can't trade Dumba with Suter gone and Soucy (probably) going to Seattle.

If Vancouver has called to ask about Fiala, who Guerin's reportedly exploring the market for, it wouldn't shock me if Minnesota was the team that asked for Boeser in return.

Sure they can. The Wild need a player like Boeser a lot more than they need a player like Dumba.

Szechwan

Sep 13, 2006
This happens every offseason for some reason.

No chance they trade their young, point leading and top goal scorer for anything less than a legit young top pair RHD. I have no clue who I'd even ask for.

Could see Buffalo asking for him if they inquired on Eichel though.

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010
Rumours are that Benning has been interested in acquiring Jones.

I think logically, it went down as Benning acquiring what the cost was and Jarmo coming back with Boeser.

Calad

Section 422
Jul 24, 2011
Long Island
I’d actually say it’s because they are not comfortable with 1 year left before they will have to pay him! He had his best season last year, back seemed fine to me.

And the biggest problem with paying him long term is...?

I would say his best season was his rookie season but its close. I didn't watch a ton of vancouver games.

Zippgunn

May 15, 2011
Lhuntshi
One thing to keep in mind, are American born players on Canadian teams like the ktachuk bros, matthews, and boeser going to sign and resign into there ufa years. The answer I believe is no. Matthews is gone after 3 more years, both ktachuks are likely going home to stlouis once they hit ufa. So even though these are players you build around, are you prepared to lose them for nothing when ufa hits.

THIS in spades! BB would almost certainly prefer to play south of the 49th parallel and when his contract comes up he may well demand a trade...

BCNate

Apr 3, 2016
THIS in spades! BB would almost certainly prefer to play south of the 49th parallel and when his contract comes up he may well demand a trade...
There is nothing at all that has ever come out regarding Brock Boeser to support this. Legit nothing at all.

Reactions: Szechwan

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
They really don't, and that trade would leave them with two top-4 defensemen.
Losing Suter, Dumba, and potentially Soucy in one offseason... Not gonna lie, it would be super entertaining to load up the offense for once.

flying v 604

Sep 4, 2014
Ya ok. If you spent like 5 seconds searching you would have a different opinion. Brock optimizes "character guy" more than anyone else I can think of off the top of my head and is genuinely a great kid who loves the young core he is a part of. Benning and staff have gone above and beyond when it comes to Brocks sad situation with his father, Brock is about as decent as they come and is not someone who will bolt and Vancouver is not a budget team that will low-ball their own stars.

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
How do you trade a free agent?

You trade the rights to the free agent. That allows them to negotiate before FA the only problem is there's an expansion draft thus they would have to either protect their rights to negotiate with the player or let Seattle have a crack at him.

Unless this of course is a sign and trade and that acquiring team protects him.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Well these are some awful trades, even as jokes.

I'll be gentle with Dumba because Wild and Canucks fans discussed it so much in previous seasons...but Dumba isn't the D we need any more.

Reactions: CherryToke and bh53

nowhereman

Jan 24, 2010
Los Angeles
The only potentially realistic reason why Boeser would want to move closer to home is because of his family and the situation with his father. Beyond that, I don't see any fear that Americans would want to move away from Vancouver (including Hughes and Demko). It's one of the most beautiful cities in the world and is frequently cited as one of, if not the most promising investment opportunity in North America.

BCNate

Apr 3, 2016
And the biggest problem with paying him long term is...?

I would say his best season was his rookie season but its close. I didn't watch a ton of vancouver games.

Nah, last year was by far his best. He has developed a pretty solid two way game. Boeser is turning into a fantastic young winger.

His next contract won't be an issue, as he won't get much of a raise. Boeser is already at ~6 mil, even if he goes to 7.5 or 8 long term it's not a problem. Cap will be rising during that time as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad