Rumor: Teams Calling on Brock Boeser (Per Rick Dhaliwal on Chek TV)

notsocommonsense

Apr 24, 2013
It's considered a backwater by many Americans, it rains all the time, the travel is brutal, the team is garbage run by idiots and our taxes are much higher. I predict ALL of the players you mention above will be traded within 5 years...

Lol, if Vancouver is considered a backwater by many Americans, that says a lot more about many Americans than it does about Vancouver

Honestly tho, I don’t believe “many Americans” are that dense

Ace of Hades

#Demko4Vezina
Apr 27, 2010
Oregon
Andrew Copp and Logan Stanley for Boeser.

Van gets their 3rd line center and a solid big bottom pairing D and gains some cap. Boeser goes to play closer to home. It's actually fair. But yeah.... annual boeser trade rumors

Think about it. Would you trade Kyle Connor for Logan Stanley and Andrew Copp if the latter two played for another team?

Last edited:

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
Think about it. Would you trade Kyle Connor for Logan Stanley and Andrew Copp if the latter two played for another team?

It would depend on what my needs are. Sounds like Vancouver wants a 3rd line center. That's Copp.

I know it's hfboards but your Gm is Benning. Boeser if dealt.. the return will disappoint you.

Jrtu

Jun 22, 2010
It would depend on what my needs are. Sounds like Vancouver wants a 3rd line center. That's Copp.

I know it's hfboards but your Gm is Benning. Boeser if dealt.. the return will disappoint you.

Doesn’t mean we all have to act like the idiot that GMJB is...

Reactions: Rick Rocket

Ace of Hades

#Demko4Vezina
Apr 27, 2010
Oregon

We want a third line C but not at the expense of our very few top 6 forwards and a sniper. A type we generally lack.

Thats fine because even a dumbass like Benning knows how stupid this is.

Reactions: 48MPHSlapShot

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
I imagine they field a lot of calls on him. Why wouldn't GMs call on him? I would.
Exactly what I was thinking. Why is this even news? I'm sure teams call the Islanders all the time and ask if they can take Mat Barzal off our hands. Gotta be par for the course, as Gretzky said, "You get 0% of what you don't ask for" or was that something about shots and goals?

Zippgunn

May 15, 2011
Lhuntshi
Add two 1sts and I still wouldn’t do it.

Well then you're nuts; Boeser is ridiculously overrated in Vancouver. When he's on he is indeed a force but when he's not (which is distressingly often) he is all but a useless icetime vampire. One small injury and he will be a liability most nights...

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
Copp is an underrated player who gets a lot of trust from his coach. I bet Copp provides more value than Canucks fans realize but pedigree has a massive effect on trade values and Copp has minimal.

Luck 6

\\_______
Oct 17, 2008
Vancouver
Well then you're nuts; Boeser is ridiculously overrated in Vancouver. When he's on he is indeed a force but when he's not (which is distressingly often) he is all but a useless icetime vampire. One small injury and he will be a liability most nights...

I’m not nuts.

Boeser is a cost controlled, 24 year old RW who has been on a 30+ goal and 68 point pace throughout his career, that’s whether he plays with Pettersson, Horvat, Miller, or whoever. Plus, I’m of the opinion he hasn’t peaked yet, he has more to give.

Trading him for a 3C who doesn’t fit the age range of our core, a bottom pairing defenseman, and two late 1sts with a high likelihood of busting doesn’t interest me. I’d rather trade a couple of 2nd rounders to fill some holes, not give away a legit player that we cannot replace. This isn’t me over valuing Boeser, this is me not putting as much weight in secondary pieces, especially when acquiring those pieces opens up a much bigger hole.

BCNate

Apr 3, 2016
I’m not nuts.

Boeser is a cost controlled, 24 year old RW who has been on a 30+ goal and 68 point pace throughout his career, that’s whether he plays with Pettersson, Horvat, Miller, or whoever. Plus, I’m of the opinion he hasn’t peaked yet, he has more to give.

Trading him for a 3C who doesn’t fit the age range of our core, a bottom pairing defenseman, and two late 1sts with a high likelihood of busting doesn’t interest me. I’d rather trade a couple of 2nd rounders to fill some holes, not give away a legit player that we cannot replace. This isn’t me over valuing Boeser, this is me not putting as much weight in secondary pieces, especially when acquiring those pieces opens up a much bigger hole.
Well said Bro.

Reactions: Canadian Canuck

Canuck86

Feb 12, 2014
Kelowna
BB6 is NOT being traded, this thread is garbage. The Canuck GM should be fired if he moves him, we have piss poor top 6 wingers as it stands, but hey to improve the team lets move your best RW...Ya okay then!

Lock it up!! Teams would call on any player in the league, maybe we should have hundreds of these threads on here...

Reactions: Canadian Canuck

John Johnson

Apr 11, 2019
I’m not nuts.

You aren't over valuing Boeser, everyone else is extremely under valuing him.

Zippgunn

May 15, 2011
Lhuntshi
I’m not nuts.

He is indeed cost controlled... for now. When it comes to re-signing him expect to overpay by a bit in order to entice him to stay here. Like I say when he's on he is everything you say. But he isn't always on...

Pure West

Oct 3, 2005
Vancouver
When you have a 24 year old 30 goal scoring top line winger who has produced on his own, and signed to a reasonable contract, you have a very valuable asset. He hasn't demanded a trade, so he doesn't have to be moved for depth junk. If he's traded, it's a blockbuster.

Reactions: 48MPHSlapShot

AHLdepth

Feb 17, 2020

I have got to believe that Benning asked about Seth Jones (as literally every GM had) and was told Boeser would need to be in the return. No chance we are out just shopping a guy of his caliber.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Ya no way Canucks move Boeser unless for a clear cut upgrade . I’m not a Canucks fan but I’d think Boeser is right along with Hughes and Pettersson Horvat as far as being virtually untouchable

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad