WC: TEAM USA 2022 Helsinki - Tampere

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
That's about as good as the Swiss can play, they carried play and were on them hard and still nothing to show for it. The good thing is Swayman is seeing all the shots and the defense hasn't been allowing many 2nd opportunities, blocking them out and sweeping it away. That continues the U.S is in great shape to send the Swiss home.

40 seconds of a p.p to kill off starting the 3rd but it's looking good. Stay out of the box from here on in I think they probably have them.

SK94

Apr 11, 2016
Swayman is a rock of this team but that second period was a really bad. Offensively there was nothing going and defensively they were stuck in their D zone way too much.

If I would represent Luke Hughes, I would push hard that he would play one more season in Michigan before joining Devils. At times he has been good but way too many mistakes.

DVision44

Nov 30, 2017
Swayman is a rock of this team but that second period was a really bad. Offensively there was nothing going and defensively they were stuck in their D zone way too much.

If I would represent Luke Hughes, I would push hard that he would play one more season in Michigan before joining Devils. At times he has been good but way too many mistakes.
Push hard? It's already been established that he's returning to Michigan

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Im cheering for you guys to get the gold. USA have not won gold in this tournament since 1960 which is shocking. Had some bad luck. Its about time to bring the gold to the states.

FinPanda

Team Finland 2022 WHC champions
Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
Of all the teams we have sent the past 6 years, this one...this one could break our curse...so f***ing typical with USA Hockey ...lmao!!!
I mean usually its about the team not the names. Ofc game breaking ability is good but you can see how it has worked for Russia for past 5 years. They didn't play this year but anyway. The big names may be more selfish and not as much team oriented and they like to hold the puck and do fancy moves that lead to almost nothing. Canada has the quantity to win no matter who they get and US seems to struggle to get the biggest names. I wouldn't be surprised to see an US gold soon. Hopefully just not this year since I want Finland to play in the final and we never have the strenght in names lol.

SanDogBrewin

Righteous bucks!
Jan 14, 2010
On a tasty wave
twitter.com

Just got done watching the DVR of the game. Farrell-Meyers-Kuhlman had a great game. So happy that they got rewarded in the third. Gaudette continues to find a way to put pucks in the net.

Glad the US won but Boldy and Bellows left there brains 🧠 back at the hotel. And of course Swayman was rock solid. US Dmen did a great job of clearing the front of the net and keep those quick Swiss forwards to the outside.

Great win!

Last edited:
Reactions: William H Bonney

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
Well done, well done. They lost their way a bit in the 2nd as the Swiss were pushing hard and throwing everything on the net. The positive was that the Swiss chances weren't very dangerous. Turned it back on in the 3rd. They had a lot of prime chances to bury that game in the 3rd before the great pass by Kuhlman ended it.

Only having 5 d-men has been a bonus. USAH and Hockey Canada prepare so little for this tournament compared to the European teams that the d-men getting all this ice time has them rounded into form quickly. Hughes has been hit or miss (learning that professionals take away time and space more quickly) but the other 4 have been rock solid. When Jones doesn't aimlessly wander (like he does so often in the NHL), he can still be a great d-man.

They're playing for a medal which should be the expectation every tournament. But as we're getting better about avoiding our typical QF choke jobs in this tournament, now we need a breakthrough in the SF.

Reactions: SanDogBrewin

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Gaudreau - Matthews - Kane
Connor - Eichel - Pavelski
Guentzel - Hughes - Rust
M.Tkachuk - JT.Miller - Hartman

Hughes - Carlson
Werenski - Fox
Slavin - McAvoy

Swayman
Oettinger
Demko

Tried to put together a best possible USA team. RW is not as strong as LW. A fully healthy Eichel is a man for this team imo.

BigBadBoar

Dec 20, 2017
Pardubice
I seem to remember a team Germany that was down to 12 skaters in a game. Maybe 10 years ago. There was something weird about it as it wasn't injuries.

Don't remember this. Of course I do remember the recent COVID-related affairs which were somewhat similar.

SanDogBrewin

Righteous bucks!
Jan 14, 2010
On a tasty wave
twitter.com
Still some weak sauce from Bellows and Boldy. Third line was good again. Tough break with Megna gone. US needs a more consistent forecheck. For the most part getting the puck out of the there own zone has been good for the US. Gaudette needs help on his line…maybe move some pieces around.

SK94

Apr 11, 2016
Pathetic penalty...

I don't blame Swayman but unfortunately once again we did not get those needed saves from our goalie that there would have been chance to win big game like this.

SanDogBrewin

Righteous bucks!
Jan 14, 2010
On a tasty wave
twitter.com
Overachievers with a roster like that. Gaudette was the only true offensive threat that I saw. Kudos to Seth Jones for coming over. Bummer about Megna hope all is ok with his family. Well right now seems like the US likes the Bronze.

Reactions: FinPanda

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
Overachievers with a roster like that. Gaudette was the only true offensive threat that I saw. Kudos to Seth Jones for coming over. Bummer about Megna hope all is ok with his family. Well right now seems like the US likes the Bronze.
No shame in that effort today, down those d-men and still having it go down to the wire against a side as quality as Finland, they gave it their all.

canswetoxic

Dec 29, 2015
Toronto
with 3D man on the team and still loss -1 goal, pretty good achievement. Of course the TYPICAL Finns have different opinions, praised their team to the sky.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad