WC: TEAM USA 2022 Helsinki - Tampere

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
Good step to the right direction. Least they looked like a Team today. Tynan was a good addition and especially in PP. Swayman was a rock solid and Gaudette has been our best forward so far.

I don't know what Luke Hughes thought when his stick broke. Three points would have been nice and Bellows should have buried that game just moments before Swedes 2-2 goal but I guess we have to be happy with that win.

It is shocking to see that Karson Kuhlman is starting 3vs3 overtime and then skilled guy like Gally is not getting even a shift.

Gally has been trash so not surprising to see him on the outside looking in during OT

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
Probably our best game to date. Bummer to lose the lead on a fluke broken stick. We've actually been pretty decent this tournament other than the penalties/PK against Finland. Yes, scoring is a struggle, but generally we've played well.

Tynan was a great add. A playmaker was greatly needed and that's Tynan's bread and butter. He's small but he's shifty and speedy, which is great on the big ice.

Gaudette can be frustrating at times because he loses the puck a decent amount over handling it (he'd benefit from a shorter stick) but he's been our best forward by a mile, and now he has Tynan to feed him the puck.

Swayman has been rock solid.

Our defense has been pretty good. Jones gets talked about because all of the minutes but he's just been okay, and was a turnover machine today. Guys like Schmidt, Peeke, and Megna have been the most dependable.

We could make some noise if Hartman and Boldy ever show up. I would suspect that's still happening otherwise they would have just registered Jordan Harris for today's game instead of rolling with 5d. USAH seems to have this issue a bunch with taking forever to get players here after being added late. Reminds me of Werenski a couple of tournaments ago. He was announced, missed like 4 games after being announced, finally got there for the QF I think and we lost, so he played all of one game.

Friar85

Dec 16, 2013
Probably our best game to date. Bummer to lose the lead on a fluke broken stick. We've actually been pretty decent this tournament other than the penalties/PK against Finland. Yes, scoring is a struggle, but generally we've played well.

Tynan was a great add. A playmaker was greatly needed and that's Tynan's bread and butter. He's small but he's shifty and speedy, which is great on the big ice.

Gaudette can be frustrating at times because he loses the puck a decent amount over handling it (he'd benefit from a shorter stick) but he's been our best forward by a mile, and now he has Tynan to feed him the puck.

Swayman has been rock solid.

Our defense has been pretty good. Jones gets talked about because all of the minutes but he's just been okay, and was a turnover machine today. Guys like Schmidt, Peeke, and Megna have been the most dependable.

We could make some noise if Hartman and Boldy ever show up. I would suspect that's still happening otherwise they would have just registered Jordan Harris for today's game instead of rolling with 5d. USAH seems to have this issue a bunch with taking forever to get players here after being added late. Reminds me of Werenski a couple of tournaments ago. He was announced, missed like 4 games after being announced, finally got there for the QF I think and we lost, so he played all of one game.

usahockey.com says that both Boldy and Hartman will be available for the final two round robin games.

SanDogBrewin

Righteous bucks!
Jan 14, 2010
On a tasty wave
twitter.com
Just got done watching today's game. US speed and quickness was definitely frustrating Sweden through long stretches of the game.

Swayman really does make a difference back there. Team D was really good when Sweden had the puck in the offensive zone.

LoL Gaudette really is all the US has on offense. Galchenyuk had an open look but kept trying to stick handle.

On today's broadcast they did mention that Boldy and Hartman will play starting Monday. Wonder if team USA can make a call to a European based defenseman.

Eliminate the idiotic offensive zone turnovers and get offense out of the two new adds, I like what I saw today.

Reactions: William H Bonney

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
Just got done watching today's game. US speed and quickness was definitely frustrating Sweden through long stretches of the game.

Swayman really does make a difference back there. Team D was really good when Sweden had the puck in the offensive zone.

LoL Gaudette really is all the US has on offense. Galchenyuk had an open look but kept trying to stick handle.

On today's broadcast they did mention that Boldy and Hartman will play starting Monday. Wonder if team USA can make a call to a European based defenseman.

Eliminate the idiotic offensive zone turnovers and get offense out of the two new adds, I like what I saw today.

Once Boldy and Hartman are registered they have no more roster spots. They have an extra d-man with them (Jordan Harris) already.

Reactions: SanDogBrewin

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
Looked over the past few pages and can't find an answer...

I understand that Merrill got injured on like his first or second shift of the tournament, but why did the team play with only 5 Dmen today against Sweden?

Is Blankenburg injured too?

If both Merrill and Blankenburg are out, is there even an option to bring over another Dman or did the additions of Swayman, Tynan, Hartman, and Boldy fill up the permitted amount of registrattion slots?

Friar85

Dec 16, 2013

I understand that Merrill got injured on like his first or second shift of the tournament, but why did the team play with only 5 Dmen today against Sweden?

If both Merrill and Blankenburg are out, is there even an option to bring over another Dman or did the additions of Swayman, Tynan, Hartman, and Boldy fill up the permitted amount of registrattion slots?
Blankenburg was on the original line chart just prior to game time, so I would guess whatever kept him out was relatively minor.

Reactions: Chapin Landvogt

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado

They have 2 roster spots available because Hartman and Boldy haven't been registered yet. Once they are the roster is full. They have an extra d-man with them (Jordan Harris) but they don't have plans to register him over Hartman or Boldy.

Reactions: Chapin Landvogt

SK94

Apr 11, 2016

I expected much more from Bordeleau but still a shocking decision to scratch him. Like they have too much skill already.

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany

I expected much more from Bordeleau but still a shocking decision to scratch him. Like they have too much skill already.

I can imagine the staff has factored in that one or more of the forwards will at least have to see a few shifts on defense.

Puck Dogg

Puck life
Mar 13, 2006
You guys where disciplined today unlike the other games and won fairly. With Swayman in net and Boldy and Hartman added i have USA as a medal-canidate.

US players have been enjoying their spare time in Tampere and let's just put it that way they pretty relaxed about the tournament. They'll be wiped out by the Swiss.

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
US players have been enjoying their spare time in Tampere and let's just put it that way they pretty relaxed about the tournament. They'll be wiped out by the Swiss.
I know one thing, win or lose I'll be cheering for the U.S in that game, and for good reason.

Reactions: NyQuil

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I know one thing, win or lose I'll be cheering for the U.S in that game, and for good reason.

With my Canada hat on, for sure. The Swiss always play us tough.

With my international hockey hat on, I'm kind of rooting for the Swiss. Their program has come a long way in my lifetime.

Reactions: jj cale

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
With my Canada hat on, for sure. The Swiss always play us tough.

With my international hockey hat on, I'm kind of rooting for the Swiss. Their program has come a long way in my lifetime.
It's not for favourable matchup concerns that I will be rooting for the U.S. the U.S will play us hard ass like they always do.

I am rooting for them because so many Euro posters have been shitting all over both N.A teams like they always do. I've about had enough of their horseshit...............go U.S.A.

Reactions: Deep Blue Metallic

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
You're always a gamer Bonney, I like that.

People are sleeping on Team USA. The additions of Tynan, Swayman, Hartman, and Boldy really changed the makeup of the team. Granted, I'm conditioned to expect USAH to choke at the WCs but the team has played better this tournament than the standings would indicate. Outside all of the penalties against Finland, and all the missed open nets against Czechia, they've been good. Hopefully we don't choke this lead away.

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
People are sleeping on Team USA. The additions of Tynan, Swayman, Hartman, and Boldy really changed the makeup of the team. Granted, I'm conditioned to expect USAH to choke at the WCs but the team has played better this tournament than the standings would indicate. Outside all of the penalties against Finland, and all the missed open nets against Czechia, they've been good. Hopefully we don't choke this lead away.
Totally agree, they are a different team now, all those adds were really big.

Wish we had Swayman, solid netminder.

Reactions: William H Bonney

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad