Dec 12, 2016
Qc
So USA
Galchenyuk - Pavelski - Kane
Gaudreau - Mathews - Wheeler
Saad - Eichel - Kessel
Pacioretty - Kesler - Trocheck
Atkinson - Oshie
1.JVR 2.Coyle 3.Kreider 4.Larkin 5.Tkachuk 5.Parise 6.Hayes 7.Stepan 8.Johnson 9.Vessey 10.Foligno

Suter - Shattenkirk
Mcdonagh - Faulk
Werenski - Jones
Krug - Carlsson
1.Byfuglien 2.Hanifin 3.Gotisbehere 4.Fowler 5.Trouba 6.Niskanen 7.

Schneider
Quick
Bishop

Foward

For first line , Kane is lock to it . I put Pavelski at C because we had Wheeler and Kessel also in R . Galchenyuk play great this season and i dont want to have a line with Gaudreau and Kane . He also has more upside offensive than Saad and more complete in his offensive games than Pacioretty.

Matthews play very well despite her young age . Gaudreau and Wheeler are good fit with him , line with speed and lot of ability to score .

Kessel deserve a spot this time . Against in best for points and goal . One of best shot in this league . Eichel have also a tremendous shot . I love idea of Saad make this team , very implicate and dedicate . Versatile player and he can score . He will make some space to Eichel and Kessel .

Some name for last 5 spot : Pacio , Kesler , Trocheck , Oshie , Atkinson , JVR , Coyle , Larkin , Tkachuk , Kreider , Johnson , Foligno , Stepan , Hayes , Parise , Vessey , Palmieri. Very close call . I love Larkin and his speed But it does not have the season expected . Also Parise not deserve a spot at this point and Johnson too , so i remove them to take Kesler/Trocheck/Oshie . Kesler had a special game , Trocheck have ore upside than other player and Oshie for what he do in last Olympics . But i hope that that the last 5 player in 1 years be Trocheck Larkin Kesler Tkachuk and Coyle . Young guys have their fate in the hand .

Suter and McDonagh two safe left D are lock in . **** play very well this season and he can complete well Suter . Love the game of Faulk too so i have im in top 4 . Young pairing of Columbus , Werenski & Jones are insane , controlling puck and have a great first pass , despite their lack of experience , i will bring him . Last two D spot are really open , put Krug with great season and Carlsson . Hoping that a D like Gotisbehere play better to surpass Krug . Byfuglien cold be a nice choice too at right to bring some upside and different player to this team .

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
So USA
Galchenyuk - Pavelski - Kane
Gaudreau - Mathews - Wheeler
Saad - Eichel - Kessel
Pacioretty - Kesler - Trocheck
Atkinson - Oshie
1.JVR 2.Coyle 3.Kreider 4.Larkin 5.Tkachuk 5.Parise 6.Hayes 7.Stepan 8.Johnson 9.Vessey 10.Foligno

Suter - Shattenkirk
Mcdonagh - Faulk
Werenski - Jones
Krug - Carlsson
1.Byfuglien 2.Hanifin 3.Gotisbehere 4.Fowler 5.Trouba 6.Niskanen 7.

Schneider
Quick
Bishop

Foward

For first line , Kane is lock to it . I put Pavelski at C because we had Wheeler and Kessel also in R . Galchenyuk play great this season and i dont want to have a line with Gaudreau and Kane . He also has more upside offensive than Saad and more complete in his offensive games than Pacioretty.

Matthews play very well despite her young age . Gaudreau and Wheeler are good fit with him , line with speed and lot of ability to score .

Kessel deserve a spot this time . Against in best for points and goal . One of best shot in this league . Eichel have also a tremendous shot . I love idea of Saad make this team , very implicate and dedicate . Versatile player and he can score . He will make some space to Eichel and Kessel .

Some name for last 5 spot : Pacio , Kesler , Trocheck , Oshie , Atkinson , JVR , Coyle , Larkin , Tkachuk , Kreider , Johnson , Foligno , Stepan , Hayes , Parise , Vessey , Palmieri. Very close call . I love Larkin and his speed But it does not have the season expected . Also Parise not deserve a spot at this point and Johnson too , so i remove them to take Kesler/Trocheck/Oshie . Kesler had a special game , Trocheck have ore upside than other player and Oshie for what he do in last Olympics . But i hope that that the last 5 player in 1 years be Trocheck Larkin Kesler Tkachuk and Coyle . Young guys have their fate in the hand .

Suter and McDonagh two safe left D are lock in . **** play very well this season and he can complete well Suter . Love the game of Faulk too so i have im in top 4 . Young pairing of Columbus , Werenski & Jones are insane , controlling puck and have a great first pass , despite their lack of experience , i will bring him . Last two D spot are really open , put Krug with great season and Carlsson . Hoping that a D like Gotisbehere play better to surpass Krug . Byfuglien cold be a nice choice too at right to bring some upside and different player to this team .

What about JT Miller?

Butch26

Dec 12, 2016
Qc
J.T can also put in bubble . I Don't believe and his chance but he could be a nice PK guys with some ability to score . But player for player , i put Hayes before Miller

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
J.T can also put in bubble . I Don't believe and his chance but he could be a nice PK guys with some ability to score . But player for player , i put Hayes before Miller

No way Vesey belongs before Miller. Miller is a much better hockey player. They are the same age.

xxxx

Sep 20, 2012
Made this poll in NHL-poll section, about who would people there choose to be in the US team right now (not one year from now, but today), cause I was pretty interested in how would certain players fare, and I also think there is a lot of players who have played pretty well this year (Atkinson, Zucker, Miller, Coyle, Kreider, Jones, Werenski, Oshie, etc.) and who make things interesting when creating the team. So here's the line-up made from the amount of votes. The number of people who have voted is pretty big, about 150 for goaltenders so far, and over 200 for defensemen and forwards.

Johnny Gaudreau 92% - Auston Matthews 95% - Patrick Kane 95%
Max Pacioretty 86% - Jack Eichel 93% - Phil Kessel 90%
Alex Galchenyuk 62% - Joe Pavelski 91% - Blake Wheeler 81%
Brandon Saad 61% - Ryan Kesler 75% - Cam Atkinson 52%
Zach Parise 51%
T.J. Oshie 50%
(the next most voted players have been Van Riemsdyk 37%, Kreider 34%, Stepan 29%, and Okposo 24%)

Ryan Suter 92% - Justin Faulk 78%
Ryan McDonagh 90% - Seth Jones 76%
Cam Fowler 68% - John Carlson 72%
Kevin Shattenkirk 56%
Dustin Byfuglien 53%
(the next most voted defensemen have been Werenski 42%, Trouba 27%, Leddy 24%, Niskanen 21%, and E.Johnson 20%)

Corey Schneider 91%, Jonathan Quick 81%, Ben Bishop 52%
(the next most voted goalie was Gibson with 46%)

EDIT: updated

Last edited:

OKOptimistic

Feb 15, 2017
Texas
I really don't know anything about Hockey I just started watching it this year but I'm a Patriot so a made a USA lineup for fun.

Pacioretty - Matthews - Kessel
Suter - Shattenkirk

Saad - Pavelski - Kane
Werenski - Jones

Gaudreau - Eichel - Wheeler
Mcdonagh - Faulk

Miller - Kesler - Atkinson
Byfuligan

Galchenyuk
Oshie
Gostisbhere

Schneider, Quick, Gibson

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
I really don't know anything about Hockey I just started watching it this year but I'm a Patriot so a made a USA lineup for fun.

Pacioretty - Matthews - Kessel
Suter - Shattenkirk

Saad - Pavelski - Kane
Werenski - Jones

Gaudreau - Eichel - Wheeler
Mcdonagh - Faulk

Miller - Kesler - Atkinson
Byfuligan

Galchenyuk
Oshie
Gostisbhere

Schneider, Quick, Gibson

welcome to the fun!

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Made this poll in NHL-poll section, about who would people there choose to be in the US team right now (not one year from now, but today), cause I was pretty interested in how would certain players fare, and I also think there is a lot of players who have played pretty well this year (Atkinson, Zucker, Miller, Coyle, Kreider, Jones, Werenski, Oshie, etc.) and who make things interesting when creating the team. So here's the line-up made from the amount of votes. The number of people who have voted is pretty big, about 150 for goaltenders so far, and over 200 for defensemen and forwards.

Johnny Gaudreau 92% - Auston Matthews 95% - Patrick Kane 95%
Max Pacioretty 86% - Jack Eichel 93% - Phil Kessel 90%
Alex Galchenyuk 62% - Joe Pavelski 91% - Blake Wheeler 81%
Brandon Saad 61% - Ryan Kesler 75% - Cam Atkinson 52%
Zach Parise 51%
T.J. Oshie 50%
(the next most voted players have been Van Riemsdyk 37%, Kreider 34%, Stepan 29%, and Okposo 24%)

Ryan Suter 92% - Justin Faulk 78%
Ryan McDonagh 90% - Seth Jones 76%
Cam Fowler 68% - John Carlson 72%
Kevin Shattenkirk 56%
Dustin Byfuglien 53%
(the next most voted defensemen have been Werenski 42%, Trouba 27%, Leddy 24%, Niskanen 21%, and E.Johnson 20%)

Corey Schneider 91%, Jonathan Quick 81%, Ben Bishop 52%
(the next most voted goalie was Gibson with 46%)

EDIT: updated

USA finally seems to have the flexibility to bring competent top-six (and even top-line) forwards and play them in a fourth line role rather than bring your Ryan Callahan's along.

A fourth line of Saad, Trocheck, Kesler, Atkinson, Kreider, Parise, Foligno, etc. is going to change the entire dynamic of this US team.

Xokkeu

Apr 5, 2012
Frozen
USA finally seems to have the flexibility to bring competent top-six (and even top-line) forwards and play them in a fourth line role rather than bring your Ryan Callahan's along.

A fourth line of Saad, Trocheck, Kesler, Atkinson, Kreider, Parise, Foligno, etc. is going to change the entire dynamic of this US team.

Ryan Callahan of six years ago would still probably make this team. Guy was a really good player. People just look at him now and forget

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Gaudreau - Matthews - Kane
Saad - Eichel - Kessel
Pacioretty - Galchenyuk - Wheeler
Larkin - Trocheck - Pavelski
Tyler Johnson

Suter - McDonagh
Faulk - Shattenkirk
Jones - Trouba
Werenski

Schneider
Quick
Gibson

I firmly believe that Larkin and Johnson will have big years next year. Both players too fast and talented to leave off here on the big ice.

Galchenyuk is just too skilled to leave off, and he is finally at his natural center position where he plays the best.

Trouba I expect to make that big jump next year as well and be that potent two way force we need..he makes it over Carlson for me. Werenski is the real deal, his talent on the point for power plays will be needed. Faulk has a bomb from the point that was so ridiculously missed at the World Cup.

Pavelski on the 4th line might look insane, but balancing out these lines and going with a 4th line as quick and talented as this one could be what we need...and all lines will get plenty of playing time, this isn't a typical NHL 4th line.

I am overall impressed with what we will have at our disposal - this team is loaded with all these guys still in play : Okposo, Kesler, Palmieri, Tkachuk, JVR, Oshie, Backes, Atkinson, Foligno, J.T Miller, Kreider, Stepan, Parise, Coyle, Nelson, Lee etc, etc

I can't see any rookies really in the mix due to the depth we have right now , keep an eye on Kyle Connor and Nick Schmaltz for down the road players who can explode next year with the talent they could be playing with.

Xokkeu

Apr 5, 2012
Frozen
Gaudreau - Matthews - Kane
Saad - Eichel - Kessel
Pacioretty - Galchenyuk - Wheeler
Larkin - Trocheck - Pavelski
Tyler Johnson

Suter - McDonagh
Faulk - Shattenkirk
Jones - Trouba
Werenski

Schneider
Quick
Gibson

I firmly believe that Larkin and Johnson will have big years next year. Both players too fast and talented to leave off here on the big ice.

Galchenyuk is just too skilled to leave off, and he is finally at his natural center position where he plays the best.

Trouba I expect to make that big jump next year as well and be that potent two way force we need..he makes it over Carlson for me. Werenski is the real deal, his talent on the point for power plays will be needed. Faulk has a bomb from the point that was so ridiculously missed at the World Cup.

Pavelski on the 4th line might look insane, but balancing out these lines and going with a 4th line as quick and talented as this one could be what we need...and all lines will get plenty of playing time, this isn't a typical NHL 4th line.

I am overall impressed with what we will have at our disposal - this team is loaded with all these guys still in play : Okposo, Kesler, Palmieri, Tkachuk, JVR, Oshie, Backes, Atkinson, Foligno, J.T Miller, Kreider, Stepan, Parise, Coyle, Nelson, Lee etc, etc

I can't see any rookies really in the mix due to the depth we have right now , keep an eye on Kyle Connor and Nick Schmaltz for down the road players who can explode next year with the talent they could be playing with.

I would take Carlson over shattenkirk

Jaykay

Jul 5, 2012
Minneapolis, MN
I would take Carlson over shattenkirk

I'd take both over Werenski. He's still so young and I have a hard time believing he will produce at the same rate next year.

A lot of people had Ghost on this team last year and look where that went.

Nothing against Werenski, I think he will be a great defenseman for a long time, I just don't think he's ready for this level next year.

Xokkeu

Apr 5, 2012
Frozen
Really going to depend on whether the NHL holds out all players on contracts or just those in the league

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
G Mike Dunham
G Garth Snow
D Ted Crowley
D Brett Hauer
D Chris Imes 180
D Peter Laviolette
D Matt Martin
D Travis Richards
D Barry Richter
LW Craig Johnson
LW Todd Marchant
LW David Roberts
LW Brian Rolston
C Mark Beaufait
C Peter Ciavaglia
C Ted Drury
C Darby Hendrickson
C David Sacco
RW Jeff Lazaro
RW Jim Campbell
RW Peter Ferraro
RW John Lilley

That was the last non-NHL Olympics team. If the 2018 team mirrors this at all, the team will basically be an older WJC team with a couple veteran players sprinkled in.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad