Team Sweden U16 2022-2023

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
2022/23 Schedule
December 1-4: Elite Camp to decide which will make the roster
December 14-18: Three games vs. Finland U16
February 12: 4-nation tournament in Czechia
April: 4-nation tournament in Sweden

Figure we could use a thread like this to speculate. I am interested to see if the 07-born hype is for real.

Last edited:
Reactions: HknAndn

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
Very Early Prediction

Note: This is not my personal prediction. I do yet not have the knowledge to do so. Only seen some of the players in a few TV-Pucken games and the top ones maybe in J18 last season.

BUT, I had a long conversation with a person tonight that should be one of the people that knows the 07-group the best (due to his field of work in hockey), this early on. I challenged him to predict the first Swedish U16 team and here is his take:

GOALTENDERS
Love Härenstam, Luleå
William Forsberg, Brynäs

DEFENSEMEN
Zeb Lindgren, Björklöven
Lucas Grahn, Djurgården
Alfred Persson, Frölunda
Oliver Sjöström, Luleå
Karl Annborn, HV71
Hugo Hallin, MODO
Joe Wahlund, Färjestad

FORWARDS
Anton Frondell, Djurgården
Filip Ekberg, Almtuna
Ivar Stenberg, Frölunda
Jakob Ihs Wozniak, Luleå
Melvin Novotny, Täby
Milton Gästrin, MODO
Theo Stockselius, Täby
Noel Skarby, HV71
Ville Nyberg, Karlskrona
Torkel Jennersjö, Mälarö
Viktor Klingsell, Skellefteå
Casper Juustovaara, Luleå
Gabriel Pettersson-Askling, Örebro

Guess it can be fun to see how many he gets right in a few months. :)

big names producing as expected...

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
Skärmavbild 2022-10-17 kl. 17.59.19.png

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
Hasn't even played in J20 yet. Their J20 players should have been available, weird.

Did get to play though and had 2 SOG, Vita Hästen had 14 SOG total, so, yeah.

The competition in J18 Region is often better than in J20 Region. Vita Hästen J18 plays vs teams like Rögle, HV71, Växjö, Frölunda, Malmö, Linköping etc. Those teams have U18 players that would be among the very best had they played J20 Region instead.

Vita Hästen J20 plays ... vs Olofström, Kungälv, Bäcken etc. Not uncommon that the top players play J18 instead of J20 when the J20 team plays in a lower/crappy league :)

(and Vita Hästen J20 appears also to be a horrendous team). That said, I know nothing about Douglas Flygt, but will be interesting to track next season in Rögle :)

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
Damn, Oliwer Sjöström is a pretty darn good defenseman. Such a great skater. You can clearly see why he is playing regular minutes in J20

luddf

Nov 5, 2013
Gävle
Very Early Prediction

Note: This is not my personal prediction. I do yet not have the knowledge to do so. Only seen some of the players in a few TV-Pucken games and the top ones maybe in J18 last season.

BUT, I had a long conversation with a person tonight that should be one of the people that knows the 07-group the best (due to his field of work in hockey), this early on. I challenged him to predict the first Swedish U16 team and here is his take:

GOALTENDERS
Love Härenstam, Luleå
William Forsberg, Brynäs

DEFENSEMEN
Zeb Lindgren, Björklöven
Lucas Grahn, Djurgården
Alfred Persson, Frölunda
Oliver Sjöström, Luleå
Karl Annborn, HV71
Hugo Hallin, MODO
Joe Wahlund, Färjestad

FORWARDS
Filip Ekberg, Almtuna
Ivar Stenberg, Frölunda
Jakob Ihs Wozniak, Luleå
Melvin Novotny, Täby
Milton Gästrin, MODO
Theo Stockselius, Täby
Noel Skarby, HV71
Ville Nyberg, Karlskrona
Torkel Jennersjö, Mälarö
Viktor Klingsell, Skellefteå
Casper Juustovaara, Luleå
Gabriel Pettersson-Askling, Örebro

Guess it can be fun to see how many he gets right in a few months. :)
Forsberg and Härenstam both show why they should be in Sweden U16 this season from what i can see in TV-pucken.

Hoglunder

Jan 5, 2016
My early prediction of the U16 team

GOALTENDERS
Love Härenstam, Luleå
William Forsberg, Brynäs

DEFENSEMEN
Oliver Sjöström, Luleå
Sascha Boumedienne, Ohio
Karl Annborn, HV71
Zeb Lindgren, Björklöven
Ludvig Söderberg, Södertälje
Hugo Hallin, Modo
Felix Färhammar, Mälarö

HM: Lucas Grahn, Neo Hirsch, Alfred Persson, Joe Wahlund, Liam Pettersson, Måns Bystedt

FORWARDS
Jakob Ihs Wozniak, Luleå
Melvin Novotny, Täby
Filip Ekberg, Almtuna
Arvid Drott, Djurgården
Ivar Stenberg, Frölunda
Jonas Lagerberg Hoen, Leksand
Noel Skarby, HV71
Milton Gästrin, Modo
Philip Larsson, Örebro
Noah Pettersson Askling, Örebro
Ville Nyberg, Karlskrona
Elias Eriksson, Färjestad

HM: Leo Sundqvist, Svante Uusitalo, Theo Stockselius, Torkel Jennersjö, Viktor Klingsell, Eric Nilsson, Tim Tuzin, Douglas Flygt, Harry Styf, Emil Olsson, Albin Laksonen, Östberg twins

Tunadal HC

Feb 26, 2020
During the next couple of months will show some changes, I think we have to wait, there are some really good skilled players who haven't grown or are really far into puberty who play J18 at a high level, very intresting to follow the 2007's.

Justsaying

May 13, 2020
No roosters to Region Camps?
They were released last week, but not published as far as I know. I've only seen 3 of 4.

4 GK, 12 D, and 18 FW on each roster.

Region North - a clear demonstration of the power of TV-pucken. Dominated by players from Luleå (9) and Modo (10). Adding a set of players from Skellefteå (6 including newly transferred Zeb Lindgren), Timrå (3) and Brynäs (2, those playing for Hälsingland). Other teams with representation include Sundsvall, Boden, Brunflo and HaparandaTornio. No real surprise in my opinion. All key prospects included.

Region East - obviously very hard to predict in advance. All players selected played TV-pucken - for such a large region, there are always players not selected to the TV_puck roster (due to coaches opinion) that could have been candidates. But no one was given the nod. A strong set of goalies as always (could easily been at least 3 or 4 others selected). The D-corpse for this region is probably the weakest in a few years. See some names missing that could have been on the roster. Up front, the main guys are there. Nacka (6), DIF (5) Södertälje (4) and Mälarö (3) only teams with more than two players on the roster. Notably - unusually few Täby players on the roster (2) and Stockselius not on the list.

Region South - from a top down perspective, a very different roster than usual. Many teams with representation, like Mariestad, Grästorp, Troja, Nittorp, Hanhals and Skara. The goalie side is relatively weak - shown by the fact that Måns Goos (Västerås) has been added to this roster. Doesn't come as a surprise that HV71 (7) Frölunda (6) and Växjö (4) had most frequent representation. Karlskrona and Linköping each had three players rostered. I'm somewhat sureprised to see only one Frölunda forward on the roster (Stenberg). Maybe a result of weak performance for Göteborg in TV-pucken?

Region West - I haven't seen this one so far. I guess it will be a very interesting mix of young guns, probably dominated by players from Brynäs, Örebro, Färjestad and Leksand.

PuckPoise

May 25, 2011
4 out of 44 players born in the second half of the year. I guess their job is to see who is best for a national team right now but it seems wild that it would be like that year after year when the NHL and SHL show more spread out birthdate.

Sascha Boumedienne will be interesting, seems like he has grown a lot the last year. Very skilled.

B Boarding

Feb 26, 2005
Stockholm, Sweden
Some notable omissions are Ivar Stenberg, Neo Hirsch, Arvid Drott, Östberg twins, Noah Pettersson Askling, Ludvig Söderberg, Eric Nilson, Douglas Flygt, Noel Skarby etc. That's a lot of talent not making this team.

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
Some notable omissions are Ivar Stenberg, Neo Hirsch, Arvid Drott, Östberg twins, Noah Pettersson Askling, Ludvig Söderberg, Eric Nilson, Douglas Flygt, Noel Skarby etc. That's a lot of talent not making this team.
Definitely thought Stenberg and Skarby would be on this roster. Guess it could be an early indication of how deep this group of prospects is.

Really looking forward to seeing the final roster play their first games. Last year (the 06’s) Finland was so much better …then again.. their 2006-borns seem awesome. But, yeah… I am not very fond of the SWE 06 players. Having watched pretty much all games at the recent u17 world challenge did not change that opinion.

Reactions: HknAndn

B Boarding

Feb 26, 2005
Stockholm, Sweden
Definitely thought Stenberg and Skarby would be on this roster. Guess it could be an early indication of how deep this group of prospects is.

Really looking forward to seeing the final roster play their first games. Last year (the 06’s) Finland was so much better …then again.. their 2006-borns seem awesome. But, yeah… I am not very fond of the SWE 06 players. Having watched pretty much all games at the recent u17 world challenge did not change that opinion.
I think when players like Stenberg etc catches up physically, they will be on the roster. The talent is definitely there.
It's a problem in many team sports that the late borns get undervalued due to being less physically developed. Maybe the Swedish and/or international hockey federations should think about dividing age grops according to the draft rules? I think that would keep more late born talent playing hockey. I bet a lot of them quit hockey around this age due to not making TV-Pucken, due to being less physically developed.
This age group should however beat a normal Finnish age group quite easily. It's the best in ages from what it looks like now.

Agree about the 06's. They are probably the worst age group in a long time. Maybe since the 99's? Most talented players are around 5-8 ft and won't grow much more. Zetterberg would be a top 5 or 10 pick if he could grow to at least 5-10 or 5-11 ft. But I doubt he reaches even 5-9.

erikhamren

May 7, 2021
Sweden
My Finnkampen roster/lineup:

Frondell - Jennersjö - Ihs Wozniak
Ekberg - Gästrin - Laksonen
Novotny - Larsson - Sundqvist
Genborg - Styf - Klingsell

Sjöström - Sascha
Lindgren - Färhammar
Hallin - Annborn

The camp starts tomorrow.