U18: Team Slovakia 2022 U18 WJC roster talk

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
Are there any news? April is here in 2 weeks and we heard nothing. Will there be some pre-tournament games?
No roster announcement yet is a bit strange. I wonder if they are waiting to see if they will get overseas players. Petrovsky will still be playing games with OS, Elias in Green Bay, Kmec with Prince George, Repcik with Cape Breton. The first games are on the 11th, not that far away. Still not much info from federation.
Sounds like that game will be made up only from players who are playing in Slovakia, if I understand it right.

Reactions: Goodman68

Ivo

Dec 29, 2008
Rotterdam, NL
Could they still do an instant promotion? That, if Slovakia wins the tournament they could play at the main event this year? So frustrating, without covid, they would be there.

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
Could they still do an instant promotion? That, if Slovakia wins the tournament they could play at the main event this year? So frustrating, without covid, they would be there.
You’d think, but I guess it’s too short of a turnaround or what. They aren’t doing it, they said there will be no relegation and they will just promote 2 teams for the 2023 tournament

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
Pre tourney roster
1648045859991.png

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
They'd probably come if they have no club games, in other words, if their teams fall out of playoffs. For sure at least one of Nemec, Sykora, Mesar will come as they play each other in a series that ends just before the tournament.
I think Mesar will be there, Poprad will be eliminated by Nitra tbh. And also Repcik and Suchy are said to be coming, maybe Kmec too. Petrovsky, despite being mentioned in the article, is too important to release. Dvorsky and Ciernik depends on their teams result as well, but SSK isn’t good so Ciernik is probably in.

Perhaps something like this:

Mesar - Repcik - Sotek
Molnar - Dvorsky - Ciernik
Misiak - Suchy - Honzek
Kopecky - Pobezal - Jencko

Eperjesi - Chromiak
Krakovsky - Kmec
Mosko - Tomas

Elias
Jurcak

jaro

Mar 31, 2018
I think Mesar will be there, Poprad will be eliminated by Nitra tbh. And also Repcik and Suchy are said to be coming, maybe Kmec too. Petrovsky, despite being mentioned in the article, is too important to release. Dvorsky and Ciernik depends on their teams result as well, but SSK isn’t good so Ciernik is probably in.

Mesar - Repcik - Sotek
Misiak - Suchy - Honzek

Eperjesi - Chromiak
Krakovsky - Kmec
Mosko - Tomas

Elias
Jurcak
Slafkovsky is still posibility. He said that if tps will fall in playoff he sure will come

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
Slafkovsky is still posibility. He said that if tps will fall in playoff he sure will come
I’m not sure they will, they have a favourable round 1 matchup that could take more than 10 days to conclude. And than the second round would go through the tournament. But anything can happen still.

tobu

Jan 10, 2013
Bratislava, Slovakia

Mesar - Repcik - Sotek
Misiak - Suchy - Honzek

Eperjesi - Chromiak
Krakovsky - Kmec
Mosko - Tomas

Elias
Jurcak
Should still win the tournament.

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
Should still win the tournament.
Yeah I think even without Nemec, Slafkovsky, Mesar and other top 04’s we could still even do well In the regular U18 tourney too. Better than Germany and Latvia for sure. As for the D1A tournament I would expect us to win every game pretty comfortably with even B squad

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
Thanks for the info didn´t know Sisik is significantly improved defensively. But still I´m sure he won´t be on the team and Honzek will. You say Honzek´s skating will hold him back but I can say some thing about Sisik´s size - he´ll be 17 this month, is undersized and still isn´t even ppg player in U18 league in Finland, for me this is not enough to make a team.

I don´t say Honzek is an excellent player, he isn´t but still you underestimate him a little bit. At the HGC was decent defensively, at least he was much better than Kopecky. In contrast with Sisik who is struggling only in U18 league this season, Honzek is playing Slovak extraliga and can score there among the men and it´s happening for some reason.
Did you watch todays game? 4-3 loss to Czechs. All my points were proven. Honzek, Kopecky and Zabka don’t belong near this team. Perhaps guys who actually work hard in u20 league should be rewarded, not sons of ex-players. Putting Zabka on the PP must be some kind of sick joke

Rusty7550

Aug 11, 2018
Did you watch todays game? 4-3 loss to Czechs. All my points were proven. Honzek, Kopecky and Zabka don’t belong near this team. Perhaps guys who actually work hard in u20 league should be rewarded, not sons of ex-players. Putting Zabka on the PP must be some kind of sick joke
Honzek was ok, we scored 2nd goal thanks to žabka (im not his fan btw), gabriel sucked, molnar was our best player

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
Honzek was ok, we scored 2nd goal thanks to žabka (im not his fan btw), gabriel sucked, molnar was our best player
I agree, Molnar and Jencko were the 2 clear best players. I liked Chromiak too, creative in the ozone, but should be on the PP over Zabka. We did limit Petr and Sale to basically nothing so that’s a positive. I’m guessing Kulich plays tomorrow, presenting another challenge.

Rusty7550

Aug 11, 2018
I agree, Molnar and Jencko were the 2 clear best players. I liked Chromiak too, creative in the ozone, but should be on the PP over Zabka. We did limit Petr and Sale to basically nothing so that’s a positive. I’m guessing Kulich plays tomorrow, presenting another challenge.
But overall it was nice game from our team. I was expecting more from CZ. 2 shorthanded goals (wtf) and some sloppy passing cost us better result.

HamburgerSK

Jan 18, 2022
Molnár was the best Slovak player. All guys playing Extraliga on regular basis showed that they are two steps ahead. I liked Dej too. Štrbák was struggling being on the ice by first three goals against and making some bad decisions. He improved significantly in the third.

Martinez89

May 20, 2019

Yes I watched.
I agree with you with Molnar and Jencko as an our best players and I liked Chromiak too. Kopecky is probably our worst player in this B squad too, this guy is completely useless and I never seen a good game from him.

But I disagree about Zabka I liked him and see some potential, some nice moves from him in both games. Yes he is quite responsible for last minute goal against but until that moment I really liked what I saw from him. Honzek was nothing special, average in my eyes but much better than someone like Kopecky and Strbak.

Next game is in one hour, curious what we´ll see here :)

Reactions: jaro

Martinez89

May 20, 2019
3-1 for Slovakia U18, good game from young Slovaks we were better team here. We had massive improvement in the net in Rastislav Elias but Czechs spent a minimal time in O-zone in this game.

1st line Sotek, Gabriel, Honzek with a good game and obviously Molnar-Jencko duo so. From dmen I like the most Eperjesi and Zabka today.

Jakub Chromiak hadn´t his best game today and obviously Kopecky wasn´t good but it´s his standard performance. Pobezal got a limited role in these games so I don´t see him make a team this year. He´s still too "childlike" so give him some time to mature physically.

Overall, I like what I saw in these games. In normal year I would say this is an average Slovak team but don´t forget we played without all our big dogs here :D

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad