U18: Team Slovakia 2022 U18 WJC roster talk

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
U20 wjc is destroyed. Lets talk about the upcoming u18 WJC. Lets hope it happens.

Elias

Natny - Nemec
Barcik - Kmec
Chromiak - Strbak

Slafkovsky - Dvorsky - Ciernik
Mesar - Petrovsky - Sykora
Molnar - Honzek - Sotek
Sisik - Misiak - Zlnka

Thats a crazy strong team. Lots of right handed defenders, i found no left handed :laugh::laugh:

Slovakia is gonna murder division 1a. They would be heavy gold-favorites with this team even in the highest division.

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
This tournament is pretty much irrelevant. I wouldn’t even send these players: Slaf, Nemec, Dvorsky, Ciernik, Mesar and rather let them stay and play with club teams and train/play there. But I doubt that will happen. So here is how I would lineup

Slafkovsky - Repcik - Mesar
Sotek - Petrovsky - Sykora
Molnar - Dvorsky - Ciernik
Misiak - Pobezal - Sisik

Mosko - Nemec
Natny - Kmec
Chromiak - Strbak

Elias
Urban

Or maybe with Covid and it being D1 we leave certain players with club duties:

Molnar - Gabriel - Sotek
Misiak - Pobezal - Sykora
Sisik - Zöld - Kopecky
Krizan - Jencko - Honzek

Natny - Strbak
Zabka - Chromiak
Eperjesi - Tomas

Jurcak
Urban

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
If Slafkovsky wants, can play he is probaly gonna end up with 3 points a game or something.
I wonder if they will go with basically our U18 project team and leave big guns at home and let them play with their club. I wouldn’t mind seeing Pobezal as 1C. Too me, great talent for his age in line with Dvorsky offensively.

Last edited:

mirec04

Sep 3, 2018
Slovakia
This tournament is pretty much irrelevant. I wouldn’t even send these players: Slaf, Nemec, Dvorsky, Ciernik, Mesar and rather let them stay and play with club teams and train/play there. But I doubt that will happen. So here is how I would lineup

Misiak - Pobezal - Sisik

Mosko - Nemec
Natny - Kmec
Chromiak - Strbak

Elias
Urban

Or maybe with Covid and it being D1 we leave certain players with club duties:

Molnar - Gabriel - Sotek
Misiak - Pobezal - Sykora
Sisik - Zöld - Kopecky
Krizan - Jencko - Honzek

Natny - Strbak
Zabka - Chromiak
Eperjesi - Tomas

Jurcak
Urban
I would not underestimate it. We are waiting almost 3 years for this tournament.
It is desperately needed to win it and to promote. Our opponents will play total defence against us so IMO we must send our best players.

HamburgerSK

Jan 18, 2022
Once again Slafkovský expressed today his wish to take part in U18 tournament (source hokejportal.net, online translation)

The Winter Olympics was a lifetime achievement for Slafkovsky, but the 2021/2022 season will not end there, quite the opposite. He has an extremely busy schedule ahead of him, as in addition to his club duties, he is also scheduled to compete in the U18 World U18 Division I tournament, where he would like to help Slovakia return to the elite. In addition, he would also like to start at the World Championship in Finland and his participation in the repeat U20 World Championship, which will be held in August, is also in the cards. And to make matters worse, he will be drafted in June, at which he should attack the top ten according to overseas scouts. "It's a lot, but I'm enjoying it," he remarked with a smile.

peto10

Sep 29, 2011
Slovakia
IIHF should kick Russia and Belarus out of all tournaments and make the Division 1A a mini-qualification for the main tournament.

And I agree with mirec, we should bring the best players.

Reactions: stastny12

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
Irrelevant? Are you crazy?
Wrong translation, I meant like it’s not the same level as top division. Of course we need it as 2001s got us relegated and we haven’t had the chance to be back and it would be nice to have 2005s there in the draft year

Last edited:

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
I would not underestimate it. We are waiting almost 3 years for this tournament.
It is desperately needed to win it and to promote. Our opponents will play total defence against us so IMO we must send our best players.
Than the first lineup should be used. No use breaking up chemistry from HGC.

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
If Russia and Belarus is truly gone from IIHF as rumours say than it looks like we could get in for this tournament.

Misiak - Sisik - Kopecky
Pobezal

Mosko - Nemec
Natny - Kmec
Krakovsky - Strbak
Chromiak

Elias
Jurcak
Urban

PP1: Nemec, Mesar, Repcik, Slaf, Dvorsky
Pp2: Ciernik, Petrovsky, Chromiak, Sykora, Molnar

stastny12

Dec 26, 2018
Trencin, Slovakia
If Russia and Belarus is truly gone from IIHF as rumours say than it looks like we could get in for this tournament.

Misiak - Sisik - Kopecky
Pobezal

Mosko - Nemec
Natny - Kmec
Krakovsky - Strbak
Chromiak

Elias
Jurcak
Urban

The roster is terrifying. We are going to win it!

vlady

May 22, 2009
Bratislava
www.powerplay.studio
upload_2022-2-28_22-20-38.png

There are 2 empty slots in the top division on the IIHF website. Wonder if we might get invited as a replacement

HamburgerSK

Jan 18, 2022

Misiak - Sisik - Kopecky
Pobezal

Mosko - Nemec
Natny - Kmec
Krakovsky - Strbak
Chromiak

Elias
Jurcak
Urban

Luca Krakovský is out since Dec.,1st due to shoulder injury. I doubt he will be able to be part of the team.

Ivo

Dec 29, 2008
Rotterdam, NL
I hope they let Slovakia play in the top division now that there are empty slots. Would be a shame for this generation to miss out, I don't think we are going to have a better team in a very long time. Maybe let the top two teams from Divison 1 be promoted immediately instead of next year.

Ratatoskr

May 27, 2004
Germany
I hope they let Slovakia play in the top division now that there are empty slots. Would be a shame for this generation to miss out, I don't think we are going to have a better team in a very long time. Maybe let the top two teams from Divison 1 be promoted immediately instead of next year.
My guess is they invite Slovakia (relegated from Top Division in 2019) and Kazakhstan (second best team in Division I A in 2019) to fill up the two empty spots.

Reactions: hellwar9

Martinez89

May 20, 2019

Misiak - Sisik - Kopecky
Pobezal

Mosko - Nemec
Natny - Kmec
Krakovsky - Strbak
Chromiak

Elias
Jurcak
Urban

If Slovakia will play this WJC in that case I would make a few small changes in this lineup.

Goaltending - without change
Defense - here only I would like to see Leo Eperjesi instead of Krakovsky. I see Eperjesi being somewhere on the Chromiak´s level from my viewings.
Attack - Pobezal isn´t ready for this action yet though is very talented, give him one more year. We´re too strong to try him this WJC, after all he´s still too physically immature. Not sure if Sisik is ready - and definitely he isn´t a player for the 4th line so instead of him Honzek should be in the lineup. I would add maybe Gabriel as a substitute but there are more options for sure. Otherwise the lineup looks really deadly to the opponents hope Slovakia will be participate here will be fun to watch again :popcorn:

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
If Slovakia will play this WJC in that case I would make a few small changes in this lineup.

Goaltending - without change
Defense - here only I would like to see Leo Eperjesi instead of Krakovsky. I see Eperjesi being somewhere on the Chromiak´s level from my viewings.
Attack - Pobezal isn´t ready for this action yet though is very talented, give him one more year. We´re too strong to try him this WJC, after all he´s still too physically immature. Not sure if Sisik is ready - and definitely he isn´t a player for the 4th line so instead of him Honzek should be in the lineup. I would add maybe Gabriel as a substitute but there are more options for sure. Otherwise the lineup looks really deadly to the opponents hope Slovakia will be participate here will be fun to watch again :popcorn:
Sisik has really developed 2 way ability since last year. At recent u17 tournament, he was best Slovak forward defensively. He played first line PK and was also as the forward on 5v3 and plays PK in Finland u18 as well. He absolutely can play the 4th line role, similar player to Milos Roman. As for Honzek, he doesn’t belong here. His skating will get him picked apart like it did at the HGC and it has not gotten better since than. Hes also a TO machine.

Reactions: Martinez89

kudla

May 11, 2016
Bratislava, Slovakia
Sisik has really developed 2 way ability since last year. At recent u17 tournament, he was best Slovak forward defensively. He played first line PK and was also as the forward on 5v3 and plays PK in Finland u18 as well. He absolutely can play the 4th line role, similar player to Milos Roman. As for Honzek, he doesn’t belong here. His skating will get him picked apart like it did at the HGC and it has not gotten better since than. Hes also a TO machine.
Honzek's skating has definitely improved and he will be on the team no matter what.

Martinez89

May 20, 2019

Thanks for the info didn´t know Sisik is significantly improved defensively. But still I´m sure he won´t be on the team and Honzek will. You say Honzek´s skating will hold him back but I can say some thing about Sisik´s size - he´ll be 17 this month, is undersized and still isn´t even ppg player in U18 league in Finland, for me this is not enough to make a team.

I don´t say Honzek is an excellent player, he isn´t but still you underestimate him a little bit. At the HGC was decent defensively, at least he was much better than Kopecky. In contrast with Sisik who is struggling only in U18 league this season, Honzek is playing Slovak extraliga and can score there among the men and it´s happening for some reason.

Reactions: hellwar9

HamburgerSK

Jan 18, 2022
There are still so many question marks concerning upcoming U18 tournaments. Although IIHF has announced last Monday several amendments regarding Divisions II and III there were yet no changes regarding WC and Division I.
I doubt that Slovakia will get direct promotion to WC 2022 as that would render the upcoming Division I tournament in Slovakia far less attractive. Perhaps they promote the best two teams from Div. I immediately. Slovakia could play with their B roster and IF promoted play with the A roster one week later at WC. Of course this scenario bears some risks and would be somewhat unfair towards another promoted team.
IF Slovakia gets promoted - either per IIHF decision or from Div. I - it would mean they would be playing in Group B in Landshut as the Group A in Kaufbeuren is already set.
Unless everything goes a different way.
It would be great to see the boys at the WC, so IF they really get the chance, I'll see you all in Landshut.

wayupnorth

Nov 22, 2018
Only OHL and WHL regular seasons are over April 17. QMJHL regular season ends May 1, then playoffs start for all leagues Tournament starts April 21st . Any chance the dates get pushed a couple weeks later ?

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
There are still so many question marks concerning upcoming U18 tournaments. Although IIHF has announced last Monday several amendments regarding Divisions II and III there were yet no changes regarding WC and Division I.
I doubt that Slovakia will get direct promotion to WC 2022 as that would render the upcoming Division I tournament in Slovakia far less attractive. Perhaps they promote the best two teams from Div. I immediately. Slovakia could play with their B roster and IF promoted play with the A roster one week later at WC. Of course this scenario bears some risks and would be somewhat unfair towards another promoted team.
IF Slovakia gets promoted - either per IIHF decision or from Div. I - it would mean they would be playing in Group B in Landshut as the Group A in Kaufbeuren is already set.
Unless everything goes a different way.
It would be great to see the boys at the WC, so IF they really get the chance, I'll see you all in Landshut.
I have to agree, if the tournament wasn’t being held at home I would say it would be a better chance. The only way I can see us playing in the top division is if that tournament gets pushed back a couple of weeks and they bring the top 2 teams from Div1 to play in Germany. IIHF has been quiet so far which is concerning considering the tournament is a month away

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad