WC: Team Norway roster wc 2022

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Norway leauge is ofc stronger than Allsvenskan, saying anything else is ignorance.

A better comparison would be Norway league vs SHL. Its pretty close. NLA, DEL, KHL, Czechia league and Liiga are the best leagues in Europe. We can all agree on that. After that comes EBEL, SHL, Slovakian league, Denmark League and Norway league.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Norway leauge is ofc stronger than Allsvenskan, saying anything else is ignorance.

A better comparison would be Norway league vs SHL. Its pretty close. NLA, DEL, KHL, Czechia league and Liiga are the best leagues. We can all agree on that. After that comes EBEL, SHL, Slovakian league, Denmark League and Norway league.
No, we can’t all agree on what you are saying. SHL is closer to the KHL than Liiga and SHL teams win the CL every single year with rotated teams.

Reactions: kabidjan18

FinPanda

Team Finland 2022 WHC champions
Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland

A better comparison would be Norway league vs SHL. Its pretty close. NLA, DEL, KHL, Czechia league and Liiga are the best leagues in Europe. We can all agree on that. After that comes EBEL, SHL, Slovakian league, Denmark League and Norway league.
Lmao. Allsvenskan is definitely better than Norwegian league

Reactions: kabidjan18

kthx

Bedard to Bruins 2023
Apr 24, 2019

Man of controversial takes.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Why are all those Norwegian NT players playing in Allsvenskan?

It's really pretty simple, Norwegian league has 7 Allsvenskan level teams and 3 HockeyEttan level ones. It's really hard to grasp how do you guys manage to turn this into the race who can misevaluate it worse.

A Bundy

Mar 3, 2021
Lmao. Allsvenskan is definitely better than Norwegian league
A never ending discussion it seems, but to try to nudge the debate towards the subject of the thread: The Norwegian roster has 12 out of 25 players from the Norwegian league and they have been looking better than Austria and also Latvia head-to-head in this tourney in my opinion. Austria is a lot about ICEHL (not sure how they rank vs Allsvenskan?) but Latvia has a pretty solid roster from NHL, KHL, SHL and NL. I think the Norwegian league is better than some people give it credit for, and it is reflected in the National team. I think it is a bit overlooked and underestimated, and I guess that is why players like Lilleberg get drafted as an overager, and this year Eskild Bakke Olsen is in the rankings as an overager. Looking forward to see Stavanger in CHL next year.

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
A never ending discussion it seems, but to try to nudge the debate towards the subject of the thread: The Norwegian roster has 12 out of 25 players from the Norwegian league and they have been looking better than Austria and also Latvia head-to-head in this tourney in my opinion. Austria is a lot about ICEHL (not sure how they rank vs Allsvenskan?) but Latvia has a pretty solid roster from NHL, KHL, SHL and NL. I think the Norwegian league is better than some people give it credit for, and it is reflected in the National team. I think it is a bit overlooked and underestimated, and I guess that is why players like Lilleberg get drafted as an overager, and this year Eskild Bakke Olsen is in the rankings as an overager. Looking forward to see Stavanger in CHL next year.
You are right, Norway league is underated. I would say its as good as SHL, EBEL and Slovakian league but a step behind KHL, NLA, DEL, Liiga and Czech league.

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
It would be interesting to see how a best possible team Norway would do in WC. Thoresen just retired but lets pretend he was in.

Zucarello - Petterssen - Thoresen
Olimb - Olimb - Rosseli Olsen
Martinsen - Haga - Valkve Olsen
Olden - Tretteness - Jakobsson

Thats a good top 6. Decent bottom 6.

Lillienberg - Lesund
Holm - Holös
Bonsaksen - Kåsastul

Haukeland
Arntzen
Volden

In my book, a team that makes the playoffs as the 7-8th team.

Levshunov

May 7, 2022
Minsk, Belarus
It would be interesting to see how a best possible team Norway would do in WC. Thoresen just retired but lets pretend he was in.

Zucarello - Petterssen - Thoresen
Olimb - Olimb - Rosseli Olsen
Martinsen - Haga - Valkve Olsen
Olden - Tretteness - Jakobsson

Thats a good top 6. Decent bottom 6.

Lillienberg - Lesund
Holm - Holös
Bonsaksen - Kåsastul

Haukeland
Arntzen
Volden

In my book, a team that makes the playoffs as the 7-8th team.
I do not know how things are in Norwegian hockey now, but people wrote that Thoresen had left the national team. Holm has terrible stats in CHL. In my opinion, he should be a backup defender. Valkve Olsen has terrible statistics, he just didn't make the roster for this championship. My option, do not judge strictly, maybe the guys from Norway will correct me.

Petterssen - Lindstrom - Zucarello
Rosseli Olsen - Olimb - Olimb
Olden - Haga - Martinsen
Roymark - Tretteness - Jakobsson

Lillienberg - Holos
Lesund - Johannesen
Espeland - Kåsastul

Haukeland
Arntzen
Holm

Urbanskog

Platinum Member
Feb 8, 2014
Helsinki
Matt Maione went from 46 points as a d-man in the KHL to 21 in the Italian league.
I hereby announce that the Italian league is superior to the KHL.
Amuses me that someone would call ICEHL "the Italian league" when in reality 2 out of the 14 teams participating this past season were Italian.

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
This will be the last tournament for norwegian head coach Petter Thoresen that will be returning to club hockey next season.
The team will play four double games against Sweden, Finland, Denmark and Slovakia for preperation in April.

Here's my suggestion for the roster.
Some uncertianty about or north american based players in AHL that both playes for some of the best teams in AHL and likely will have a deep run in calder cup. Mats Zuccarello's Minnesota is also doing good so he'll be busy with Stanley Cup.(Norwegian back Erlend Lesund in Rögle SHL will not participate due to injury.)

GK:
Henrik Haukeland-Red Bull München-DEL
Jonas Arntzen-örebro-SHL
Henrik Holm-Stavanger Oilers-FKL(Fjordkraftligaen)

Backs:
Jonas Holøs-Køln-DEL
Emil Lilleberg-Oskarshamn-SHL

Alexander Bonsaksen-KooKoo-Liiga
Christian Kåsastul-Ontario Reign-AHL*

Johannes Johannesen-Västervik-HockeyAllsenskan(Sweden level-2)
Max Krogdahl-Västervik-HockeyAllsvenskan.

Ole Julian Holm-Mississauga Steelheads-OHL

Forwards

1.line
Mathias Trettenes(La chaux de fonds-Swiss League)-Patrick Thoresen(Storhamar-FKL)-Ken Andre Olimb-Schenninger wild wings-DEL)

2.line
Mats Rosseli Olsen(Frölunda-SHL)-Mathis Olimb(Vålerenga-FKL)-Mathias Emilio Pettersen*-(Stockton Heat-AHL)

3.Line
Sondre Olden(La Chaux de fonds-Swiss league)-Philip Granath(Rögle-SHL-Michael Haga(Lukko-Liiga)

4th line will be a checking line with "energy players"
Andreas Martinsen(Lillehammer-FKL)-Martin Røymark(Vålerenga-FKL)-Erik Salsten(Storhamar-FKL)

*=will likely play calder cup in North America.

Other players that might be in the roster.
Forwards

Markus Vikingstad-Fischtown Pinguins-DEL
Thomas Valkvæ Olsen-Krefeld pinguine-DEL
Mikkel Øby Olsen-Oskarshamn-SHL
Tobias Fladeby-Tingsryds AIF-HockeyAllsvenskan
Gustav Willman Borvik-Södertälje-HockeyAllsenskan
Back
Mathias Nørstebø-Bjørklöven-HockeyAllsvenskan
GK
Lars Volden-BIK Karlskoga-HockeyAllsvenskan

Wondering about Vikingstad in terms of North American potential? Is now 23 and has seven goals in 20 games for Fischtowne.

Fjorden

Jan 17, 2021
Bergen, Norway
www.bergenishockey.no
Wondering about Vikingstad in terms of North American potential? Is now 23 and has seven goals in 20 games for Fischtowne.
He has good size 1.91 cm and 93 kg. Physically he has good preconditions to play in NA. Very good on +/- stats this season as well.

He is having a small breakthrough this season, and seems to have adapted well to the German DEL.. Good shot and described as a playmaker. Son of former NHL draft Tore Vikingstad.

Definetly worth to follow if he continues to develop. If he contiues to have a good season in DEL, and a good WC for Norway it could be worth giving him a chanche in the AHL.

Reactions: Eye of Ra

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
He has good size 1.91 cm and 93 kg. Physically he has good preconditions to play in NA. Very good on +/- stats this season as well.

He is having a small breakthrough this season, and seems to have adapted well to the German DEL.. Good shot and described as a playmaker. Son of former NHL draft Tore Vikingstad.

Definetly worth to follow if he continues to develop. If he contiues to have a good season in DEL, and a good WC for Norway it could be worth giving him a chanche in the AHL.
or he goes to Liiga, SHL, NLA

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
What the Optimal Squad would look like right now if everyone is healthy and available?
Imo

Mats Zucarello - Mathias Emilio Pettersen - Patrik Thoresen
Mats Rosseli Olsen - Mathis Olimb - Ken Andre Olimb
Gustav Willman Borvik - Mikkel Oby Olsen - Markus Vikingstad
Kristian Jakobsson - Eirik Salsten - Andreas Martinsen

Erlend Lesund - Johannes Johannesen
Mattias Nörstebö - Emil Lilleberg
Ole Julian Bjorgvik Holm - Alexander Bonsaksen

Henrik Haukeland
Jonas Arntzen
Lars Volden

Reactions: Levshunov

Fjorden

Jan 17, 2021
Bergen, Norway
www.bergenishockey.no
Imo

Mats Zucarello - Mathias Emilio Pettersen - Patrik Thoresen
Mats Rosseli Olsen - Mathis Olimb - Ken Andre Olimb
Gustav Willman Borvik - Mikkel Oby Olsen - Markus Vikingstad
Kristian Jakobsson - Eirik Salsten - Andreas Martinsen

Erlend Lesund - Johannes Johannesen
Mattias Nörstebö - Emil Lilleberg
Ole Julian Bjorgvik Holm - Alexander Bonsaksen

Henrik Haukeland
Jonas Arntzen
Lars Volden
I think some of our players in Liiga in Finland would make the team. Trettenes in HPK. Philip Granath in Tappara have also been better after a difficult start. Christian Kåsastul(back) in HIFK.

Also Sondre Olden in the swiss league. A very fast skater that produces.

Michael Haga in ICEHL for black wing Linz is also having fine season.

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
I think some of our players in Liiga in Finland would make the team. Trettenes in HPK. Philip Granath in Tappara have also been better after a difficult start. Christian Kåsastul(back) in HIFK.

Also Sondre Olden in the swiss league. A very fast skater that produces.

Michael Haga in ICEHL for black wing Linz is also having fine season.
Yeah but i wrote that in Nov.

Anyways Sonde Olden plays in SL not NLA.

Granholm is another player who is doing good in ICEHL.

Fjorden

Jan 17, 2021
Bergen, Norway
www.bergenishockey.no
Yeah but i wrote that in Nov.

Anyways Sonde Olden plays in SL not NLA.

Granholm is another player who is doing good in ICEHL.
About Olden. He has been struggling with injuries. And It's hard for a foreginer to get a spot in a NLA team since they have had so strickt import restrictions with only 4 players until this season. So many good foreigners ends up playing for the farm team because of the import restricitions.

E.g a guy like Linus Klasen plays/played in SL this season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad