WC: Team Norway roster wc 2022

Fjorden

Jan 17, 2021
Bergen, Norway
www.bergenishockey.no
This will be the last tournament for norwegian head coach Petter Thoresen that will be returning to club hockey next season.
The team will play four double games against Sweden, Finland, Denmark and Slovakia for preperation in April.

Here's my suggestion for the roster.
Some uncertianty about or north american based players in AHL that both playes for some of the best teams in AHL and likely will have a deep run in calder cup. Mats Zuccarello's Minnesota is also doing good so he'll be busy with Stanley Cup.(Norwegian back Erlend Lesund in Rögle SHL will not participate due to injury.)

GK:
Henrik Haukeland-Red Bull München-DEL
Jonas Arntzen-örebro-SHL
Henrik Holm-Stavanger Oilers-FKL(Fjordkraftligaen)

Backs:
Jonas Holøs-Køln-DEL
Emil Lilleberg-Oskarshamn-SHL

Alexander Bonsaksen-KooKoo-Liiga
Christian Kåsastul-Ontario Reign-AHL*

Johannes Johannesen-Västervik-HockeyAllsenskan(Sweden level-2)
Max Krogdahl-Västervik-HockeyAllsvenskan.

Ole Julian Holm-Mississauga Steelheads-OHL

Forwards

1.line
Mathias Trettenes(La chaux de fonds-Swiss League)-Patrick Thoresen(Storhamar-FKL)-Ken Andre Olimb-Schenninger wild wings-DEL)

2.line
Mats Rosseli Olsen(Frölunda-SHL)-Mathis Olimb(Vålerenga-FKL)-Mathias Emilio Pettersen*-(Stockton Heat-AHL)

3.Line
Sondre Olden(La Chaux de fonds-Swiss league)-Philip Granath(Rögle-SHL-Michael Haga(Lukko-Liiga)

4th line will be a checking line with "energy players"
Andreas Martinsen(Lillehammer-FKL)-Martin Røymark(Vålerenga-FKL)-Erik Salsten(Storhamar-FKL)

*=will likely play calder cup in North America.

Other players that might be in the roster.
Forwards

Markus Vikingstad-Fischtown Pinguins-DEL
Thomas Valkvæ Olsen-Krefeld pinguine-DEL
Mikkel Øby Olsen-Oskarshamn-SHL
Tobias Fladeby-Tingsryds AIF-HockeyAllsvenskan
Gustav Willman Borvik-Södertälje-HockeyAllsenskan
Back
Mathias Nørstebø-Bjørklöven-HockeyAllsvenskan
GK
Lars Volden-BIK Karlskoga-HockeyAllsvenskan

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
P.Thoresen - Olimb - Olimb
Lindström - Pettersen - Jakobsson
Fladeby - Haga - Granath
Roseli Olsen - Salsten - Borvik
Bakke Olsen, E.Wold

Lilleberg - Bonsaksen
Norstebö - Johanessen
Kåsastul - Krogdahl
OEE Andersen - Espeland

Arntzen
Haukeland
Volden

I think the Olimbs should stick together.

Fladeby is having a great season in Allsvenskan, so does Volden.

The 2 swedes, Kristian Jabkosson and Lindström would probaly be on the roster, as they should. I think they are better than Trettness and Olden.

Holös has been injured all season long. Im not counting on him.

Bakke Olsen and Wold are legit good already, would like to see them on the roster.

Im not that high on J.Holm. Not having his best season either.

Ole Einar Engeland Andersen is a intresting player.

Fjorden

Jan 17, 2021
Bergen, Norway
www.bergenishockey.no
P.Thoresen - Olimb - Olimb
Lindström - Pettersen - Jakobsson
Fladeby - Haga - Granath
Roseli Olsen - Salsten - Borvik
Bakke Olsen, E.Wold

Lilleberg - Bonsaksen
Norstebö - Johanessen
Kåsastul - Krogdahl
OEE Andersen - Espeland

Arntzen
Haukeland
Volden

I think the Olimbs should stick together.

Fladeby is having a great season in Allsvenskan, so does Volden.

The 2 swedes, Kristian Jabkosson and Lindström would probaly be on the roster, as they should. I think they are better than Trettness and Olden.

Holös has been injured all season long. Im not counting on him.

Bakke Olsen and Wold are legit good already, would like to see them on the roster.

Im not that high on J.Holm. Not having his best season either.

Ole Einar Engeland Andersen is a intresting player.

Jonas Holøs is back from injury. He played his 1st game this season for Köln in 1st back pair this weekend.
I'm not so sure about Lindström, getting older and a bit slow at this level. He is really good on face offs though. Jakobsson have been very good in FKL, so he might have a spot in the roster. Jakobsson also has a norwegian mother so he is norwegian at least 50%.
Both Trettenes and Olden have produced many goals and assists in the Swiss league. Both of them have speed and skill.

Reactions: Yozhik v tumane

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Jonas Holøs is back from injury. He played his 1st game this season for Köln in 1st back pair this weekend.
I'm not so sure about Lindström, getting older and a bit slow at this level. He is really good on face offs though. Jakobsson have been very good in FKL, so he might have a spot in the roster. Jakobsson also has a norwegian mother so he is norwegian at least 50%.
Both Trettenes and Olden have produced many goals and assists in the Swiss league. Both of them have speed and skill.

trettenes and olden is doing that in SL/NLB which is the second league in Switzerland. Its not as strong as for exemple Allsvenskan.

Fjorden

Jan 17, 2021
Bergen, Norway
www.bergenishockey.no
trettenes and olden is doing that in SL/NLB which is the second league in Switzerland. Its not as strong as for exemple Allsvenskan.

I can agree that the swiss league level 2 isn't that good. The swiss have this weird rule with a low number of foreign players, so the league is flooded with mediocre swiss players. But the foreign players in Switzerland are really good in both SL and NL.

If it wasn't for that rule I'm sure both Trettenes and Olden would have gotten more games in NL

Yozhik v tumane

Jan 2, 2019
I can agree that the swiss league level 2 isn't that good. The swiss have this weird rule with a low number of foreign players, so the league is flooded with mediocre swiss players. But the foreign players in Switzerland are really good in both SL and NL.

If it wasn't for that rule I'm sure both Trettenes and Olden would have gotten more games in NL

Olden’s outscoring Linus Klasen and Niklas Olausson, both of whom would still be very good in the SHL. Pretty interesting.

Khokhlach86

Jul 8, 2012
Moscow
First training camp roster

MÅLVAKTER (2):

Tobias Breivold, Vålerenga

Henrik Fayen Vestavik, Frisk Asker

BACKER (6):

Christian Bull, HC Novy Zamky

Gabriel Koch, Vålerenga

Sondre Bolling Vaaler, Frisk Asker

Sverre Rønningen, Lillehammer

Stein Andre Hagen, Lillehammer

Christian Fosse, Lillehammer

LØPERE (12):

Tobias Fladeby Tingsryd

Magnus Geheb, Frisk Asker

Viktor Granholm, Frisk Asker

Magnus Brekke Henriksen, Vålerenga

Mathis Olimb, Vålerenga

Martin Røymark, Vålerenga

Esbjørn Fogstad Vold, Frisk Asker

Eskil Wold, Frisk Asker

Martin Gran, Lillehammer

Alexander Reichenberg, Lillehammer

Emil Nyhus, Lillehammer

Andreas Martinsen, Lillehammer

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Why not a young line with Oby Olsen - M.Johnson - Granath

Could work fine as a 3rd line. No pressure to produce. Just go out and having fun. The future of Norway hockey. That would be fun to watch.

Btw i was impressed by Viktor Granholm yesterday.

A Bundy

Mar 3, 2021

Could work fine as a 3rd line. No pressure to produce. Just go out and having fun. The future of Norway hockey. That would be fun to watch.

I wouldn't mind trying such a youth line. Viktor Granhom is on the radar of Abbott and Rögle I think I read once (?). I think the final team will look very similar to Fjorden's post above. Lindström is out this year by own choice, and don't think Jakobsson impressed sufficiently to make the team when all the best players are available. I miss Kenneth P Guldbransen at least for these early friendlies. He has an impressive season on a poor team. If he played for one of the top teams in Norway he could easily been the top scorer in the league. I also think Tobias Fladeby was good and should have a shot - the sniper they need. Funny how things have turned for Norway: Some years back they had like maximum four defenders, three + good goalies and many good forrward options with the right age, now they have an abundance of good Ds, no standout goalie and an aging crop of less than top forwards. The future (3-4 years from now) looks better all over though. I would actually go for Holm as goalie this time. I think Bull might make the team as well btw.

Last edited:

Fjorden

Jan 17, 2021
Bergen, Norway
www.bergenishockey.no

Dosen't look like it will be a youth line given the test game against Denmark. Norway won 3-1 today, but Denmark won 2-0 yesterday. Probobaly next year when the new swedish coach takes over.

Possible adds.
Haukeland is playing final in DEL with RB München and will join the team after that.
Kåsastul from Ontario Regin AHL. The club have been contacted and team Norway wants him released for WC.
Zuccarello and Mathias Emilio Pettersem will play stanley cup and calder cup. they might join if their team have an early exit, but not very likely.

Alexaander Bonsaksen and Patrick Thoresen have declined. Sondre Olden is injured.

I think the lines will look like this.

GK.
Henrik Haukeland-Red Bull München-DEL
Jonas Arntzen-örebro-SHL
Henrik Holm-Stavanger Oilers FKL(Fjordkraftligaen)

Backs.
1.Jonas Holøs-Kölner Haie-DEL--Emil Lilleberg-Oskarshamn-SHL
2.Christian Kåsastul-Ontario-AHL--Johannes Johannesen-Västervik-Hockeyallsvsenskan
3.Max Krogdahl-Västervik-HA---Matias Nørstebø-Björklöven-HA
.4 Christian Bull-HC Nove Zamky-Slovak EXtraliga-Ole Julian Bjørgvik Holm-Mississauga-OHL

forwards.
Ken Andre Olimb Scwenninger wild wings DEL-Mahis Olimb Vålerenga FKL-Mats Rosseli Olsen-Frölunda-SHL
Andreas Martinsen-Lillehammer-FKL-Michael Haga-Lukko-Liiga-Thomas Valkvæ Olsen-Krefeld-DEL
Kristian Jacobsson-Sparta-FKL-Trettenes- La Chaux de fonds-Swiss league-Tobias Fladeby-Tingsryd-HA
Erik Salsten-Storhamar-FKL-Martin Røymark-Vålerenga-FKL-Martin Rønnlid-Storhamar FKL.

Reserves. Markus Vikingstad-Fischtown Pinguins-DEL- Magnus Brekke Henriksen-Vålerenga-FKL-Ludvig Hoff-Stavanger Oilers FKL:

Khokhlach86

Jul 8, 2012
Moscow
update roster

Målvakter​

Jonas Arntzen

Jørgen Hanneborg
Henrik Holm

Backer​

Christian Bull

Johannes Johannesen
Andreas Klavestad
Max Krogdahl
Emil Lilleberg
Håkon Løken Pedersen
Daniel Bøen Rokseth
Sverre Rønningen

Løpere​

Tobias Fladeby
Magnus Geheb
Michael Haga
Magnus Brekke Henriksen
Ludvig Hoff
Kristian Jakobsson
Andreas Martinsen
Ken André Olimb
Mathis Olimb
Mats Rosseli Olsen
Thomas Valkvæ Olsen
Martin Rønnild
Martin Røymark
Eirik Salsten
Mathias Trettenes

Joka12

Apr 13, 2022
Such a gray and boring squad.
As a Norwegian I almost hope that we will get relegated. Our best offensive players for this tournament is two brothers that are starting to get old and a guy playing in the Swiss 2nd division. Something needs to change in Norwegian hockey, maybe a relegation for our NT would make the people in charge understand this. A squad with players like Geheb and Rønnild doesnt deserve to be in the top division anyway.

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Such a gray and boring squad.
As a Norwegian I almost hope that we will get relegated. Our best offensive players for this tournament is two brothers that are starting to get old and a guy playing in the Swiss 2nd division. Something needs to change in Norwegian hockey, maybe a relegation for our NT would make the people in charge understand this. A squad with players like Geheb and Rønnild doesnt deserve to be in the top division anyway.

Martin Johnsen, Oby-Olsen and Philip Granath should have been choosed. Young yes, but good potential and skilled.

Fjorden

Jan 17, 2021
Bergen, Norway
www.bergenishockey.no
Final Roster
1652046053717.png

Where is Stefan Espeland and Tobias Lindstrom?

Busy with playoffs:
Mats Zuccarello (Stanley Cup playoffs)​
Mathias Emilio Pettersen (AHL playoffs)​
Ole Julian Bjørgvik Holm (AHL playoffs)​

Injuries:
Jonas Holøs (knee)​
Alexander Bonsaksen (rehabilitating various injuries)​
Stefan Espeland​
Erlend Lesund (shoulder surgery)​
Sondre Olden (shoulder surgery)​

Declined:
Tobias Lindström​
Patrick Thoresen (retired from national team duty)​

Last edited:

Heia Norge

Mar 14, 2012
Norway
Busy with playoffs:
Ole Julian Bjørgvik Holm (AHL playoffs)
I think you mean the OHL playoffs? He's currently playing for Mississauga Steelheads in the OHL playoffs.

The final roster for Norway looks very weak, only the Olimb brothers can save us once again. I think we will win the game against Great Britain. Not sure about Austria, no guarantee of victory in that matchup.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad