U18: Team Canada

kyle44

Jan 7, 2007
Hockey Canada puts a significant amount of stock in performance at previous international tournaments, sometimes to a fault. I suspect that if the decision came down to Martone or Gavin, then Martone won out because of his outstanding U17.

Having said that, I think Martone is underrated around here. He’s a fantastic prospect.

PecnoTrunk

Dec 20, 2014
I don’t know
These players anymore. I used to follow but I don’t know

Who are the 2024 available draft players ?

Kipper933

Remember the Kipper
Jul 10, 2002
Toronto, ON
Visit site
Sounds like you guys have a very strong roster? Close to what everyone wanted?

Yeah, it's a high quality group of players, one of the best, deepest teams I can remember Canada taking, at least in recent memory.

Last year's team had Bedard and Fantilli but not much else, and seemed poorly coached.

If we can improve our PK from last year's ~35%, I think we're the favorites this year, ahead of the US.

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey
We have at least 7 guys on this team who will be first rounders this year, plus 3 shoe-ins for 2024. They probably have 4 first rounders plus a couple really nice future pieces in Eiserman and Hagens.

It’s impossible for us to be the favourites at this tournament, though. Our guys come together a week before the games start; the US trains together for two entire years just for this moment.
Yeah, it's a high quality group of players, one of the best, deepest teams I can remember Canada taking, at least in recent memory.

Last year's team had Bedard and Fantilli but not much else, and seemed poorly coached.

If we can improve our PK from last year's ~35%, I think we're the favorites this year, ahead of the US.

FourQuarters

Mar 31, 2022
I think they choose Allen as player of the game just because he's the captain… It's so hard to find a bright spot.

SilverCity

Sep 23, 2022
Our boys will be fine. I think they may have been nervous, as our starting goalie let in more goals than he made saves. It becomes a little demoralizing when that happens.

I personally didn't watch the game, but it looked like we outshot SWE the rest of the way. I'm confident that they will bounce back tomorrow.

Reactions: FourQuarters

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Blaming on that canada has many players in CHL playoffs does not count becuse even without all those players Canada should still have a better team than Sweden. Canada has many more active junior players than Sweden.

Reactions: just a hockey fan

Jimmy71

Apr 2, 2022
Blaming on that canada has many players in CHL playoffs does not count becuse even without all those players Canada should still have a better team than Sweden. Canada has many more active junior players than Sweden

I didn't see anyone say that

Reactions: NyQuil

Miro4Norris

Jan 24, 2021
Canada's era at the top of the hockey world seems to be over. First Finland overtook them and now Sweden seems to be following

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad