U18: TEAM CANADA '22

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey
Worst team we’ve ever fielded at this tournament, minus Dyck. Czechia deserved to win about 10-2. Consistently embarrassing performance from 80% of the group.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Canada vs Finland or Sweden now.

Maybe I should hope Finland loses just because I'd like to watch Finland play with TSN commentary.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Canada did not look great in this game, though I only caught the second half of it or so. Now Finland vs Sweden will determine which of the two will play vs Canada.

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey
Canada did not look great in this game, though I only caught the second half of it or so. Now Finland vs Sweden will determine which of the two will play vs Canada.
Canada looked better in the second half than in the first, so…

We have enough individually talented players that it’s a virtual certainty we will score 3+ goals at this level, but we have yet to look like a team with any kind of rhythm or structure. After trading chances the entire game with Germany, the Czechs doubled up on us in shots and the scoring chances were surely even more uneven.

canuck2010

Dec 21, 2010
I think it's to be expected really. It isn't a team as such and it is playing like it. I for one am not going to dump on any of the kids. In tough circumstances they just need to try and do their best. All about personal growth as a player.

The results don't really concern me too much as it is only a development tournament. I don't think more than a handful of these guys would be on a true U18 national squad.

Bubbles

Die Hard for Bedard 2023
Apr 16, 2004
BC Teams:Nucks,Juve
I got issues with the coaching staff for sure. Struch was fired from the Pats mostly because he misplayed Bedard, and guess where he puts on him on the PP...on the point where is not as effective as on the side boards.

The lines are totally messed up. Ward shouldn't be anywhere near Bedard's line. Goyette needs to move to a better line.

Reactions: Dominance

buzzer beater

Oct 24, 2018
The first line is not up to par at all. Howe plays in every situation and doesn’t bring anything. After a real bad game he goes in OT and gets a bad penalty. Its just too fast for him. Why is he playing so much ? No adjustments was made all game. The coaching staff deserves that loss.

Czechboy

Ceší do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Bedard should not be captain. Too young. Let him concentrate on scoring.
I have nothing against him personally, but I feel like your coach is probably the biggest problem. No knock just seems in over his head. Good luck against Finn's... I have no idea who will win that as both nations are usually in the finals or semi's.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
Gob bless my fellow Canadian fans but the poor play of Canada at the U18's in not uncommon. It's just not the tournament for us - for obvious reasons.

Just enjoy watching the (young) kid's play and try not to worry about final results.

MeHateHe

Dec 24, 2006
Gob bless my fellow Canadian fans but the poor play of Canada at the U18's in not uncommon. It's just not the tournament for us - for obvious reasons.

Just enjoy watching the (young) kids play and try not to worry about final results.
Especially this year, when they were thrown together at the very last minute and had their first game together against the tournament favourites.

Reactions: ORRFForever

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
A picture is worth a 1000 words...just saying.
1651026267198.png

On the right. In the ad, she is a lesbian - she's moving in for a kiss.

She's very attractive.

Last edited:

buzzer beater

Oct 24, 2018
Ward and Howe have zero points playing on the first line with Bedard. Zero and still they keep them on the top lines.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad