U18: TEAM CANADA '22

Gold Standard

Sep 7, 2018
without further ado...

tough roster to put together since it was a little challenging to track a lot of these players last year. The Covid lost year.

Roster will change as we approach the April '22 tourney.

And yes, people, I know S. Wright won't be available...and even if he were, by some small miracle, to become available, and after the U20s he'll probably be better served getting in some reps with the NHLers playing in the men's WHC in May.

P LUDWINSKIS WRIGHTM SAVOIE
A VERREAULTC BEDARDH HAIGHT
J GUSTAFSONC GEEKIEB MCCONNELL-BAKER
F MINTONJ COTEP FIMIS
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
B LISOWSKY
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
D MATEYCHUKT LUNEAU
K KORCHINSKIT NELSON
M LAMOUREUXN WARREN
S SOVA
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
C-E GRAVEL
N RUCCIA
J PARSONS
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Reactions: Dominance

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
without further ado...

tough roster to put together since it was a little challenging to track a lot of these players last year. The Covid lost year.

And yes, people, I know S. Wright won't be available...and even if he were, by some small miracle, to become available, and after the U20s he'll probably be better served getting in some reps with the NHLers playing in the men's WHC in May.

F MINTONJ COTEP FIMIS
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
B LISOWSKY
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
D MATEYCHUKT LUNEAU
K KORCHINSKIT NELSON
M LAMOUREUXN WARREN
S SOVA
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
C-E GRAVEL
N RUCCIA
J PARSONS
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Ugggg... Having Marner as our 4th line Left Winger is a BAD idea. :(

kyle44

Jan 7, 2007
without further ado...

F MINTONJ COTEP FIMIS
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
B LISOWSKY
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
D MATEYCHUKT LUNEAU
K KORCHINSKIT NELSON
M LAMOUREUXN WARREN
S SOVA
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
C-E GRAVEL
N RUCCIA
J PARSONS
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

No Adam Fantilli?

Gold Standard

Sep 7, 2018
No Adam Fantilli?

yeah, that's my fault. I just missed him on the U17 HC camp roster. there were a lot of names to go through. as I wrote in the OP, I lost track of a lot of the '04s last year... but the next update will probably include him.

What are the chances he's available in April? Chicago looks to headed for another USHL final.

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
A guy like Calum Ritchie may play his way onto this team.

I would want to showcase the 04s especially since it is the draft year for most of them. They've missed the u17 world hockey challenge and first full season of junior hockey. I would try to stick with as many 04 as possible for this seasons u18 tourney

Gold Standard

Sep 7, 2018
Next roster update will start to eliminate players that will most likely playing CHL playoffs by the time this tournament drops the puck.

A FANTILLI

C BEDARD

B YAGER

P LUDWINSKI

S WRIGHT

C RITCHIE

C GEEKIE

M SAVOIE

N DANIELSON

F MINTON

B MCCONNELL-BAKER

K ZIMMER
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

J GUSTAFSON P FIMIS
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

D MATEYCHUK

T LUNEAU

K KORCHINSKI

T NELSON

O PICKERING

M LAMOUREUX

N DRAPEAU
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

C-E GRAVEL

N RUCCIA

J PARSONS
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Get North

Aug 25, 2013
B.C.
That defence and center depth looks good if all players are available. I guess we'll just wait and see until we get closer to Mar/Apr

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey
Going to be tough after last year’s tournament showcased how Canada can run the field when everyone’s available. You can write off most of that roster to CHL playoffs, while Hockey Canada is probably stupid enough to not bring Bedard along due to having already “graduated” to the U20 level.

peconcan

Apr 24, 2020
Only way Bedard shouldn’t be here is if they bring him to the mens tournament. Who cares he’s already played u20 he’s missed a lot of hockey the last 2 years let him play

Gold Standard

Sep 7, 2018
Only way Bedard shouldn’t be here is if they bring him to the mens tournament. Who cares he’s already played u20 he’s missed a lot of hockey the last 2 years let him play

No chance in hell that Hockey Canada brings a 16 year old to the men's WHC. Zero.

Looks as though he'll be available...hoping Hockey Canada does the right thing and doesn't invoke their silly "graduation rule".

Gold Standard

Sep 7, 2018
Going to be tough after last year’s tournament showcased how Canada can run the field when everyone’s available. You can write off most of that roster to CHL playoffs, while Hockey Canada is probably stupid enough to not bring Bedard along due to having already “graduated” to the U20 level.

year I know, I'm doing that now, eliminating players off the roster who will most likely making deep CHL playoff runs. so far I've got three forward lines that is mostly '05 dependent. Haven't looked at D or G yet.

Definitely going to be hard a challenging tournament. (if it happens)

Oleksiak

Jun 12, 2019
Victoria, BC
Baumgartner hired as coach. Hockey Canada would be wise to keep any guys they have high hopes for off the team in order to prevent this idiot from doing permanent damage to the top prospects. Absolutely zero evidence he is qualified to coach at any level; he was only gifted a job because he got along well with another incompetent imbecile in Travis Green. I don't care how good the roster is, we're screwed when we have a terrible coach handicapping the roster.

Reactions: Bubbles

Get North

Aug 25, 2013
B.C.
Lots of playoff implications in the CHL. Bedard's Regina Pats have 2 games to play and can still make the playoffs as a #8 seed.

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
My best guess...

Rieger Lorenz (AJHL) - Adam Fantilli - Nic Moldenhauer
Tanner Howe - Connor Bedard - Matthew Wood (BCHL)
David Goyette - Kocha Delic - Evan Konyen
Michael La Starza (USHL) - Pano Fimis - Josh Filmon
Matthew Ward - Brayden Schuurman

Other Options:
Tyson Dyck (BCHL), Bowden Singleton (AJHL), Brice Cooke, Aiden Castle, Daimon Gardner (USHL - loan?), Macklin Celebrini (Shattuck), Joshua Davies, Jake Sloan

Owen Pickering - Lukas Dragicevic
Grayden Siepmann - Layton Feist
Spencer Sova (if Erie misses playoffs) - George Fegaras (OJHL - If North York loses)
Rylan Brown (AJHL) - Alec Leonard

Other Options:
Alexis Daviault (if Sarnia misses playoffs), Matthew Morden (SAC), Oliver Bonk

Reid Dyck
Matthew Kieper
Nolan Lalonde (if Erie misses playoffs)

Other Options:
Joseph Costanzo
Paxton Geisel (USHL - could be same as Chicago’s loan)

Wild card questions:
- Does Canada let Bedard repeat the U18's (they should)
- Does Erie or Sarnia take the last OHL playoff spot?
- How many 2005's or even 2006's does HC take?
- Will North York (OJHL) lose to JRC in round two?
- Other surprise additions from playoff teams?
- Will Evan Konyen play for Canada or is he committed to keeping US cards open?
- How many Tier 2 players will Canada take?

Reactions: tunnelvision

peconcan

Apr 24, 2020
My best guess...

Rieger Lorenz (AJHL) - Adam Fantilli - Nic Moldenhauer
Tanner Howe - Connor Bedard - Matthew Wood (BCHL)
David Goyette - Kocha Delic - Evan Konyen
Michael La Starza (USHL) - Pano Fimis - Josh Filmon
Matthew Ward - Brayden Schuurman

Other Options:
Tyson Dyck (BCHL), Bowden Singleton (AJHL), Brice Cooke, Aiden Castle, Daimon Gardner (USHL - loan?), Macklin Celebrini (Shattuck), Joshua Davies, Jake Sloan

Owen Pickering - Lukas Dragicevic
Grayden Siepmann - Layton Feist
Spencer Sova (if Erie misses playoffs) - George Fegaras (OJHL - If North York loses)
Rylan Brown (AJHL) - Alec Leonard

Other Options:
Alexis Daviault (if Sarnia misses playoffs), Matthew Morden (SAC), Oliver Bonk

Reid Dyck
Matthew Kieper
Nolan Lalonde (if Erie misses playoffs)

Other Options:
Joseph Costanzo
Paxton Geisel (USHL - could be same as Chicago’s loan)

Wild card questions:
- Does Canada let Bedard repeat the U18's (they should)
- Does Erie or Sarnia take the last OHL playoff spot?
- How many 2005's or even 2006's does HC take?
- Will North York (OJHL) lose to JRC in round two?
- Other surprise additions from playoff teams?
- Will Evan Konyen play for Canada or is he committed to keeping US cards open?
- How many Tier 2 players will Canada take?
What 2006 would even have a chance? I couldn’t see any when there were no ES players this season

Bubbles

Die Hard for Bedard 2023
Apr 16, 2004
BC Teams:Nucks,Juve
Baumgartner hired as coach. Hockey Canada would be wise to keep any guys they have high hopes for off the team in order to prevent this idiot from doing permanent damage to the top prospects. Absolutely zero evidence he is qualified to coach at any level; he was only gifted a job because he got along well with another incompetent imbecile in Travis Green. I don't care how good the roster is, we're screwed when we have a terrible coach handicapping the roster.

This is a classic example of nepotism and favouritism in hockey. Baumgartner has done absolutely nothing for the Canucks organization. He can't coach powerplays or run a D-core. And with ZERO junior experience, he gets gifted the U18 job, over many qualified assistant coaches.

This isn't a Pat Quinn situation. Pat was an experienced and great coach.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad