WC: Team Canada 2024

Great99

Apr 12, 2016
Are they confirmed not having invitations?
Its not a easy job to be GM , some will say yes , some will say i need to talk to my family etc , at the same time you don't wanna do others disappointed when others said yes after 3 days thinking , some will say yes if my club will allow , some will say yes if medical say ok, some will say yes if Hockey Canada call me

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
Its not a easy job to be GM , some will say yes , some will say i need to talk to my family etc , at the same time you don't wanna do others disappointed when others said yes after 3 days thinking , some will say yes if my club will allow , some will say yes if medical say ok, some will say yes if Hockey Canada call me
That the fun / challenge of it. :)

MatBarzal

Apr 26, 2022
Tippett may have received an invitation, but it bothers me personally that he didn't say anything about the World Cup at the Philadelphia conference. Therefore, I came to the conclusion that Tippett and Kadri did not receive an invitation.

HFpapi

Mar 6, 2010
Toronto/Amsterdam
Suzuki turning it down is pretty inexcusable. Enough to take him from outside bubble with a chance to fully out of consideration for the four nations squad.
Yeah if I'm team Canada I'm letting both Konecny and Suzuki know already it's a thanks but no thanks for 4 nations and Olympics. Need to start setting a standard for bubble players.

Edit: Ok I see Konecny was injured as recently as late Feb but not sure how serious that was. If he's 100% he should be there.

Reactions: Hamilton Bulldogs

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
We have to wait, maybe there will be some news in the next few days.
Yes.

Team Canada is trying to juggle a million balls. Who do they definitely want, who could become available after round 1 of the NHL playoffs, who is willing to go but Canada can do better, etc... It's not easy.

Disappointed in Suzuki but I was never a fan.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Suzuki turning it down is pretty inexcusable. Enough to take him from outside bubble with a chance to fully out of consideration for the four nations squad.
He probably doesn't make the 4 nations squad anyways and guys have families, might have injuries ect.....no judgments here.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
He probably doesn't make the 4 nations squad anyways and guys have families, might have injuries ect.....no judgments here.
I mean...if he wants to he should be playing. There needs to be a higher expectation for some of these younger guys that want to break into best on best tournaments. Wanting to hit the links with your boys isn't a good enough excuse. Though at the end of the day it is his decision to make, don't cry if he gets left on the outside of the teams he actually would pick over a vacation or golf.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
I mean...if he wants to he should be playing. There needs to be a higher expectation for some of these younger guys that want to break into best on best tournaments. Wanting to hit the links with your boys isn't a good enough excuse. Though at the end of the day it is his decision to make, don't cry if he gets left on the outside of the teams he actually would pick over a vacation or golf.
Any proof that he is hitting the links or is that HF boards 101 for all non playoff teams smack?

Reactions: Samhockey3

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad