WC: Team Canada 2024

therealdeal

Apr 22, 2005
Chabot going is not unexpected, he’s been a great player for Canada, I’m still very pro Chabot. Giroux same thing.

Absolutely none of us thought Letang would even sniff this thing 😂😂

So far I really like this team. Would prefer to use the rookies (Grieg, Benson, etc) as spares, no offense, but I’m always wanting to win this thing.

Hoping Mangiapani and Weegar go from Calgary.

Last edited:

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
If we didn't care about winning, we could put together one heck of a YOUNG team...

Bedard
Fantilli
Cozens
Benson
Quinn
Neighbours
Zary
Celebrini
Dylan Holloway - I don't think he'll plays in the playoffs for Edmonton
Wright
Greig
Bolduc
Newhook
Akil Thomas
McTavish

Power
Byram
Zellweger
Korchinski
Guhle
Drysdale

Levi

Last edited:

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
I'd enjoy, at least for one game, seeing Power and Parayko as a LH/RH 6'6 pairing at this thing. Could work well too with Power handling most of the puck handling responsibility. Byram with Parayko should work too but is less interesting.

I expect that Canada will invite Walman. He had a solid year again and he was on the team last year before getting hurt before the tournament started. Then again I'd have a legitimate laugh at this point if he pulled his nationality stunt again and showed up for USA.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
ugh....................Dubas.

Patience is wearing thin with Suzuki.
At the U20 we had Bonk on our side... now we have Dubas! Wait till the food poisoning before our game. Half your team will be crapping their pants in the lobby. Should still be close.lol

• Haha
Reactions: jj cale

Playmaker82

May 2, 2023
Norway
So, the squad is coming more and more together. As of now it seems that C and defence is the biggest "problems", but Crosby will be a big asset if he says yes. With also Mangiapane and Huberdeau invited, and Guhle in the mix top 6/top 4 could be done. The kids are in with Fantilli and Celebrini, while Tanev has grit. With Binnington as goalie, its the 3-4 liners and 3rd pairing D next up if all accepts their invitation.

McCANN - Crosby - BEDARD
Mangiapane - COZENS - Huberdeau
MERCER - Newhook - Guenther
TANEV - Frost - Bunting
CELEBRINI

Crouse, Foerster, Zary, Benson, Joseph, Fabbri, Greig, Eberle, Tippett. Fantilli.

BYRAM - PARAYKO
POWER - (GUHLE)
Walman - Drysdale
Durzi - Joseph

BINNINGTON
Jarry
Ingram

therealdeal

Apr 22, 2005
Boys, this year we don’t even worry about who isn’t coming, I love this roster so far. McCann and Mercer are great adds.

Reactions: ORRFForever

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
I like adding McCann and Mercer, solid young players for this level even with Mercer having a disappointing year. No time for Suzuki playing three full seasons in a row with no playoffs and no appearances here, cannot be justified. That's three years in a row where he could have had a very prominent role. Going once would have been sufficient.

ameselare

Mar 30, 2024
So, the squad is coming more and more together. As of now it seems that C and defence is the biggest "problems", but Crosby will be a big asset if he says yes. With also Mangiapane and Huberdeau invited, and Guhle in the mix top 6/top 4 could be done. The kids are in with Fantilli and Celebrini, while Tanev has grit. With Binnington as goalie, its the 3-4 liners and 3rd pairing D next up if all accepts their invitation.

McCANN - Crosby - BEDARD
Mangiapane - COZENS - Huberdeau
MERCER - Newhook - Guenther
TANEV - Frost - Bunting
CELEBRINI

Crouse, Foerster, Zary, Benson, Joseph, Fabbri, Greig, Eberle, Tippett. Fantilli.

BYRAM - PARAYKO
POWER - (GUHLE)
Walman - Drysdale
Durzi - Joseph

BINNINGTON
Jarry
Ingram
As per Danny Briere, Drysdale might need to get surgery on his lower body/core area. That'll likely rule him out.

Playmaker82

May 2, 2023
Norway
Ouch. The alternatives on D is kind of thin now after the top 3. Durzi is RFA, Drysdale (and Guhle?) injured, Walman... (Who knows there). Whos next in line? Joseph and?

MatBarzal

Apr 26, 2022
Canada calls Mangiapane and Huberdeau to the national team, but does not call Kadri and Tippett. Where is the logic?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad